Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-10-2006, 03:30 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
>>>>>> <<<<<

You're right....that list is laughable.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:30 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX
Quote:
>>>>>> <<<<<

explain to me how hes better than those quarterbacks
Old 08-10-2006, 03:31 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you a Cards fan or a Colts fan? I can't tell?

Maybe you cheer for the Cards, but you jumped on the Colts bandwagon becaue they were undefeated?
Old 08-10-2006, 03:32 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Are you a Cards fan or a Colts fan? I can't tell?

Maybe you cheer for the Cards, but you jumped on the Colts bandwagon becaue they were undefeated?
i like both teams and ive been a colts fan since i was born. get back to the argument
Old 08-10-2006, 03:32 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Taylor, but Dawkins is still very good, this is gonna be a tight poll. I hope nobody ruins it by creating multiple accounts again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610

So in other words, despite the fact that most people can plainly see the fact that Sanders had a very large impact on a vastly improved defense, and recognize this fact with accolades and awards, you're just going to continue to claim he's underrated because you think he's not the best coverage S? So is your best QB of all-time Matt Hasselbeck? After all, you don't use fact or logic in your arguments, just your opinion.
No, I'm going to claim he's overrated, because he doesn't deserve those awards, because he's one of the worst coverage FS's in the NFL.

And the Colts defense still sucked last year, th only reasont ehy were ranked high is because they had the 5th fewest plays against them, but they allowed their opponents to complete 67.4% of their passes, and average 4.4 yards per carry against them.

Hasselbeck is the 4th best QB in the NFL.
Wow, no need to get so touchy over a typo. So, why exactly do you think he's one of the worst coverage S in the NFL? Is it because others have told you this, so you've accepted it as fact?

High completion percentages come with the territory of running a Tampa 2 defense. It gets compounded when you only have one above average player in your secondary, that being Sanders. If the Colts had the 5th fewest plays run against them, and you claim this to be the sole reason for their success, how do you explain their 2nd ranking in Scoring Defense? Keep in mind as well that they didn't play their starting defense for the last 3 weeks of the season.

Why wouldn't you have Hasselbeck as the best QB of all time? Using just your opinion, you could probably pull that off. Those annoying facts and that impeding concept of logic can be annoying, huh?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:34 PM    (permalink

Taylor.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
>>>>>> <<<<<

The fact that the last 4 options are on there and Bob Sanders is not is very laughable.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:35 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Roethlisberger does nothing but sit back and watch his defense win games. He played a HORRIBLE game in the Superbowl, Hasselbeck atleast played decent.

Look what happened to Delhomme in the NFCC game when Steve Smith was taken away, he went into the toilet. All he can do is throw to 1 receiver, that's why Moose led the NFL in receiving yards in 2004 and that's why Smith did in 2005.

Culpepper and McNabb both went to crap when they lost their top receivers, and McNabb wans't all that great before he got Owens.

Hasselbeck had his 3rd and 4th WR's starting most of the year last year and he didn't miss a beat.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:37 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:

Roethlisberger does nothing but sit back and watch his defense win games. He played a HORRIBLE game in the Superbowl, Hasselbeck atleast played decent.

Look what happened to Delhomme in the NFCC game when Steve Smith was taken away, he went into the toilet. All he can do is throw to 1 receiver, that's why Moose led the NFL in receiving yards in 2004 and that's why Smith did in 2005.

Culpepper and McNabb both went to crap when they lost their top receivers, and McNabb wans't all that great before he got Owens.

Hasselbeck had his 3rd and 4th WR's starting most of the year last year and he didn't miss a beat.
McNabb was a top QB before he had T.O. Wow losing your 3rd and 4th recievers is a huge hit to a quarterback :roll:
Old 08-10-2006, 03:40 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:

McNabb was a top QB before he had T.O. Wow losing your 3rd and 4th recievers is a huge hit to a quarterback :roll:
McNabb was not a top QB befor ehe got T.O., he wasn't bad, but he wasn't one of the best. Go look at his stats, he went from being a 3200 yard QB to being a 3800 yard QB because of T.O.

And you should read that again, I said he had is 3rd and 4th receivers STARTING, As in he lost his top 2 receivers.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:42 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
McNabb was not a top QB befor ehe got T.O., he wasn't bad, but he wasn't one of the best. Go look at his stats, he went from being a 3200 yard QB to being a 3800 yard QB because of T.O.

And you should read that again, I said he had is 3rd and 4th receivers STARTING, As in he lost his top 2 receivers.
leading a team to 3 NFC championship games without any good WR makes you a damned good QB. yea i read that wrong but Jerevicius and Engram are both #2 nfl recievers.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:45 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ############
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ############
Quote:
Bob Sanders should be on here over hamlin, scott and smith
No, Bob Sanders should not be part of this poll. All he can do is hit.
the same thing is said about roy williams but hes in the SS poll
Roy Williams can atleast cover a little bit, and he's a playmaker. BoB Sanders cant cover to save his life and he has no playmaking skills, at all.
thats a joke. sanders is a playmaker and his coverage is adequate. His coverage isnt that important. hes a safety not a corner. you cant possibly say that hamlin is better than sanders
What are you talking about? To be a playmaker you have to make plays. I'm sorry Cards, but 1 career int. is not the resume of a playmaker. All he is good at is run support his coverage is a joke. He barely breaks up any passes, and when teams throw as much as they do against the Colts that can be a problem. Sanders should not have made the pro bowl, he made it because he's such a great tackler, but he doesn't force fumbles. So basically all he does is get a bunch of tackles.[/b]
Old 08-10-2006, 03:48 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:

leading a team to 3 NFC championship games without any good WR makes you a damned good QB. yea i read that wrong but Jerevicius and Engram are both #2 nfl recievers.
Like I said, he's a good QB, I'd put him in the top 10, but he's not one of the elite QB's in the NFL. Peyton, Brady and Palmer are elite. Hasselbeck is at the top of the 2nd tier, that also includes McNabb.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:51 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:

Like I said, he's a good QB, I'd put him in the top 10, but he's not one of the elite QB's in the NFL. Peyton, Brady and Palmer are elite. Hasselbeck is at the top of the 2nd tier, that also includes McNabb.
i would say that McNabb and Hasselbeck are very equal. i dont know what i was thinking with those rankings earlier. I would say that he gets helped a lot by Alexander but he really impressed me in the playoffs last year so no one can say that about him
Old 08-10-2006, 03:56 PM    (permalink

Sean Taylor #21 Washington Redskins.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:40 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bob Sanders should be on here over hamlin, scott and smith
No, Bob Sanders should not be part of this poll. All he can do is hit.
the same thing is said about roy williams but hes in the SS poll
Really, I don't think he's the best, but he's better than Chris Hope. I'm so sick of cowboy fans homers saying Roy is the best in the leage! As for the FS i think Sean Taylor is the best. I did kinda vote for him cause he is much much younger than Brian Dawkins and is about the same skill as him.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:14 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think at the moment id rather have dawkins AT THIS TIME becaue of his solidity, but in a year or so sean over any one
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dawkins.Taylor will be within a few years but for now its dawkins.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:21 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stephonson86, with all due respect, I am beginning to wonder if you even watch the NFL. You usually get the top 2 or 3 players in a poll, but after that you just start throwing out names as if you are picking them at random.

There is no way in hell that Bob Sanders should be off this list. He is a better player right this minute than Sean Taylor is (though not nearly as gifted, admittedly).

By the same token, you have yeomans like Hope, Dwight Smith, Greg Wesley, Bryan Scott etc.

Again, no offense intended, but your choice of personnel has been off on nearly every poll you've posted.

With that said, I went with Dawkins. He has mastered the position right now like few players at any other position. He is just so well polished, and also has a lot of juice left. Definitely him.

Taylor is the new object of affection for fanboys nationwide. He is nowhere near the hype right now, and is wildly overrated by nearly the entire board. He has the tools to be the best safety in the league, and maybe even the best ever, but he has so much to learn that its a joke how much love he gets. Assuming a regular growth curve, though, he will likely be the best in the league by the end of this season or the middle of the next. Just keepin' it real.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:24 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
Stephonson86, with all due respect, I am beginning to wonder if you even watch the NFL. You usually get the top 2 or 3 players in a poll, but after that you just start throwing out names as if you are picking them at random.

There is no way in hell that Bob Sanders should be off this list. He is a better player right this minute than Sean Taylor is (though not nearly as gifted, admittedly).

By the same token, you have yeomans like Hope, Dwight Smith, Greg Wesley, Bryan Scott etc.

Again, no offense intended, but your choice of personnel has been off on nearly every poll you've posted.

With that said, I went with Dawkins. He has mastered the position right now like few players at any other position. He is just so well polished, and also has a lot of juice left. Definitely him.

Taylor is the new object of affection for fanboys nationwide. He is nowhere near the hype right now, and is wildly overrated by nearly the entire board. He has the tools to be the best safety in the league, and maybe even the best ever, but he has so much to learn that its a joke how much love he gets. Assuming a regular growth curve, though, he will likely be the best in the league by the end of this season or the middle of the next. Just keepin' it real.
i had bob sanders down as a SS so what the hell, and i admit i missed him off the list, i have problems with remembering certain types of information, and one of those is remembering things from a collection, so like all FS etc and i miss them off so i need too look at depth charts and i end up missing people, i admit its annoying, but in this case i dont feel bob sanders would win or come second in either poll, so im not going too redo them, sorry for the trouble, and i only get too watch 2 games a week in england
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:35 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine

I know you dont like sean taylor but to say sanders is better at the moment is laughable. Sean Taylor is better against the run and in pass coverage. He also makes more plays that Bob Sanders. What did Bob Sanders do for his team in the playoffs, cause sean taylor scored a TD and won the Tampa game for the redskins and in the seahawks game, he perfectly deflected a pass that was in the endzone and the following play a fumble was forced.

Teams shy away from Taylor and they go at Sanders because he cant cover. Taylor can also hit better and is better at run support. Sanders gets all of that hype because he plays for the colts but he did not deserve to be on that AP team, Troy Polamalu did.....but thats another argument.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you polled every GM in the league who they would rather have between Sanders or Taylor I would be shocked if a single one would choose Sanders, including Indy. That's nothing against Sanders, he's a fine player, he just shouldn't be compared to Taylor.

That being said, I voted for Dawkins.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:46 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
If you polled every GM in the league who they would rather have between Sanders or Taylor I would be shocked if a single one would choose Sanders, including Indy. That's nothing against Sanders, he's a fine player, he just shouldn't be compared to Taylor.

That being said, I voted for Dawkins.
they wouldn't and they shouldn't. Sanders is a good Safety but Sean Taylor is gonna be great.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:01 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Sean Taylor is already great. I agree that Dawkins is good but ST is the BEST FS in the NFL period. Watch some game film and watch him rome the field. Bdawk doesn't have the range or power that ST has..
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote