Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:45 PM    (permalink
dwareroy
Veteran

dwareroy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwareroy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
How is DeAngelo Hall not a top-10 corner? Can you prove he isn't, or our you just spouting off your opinion as fact? I tend to think the latter..
1. I can name 10 corners who are better
2. People tend to look at his "performance" against TO as what made him elite. Last time i checked giving up 112 yards isnt impressive its pathetic.
dont u mean u can anme 10 corners because there arent 10 corners who are better
Champ Bailey
Ken Lucas
Terence Newman
Nate Clements
Chris McAlister
Dunta Robinson
Antrell Rolle
Rashean Mathis
Patrick Surtain
Ty Law
Ronde Barber
Sheldon Brown
Ike Taylor
Leigh Boldon
Old 08-10-2006, 08:48 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Champ Bailey
Ken Lucas
Terence Newman
Nate Clements
Chris McAlister
Dunta Robinson
Antrell Rolle
Rashean Mathis
Patrick Surtain
Ty Law
Ronde Barber
Sheldon Brown
Ike Taylor
Leigh Boldon
Antrell Rolle? That's a joke right? He got burned constantly as a rookie...he certainly has potential, but he has to show it on the field first. Some of the other ones are ridiculous too, but that one especially.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Champ Bailey
Ken Lucas
Terence Newman
Nate Clements
Chris McAlister
Dunta Robinson
Antrell Rolle
Rashean Mathis
Patrick Surtain
Ty Law
Ronde Barber
Sheldon Brown
Ike Taylor
Leigh Boldon

That list is hilarious, thanks for the laugh.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:54 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, that list is pretty laughable.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He couldn't even spell Leigh Bodden's name correctly, but he's still better than DeAngelo Hall.

Old 08-10-2006, 09:18 PM    (permalink
dwareroy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Which names?
Old 08-10-2006, 09:24 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Which names?
All of them but Bailey and Lucas, because they are the only ones in his class. McAlister and Clements are top guys, but not with Hall, Mathis is as well. Ty Law, Ike Taylor, Leigh Bodden (who you can't even spell) aren't anywhere near top CBs.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-10-2006, 09:36 PM    (permalink
dwareroy
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Which names?
All of them but Bailey and Lucas, because they are the only ones in his class. McAlister and Clements are top guys, but not with Hall, Mathis is as well. Ty Law, Ike Taylor, Leigh Bodden (who you can't even spell) aren't anywhere near top CBs.
What makes you think that Hall has proven himself on the level of Bailey, Lucas, Newman, etc.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:43 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Lucas should have won this hands down.. WHat is wrong with the voters on this site??? :evil: It's like a GD popularity contest. Champ bailey is alot of hype. He gets beat a lot for an Elite Shutdown Corner..

Lucas
McCallister
Hall
Clements
Gamble
Newman
Bailey (even this is generous IMO)
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:43 PM    (permalink
dwareroy
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Which names?
What makes you think that Hall has proven himself on the level of Bailey, Lucas, Newman, etc.
*Noticed how you slyly threw Newman in there :roll: *
Considering he didnt give up one TD all last year and put up better numbers than Hall against the same recievers they faced, yes he is clearly a better CB.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Where do you get that Newman didn't give up a touchdown? Keenan McCardell put up 123 yards and 2 touchdowns on opening day.

Old 08-10-2006, 09:48 PM    (permalink
dwareroy
Veteran

Quote:
Where do you get that Newman didn't give up a touchdown? Keenan McCardell put up 123 yards and 2 touchdowns on opening day.
On Anthony Henry and Aaron Glenn, watch the games.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:49 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

It is a fact that Newman didn't give up a TD last year, but when you run zone most of the time the safety gets beat for TDs, not the CB. I agree Newman is a top 10 CB, but Hall is the best CB in this league. Stop being a homer and realize Newman isn't god.

Also Champ got beat twice last year when he had a bad shoulder and a bad hamstring. That isn't getting beat a lot.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-10-2006, 09:58 PM    (permalink
dwareroy
Veteran

Quote:
It is a fact that Newman didn't give up a TD last year, but when you run zone most of the time the safety gets beat for TDs, not the CB. I agree Newman is a top 10 CB, but Hall is the best CB in this league. Stop being a homer and realize Newman isn't god.

Also Champ got beat twice last year when he had a bad shoulder and a bad hamstring. That isn't getting beat a lot.
1. When did I say Newman was the best corner n the league? All i said was that he was beter than Hall how is that being a homer?

2. You say Hall is the best CB in the league and you haavent provided one piece of evidence so far.

3. When did i say Bailey got beat a lot. I have always said he is the best corner in the league BY FAR.

Stop putting ridiculous statements in my mouth because you cant defend your position.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:00 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Ever thing I was responding to someone other than you? :?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-10-2006, 10:01 PM    (permalink
dwareroy
Veteran

Quote:
:D
Old 08-10-2006, 10:03 PM    (permalink
dwareroy
Veteran

Quote:
The newman statements are directly stated to me since no one else has mentioned his name positively. You call me a homer for saying Newman is a top 10 corner and backing it up with facts while you call Hall the top corner in the league with no defense. Does that not make you a bigger homer?
Old 08-10-2006, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Newman shut down Eric Parker, while McCardell tore through the defense, how impressive. :roll:

Joey Galloway - 2 Catches versus Hall in two games
Terrell Owens - 5 Catches on 17 Attempts, 29%, while he averages catching 51% of the passes thrown his way.
Chris Chambers - Held to to 3 catches, after this game Chambers was a manimal.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:08 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
The newman statements are directly stated to me since no one else has mentioned his name positively. You call me a homer for saying Newman is a top 10 corner and backing it up with facts while you call Hall the top corner in the league with no defense. Does that not make you a bigger homer?
I didn't call you a homer for saying Newman is a top 10 CB, I agreed with you, but he is not a top 3 CB like you are saying.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-10-2006, 10:14 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Newman shut down Eric Parker, while McCardell tore through the defense, how impressive. :roll:

Terrell Owens - 5 Catches on 17 Attempts, 29%, while he averages catching 51% of the passes thrown his way.
Darrell Jackson owned hall though.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:18 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is obviously Bailey. I like Rashean, but he doesnt come close to Bailey. Lucas and Gamble aren't as good as Bailey either.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:18 PM    (permalink
dwareroy
Veteran

Quote:

Newman Stats

Terrel Owens - 5 catches 50 yards
Randy Moss - 3 catches 44 yards
Steve Smith - 1 catch 18 yards
Larry Fitzgerald - 4 catches 36 yards
Torry Holt - 4 catches 40 yards
Ashley Lelie - 0 Catches 0 yards
Amani Toomer game 1 - 2 catchess 11 yards
Amani Toomer game 2 - 1 catch 8 yards
Reggie Brown - 3 catches 15 yards
Roy Williams - 5 catches 72 yards
Eddie Kennison - 3 catches 45 yards

Total Touchdowns given up = ZERO
Old 08-10-2006, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Newman is a very good corner, no one's debating that one. Hall vs Newman is debatable. Even if I give you the win, that Newman played better last year;

Nate Clements
Dunta Robinson
Antrell Rolle
Rashean Mathis
Patrick Surtain
Ty Law
Ike Taylor
Leigh Bodden

Are not as good as Hall. Especially considering that Hall has only played 1 1/2 season, as a starter. He'll be the best, this time next year.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:37 PM    (permalink
dwareroy
Veteran

Quote:
Newman is a very good corner, no one's debating that one. Hall vs Newman is debatable. Even if I give you the win, that Newman played better last year;

Nate Clements
Dunta Robinson
Antrell Rolle
Rashean Mathis
Patrick Surtain
Ty Law
Ike Taylor
Leigh Bodden

Are not as good as Hall. Especially considering that Hall has only played 1 1/2 season, as a starter. He'll be the best, this time next year.
He's still young and improving I'll give Hall fans that much. He has the potential to be top 5 and possibly #1 corner in the league but right now he is around 10th. To be 10th best in your 3rd year is an accomplishment to be proud of. Currently, Clements, Surtain, and Dunta are elite while I can see why you take Hall ahead of the other corners.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

- Clements had an awful year last year. He let his contract get in the way of his play.

- What has Robinson done that Hall hasn't? He gets burned more than Hall too.

- I live in Kansas City, Surtain is not that good anymore. He's not elite anymore, like I said, back in 2003...