Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:20 PM    (permalink

Don't forget about him losing 100 carries to Preist Holmes.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime21335
Don't forget about him losing 100 carries to Preist Holmes.
Priest is going on the PUP list Friday i think he is done.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:51 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't buy into the LJ is overrated talk. The guy simply doesn't have any flaws in his game. He's got good speed, he's got good power, he's got good vision, he has good hands coming out of the backfield, and he has a nose for the endzone. I think he'll challenge LT and Shaun Alexander for the title of best running back in the NFL after this season. I'm no Chiefs fan or LJ leg humper, but I really think he's going to be something special. I don't know if he'll gett 2000 yards [but I think it'very possible he will], but at the very least I think he'll in contention for the league rushing title next year.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Cockeymofo76
Veteran

Location: Thirty IQ points above you. 612 not in wisconsin like some complete idiots say....
Cockeymofo76 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Re: LJ Prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockeymofo76
LJ won't have the type of season everyone is predicting here is why

1. Aging O-line and offense... Everyone has a down slope

2. Change in Coaches.. especially the loss of Saunders

3. The PSU Curse name some of the talent that has come out of the RB position that has had a good NFL career in the past 30 years

4. Defensive Awareness.. Now that he is considered the top RB (LT is not a RB he is god's gift to Marty) Defenses will be predicating their whole Defense around him
this is actually looking more possible with the loss of roaf
Old 08-11-2006, 11:08 AM    (permalink
HokiesSkins2621
Rookie

HokiesSkins2621 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Your right, Everybody is expect LJ to have a 2,000 Rushing Yard season. At best he'll have a 1,700 Rushing Yard season.

Washington Redskins Mock Draft:
Round 1: Micheal Oher/OT/Ole Miss
Round 3: Paul Kruger/DE/Utah
Round 5: Marcus Freeman/LB/Ohio State
Round 6: Graham Gano/K/Florida State
Round 7: Maurice Miller/OG/Ole Miss
Snyder, get me Gano!
HokiesSkins2621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:26 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiesSkins2621
Your right, Everybody is expect LJ to have a 2,000 Rushing Yard season. At best he'll have a 1,700 Rushing Yard season.
Oh my God, that would suck! LJ would be a huge bust then!!!

I'm bored, so I guess i'll bite:

1. Roaf will be a much bigger loss for Trent Green than Larry Johnson. LJ had big games when Roaf was out last year, and frankly a dominant left tackle isn't necessary for a great running game (now if Brian Waters was retiring, I would be nervous...).

2. Herm likes to run the ball a lot more than Vermeil and Saunders did, so this won't be an issue. LJ will get his touches, and Solari (the new OC, former Oline coach) is keeping the same offensive scheme.

3. Not sure why the PSU curse is still relevant, LJ's performance last year ended that little theory.

4. Great RBs are going to get their yards no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:03 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's gonna have a hell of a year this season, I would be shocked if he only got 1,200 yards.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:08 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiesSkins2621
Oh my God, that would suck! LJ would be a huge bust then!!!

I'm bored, so I guess i'll bite:

1. Roaf will be a much bigger loss for Trent Green than Larry Johnson. LJ had big games when Roaf was out last year, and frankly a dominant left tackle isn't necessary for a great running game (now if Brian Waters was retiring, I would be nervous...).

2. Herm likes to run the ball a lot more than Vermeil and Saunders did, so this won't be an issue. LJ will get his touches, and Solari (the new OC, former Oline coach) is keeping the same offensive scheme.

3. Not sure why the PSU curse is still relevant, LJ's performance last year ended that little theory.

4. Great RBs are going to get their yards no matter what.
agreed
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:16 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
First of all Larry Johnson isnt a top 5 back, but i do agree with you he wont do all that great. He will have a good season about 1500 yards and 20 TD's.
Yes, he is.

And 1,500 yards and 20 TDs IS great.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think his yards per carry will dip to the 4-ish range, but his carries will go up, so I expect about the same numbers from him.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love people hating on LJ it is just Fuel on the fire you just make him mad and i love when he is mad.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:56 PM    (permalink
D4rk 0ne
Veteran

D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
First of all Larry Johnson isnt a top 5 back, but i do agree with you he wont do all that great. He will have a good season about 1500 yards and 20 TD's.
Yeah those predicted numbers reflect a back who shouldn't be considered in the top 5... :roll:

I am going to say that he runs at least 1700 and up to 1900. With about 20 TDs. Also, even though Herm will run him a lot, the scheme will be different, as will the plays. His average could drop by a noticable amount, which could effect his overall numbers. I'm not saying it will though...
Old 08-11-2006, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmmm

I think LJ is a better back than Priest, but his O-line isn't as good [age + Richardson's departure]. I expect the same this year as Priest's best year [2002]. 1600 yds, 20 TD's.

PS - He IS better than Priest, don't even try to argue that. That O-line made Priest look a little better than he actually was. He was still good, but not top 5 material. LJ is without a doubt a top 5 RB. Cheers.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:27 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rk 0ne
Quote:
Yeah those predicted numbers reflect a back who shouldn't be considered in the top 5... :roll:

I am going to say that he runs at least 1700 and up to 1900. With about 20 TDs. Also, even though Herm will run him a lot, the scheme will be different, as will the plays. His average could drop by a noticable amount, which could effect his overall numbers. I'm not saying it will though...
The scheme and plays aren't changing. Edwards retained most of the offensive staff, and promoted their previous offensive coach to offensive coordinator.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 01:18 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
I love people hating on LJ it is just Fuel on the fire you just make him mad and i love when he is mad.
I agree hell come out and kill!

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think your first 2 points are valid (especially with Roaf retiring), but your last 2 points are not (they do have a pretty good passing game that defenses can't ignore, and he proved he had talent at Penn State when he rushed for over 2000 yards when they were bad).

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

You want is kinda crazy LJ's last year playing high school football he rushed for over 2000 yards and his last year in college he rushed for over 2000 yards it would be pretty cool to do it in the NFL to. That being said even i don't think he will not with out Roaf and T-Rich but the loss of Roaf is going to hurt Green way more then LJ.