Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:57 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
If there was an F on this poll, I'd vote for it. This is a joke.
a tad harsh
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:10 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dont know why people are b*tchin - we voted for this team

probably give my 9ers a run for a while before our high powered offense slips away in the 4th

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Eh, Harrison is on the slippery slope to his career's end. His production has steadly declined over the past four seasons.
Because of The rise of Reggie Wayne,he still has deceptive speed and runs AMAZING routes.
I forgot to add in that Harrison and Holt are undoubtly the best route runners in the entire league.
Derrick Mason would have something to say about that. They're definitely among the elite though.
Yeah I know,Mason wont put up any numbers in a Ravens offense though so he will always be underated.Though he did lead the league in receptions just one year ago.
Just a small correction, Mason only lead WRs in receptions, not the entire league. Tony Gonzalez had 6 more receptions that year (102 to 96).
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86
Quote:
a tad harsh
You discluded Bob Sanders (2005 AP All-Pro at FS, 2005 AFC Pro Bowl starter at FS) from the poll for best FS, and you don't have a single player from either of the teams with the most wins in the last 2 seasons (Colts, Steelers) on the ALL NFLDC team. How does either of those things happen?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:55 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
a tad harsh
You discluded Bob Sanders (2005 AP All-Pro at FS, 2005 AFC Pro Bowl starter at FS) from the poll for best FS, and you don't have a single player from either of the teams with the most wins in the last 2 seasons (Colts, Steelers) on the ALL NFLDC team. How does either of those things happen?
heres an idea....u ready....ask everyone who voted?
Old 08-11-2006, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no way that Bob Sanders would've stood a chance, so it's not that big of a deal.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
a tad harsh
Well, I wasn't really criticizing you for the voters, however, I do think you let personal bias get in the way of putting a far more worthy option than those available on the FS poll. The presentation wasn't bad, but no matter how you present horse manure (which is what this team is), it'll still look and smell like horse manure.

Quote:
There is no way that Bob Sanders would've stood a chance, so it's not that big of a deal.
When players like Greg Wesley, Bryan Scott, and Chris Hope are on the poll, yes it is a big deal.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 08-11-2006, 07:40 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted B. I don't agree with Strahan (he's a LE anyways, why wasn't this discredited as foul play?), as well as Chad Johnson, as I would also have Torry Holt or Steve Smith up there. IMO, Steve Smith and Torry Holt are the two best receivers in the game.

Rackers is an interesting choice. He's a great kicker, but he doesn't have as much cred as Vinateri or even Vanderjerk. I don't necessarily disagree with it, as it does make sense (trivia: Rackers first miss of '05: first FGA vs. the Jags, also the day when ESPN did a Kenny Mayne special on him in their Sunday Countdown )

And you all know what I think about Henderson and Stroud...okay, I'm still gonna say it. Henderson > Stroud and Henderson > all.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:32 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
a tad harsh
Well, I wasn't really criticizing you for the voters, however, I do think you let personal bias get in the way of putting a far more worthy option than those available on the FS poll. The presentation wasn't bad, but no matter how you present horse manure (which is what this team is), it'll still look and smell like horse manure.

Quote:
When players like Greg Wesley, Bryan Scott, and Chris Hope are on the poll, yes it is a big deal.
im english man my exposure too football is minimal, and no bias was involved
Old 08-11-2006, 08:42 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

You spelled 'to', 'too', like also.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
a tad harsh

Quote:
im english man my exposure too football is minimal, and no bias was involved
Well, it's a bit more understandable I guess then. Do you not hear about Pro Bowl or All-Pro rosters over there though? Becuase Sanders made both (only 2 safeties per year make the AP All-Pro roster), and was the starter in the Pro Bowl.

Quote:
Old 08-11-2006, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Touche

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Texico From Mexico

Where can we put an "F"?
Old 08-13-2006, 09:10 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.
Default Re: All NFLDC Team - Check it out and share your views!!

Quote:

WR - Larry Fitzgerald - Arizona Cardinals

A surprise pick, but i guess not a shocking one, he has great ability and a great attitude which is appealing, still young he has a huge career ahead of him. Third too Fitzgerald was Terrell Owens.

Steve Smith over Larry

RE - Michael Strahan - NY Giants

This man has the most sacks out of all acive defensive ends, injured last year, who many doubted would come back strong came back and shut up all the critics having a very strong season. Third too Strahan was Dwight Freeney.

Jason Taylor over Mike

DT - Shaun Rogers - Detroit Lions

A Huge force who is consistently a disruption in the trenches is a very physical DT who can et too the QB and stop the run like it was second nature. Third too Rogers was John Henderson

John Henderson or Shaun

CB - Deangelo Hall - Atlanta Falcons

A freakishly athletic CB Hall blew away alot of people last year with his stellar prformances establishing himself as one of the best CB's in the league. Fourth too Hall was Chris McCallistar.

McAlister or O'Neal over Hall
there my changes
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:13 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope you aren't talking about Deltha O'Neal. :?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
I hope you aren't talking about Deltha O'Neal. :?
I would hope not, Deltha O'Neal isn't a top 10 corner let alone the 2nd best.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:30 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like that Randy Thomas is not the back up RG.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would just switch Strahan to LE and Peppers to RE. I think that would both better utlize their talents. I don't think either was voted specifically to each spot and were just the two top DE vote getters.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:37 PM    (permalink

If you ask me the fact that Steve Smith is absent is pretty rediculous.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroney39
lmao thats sad. The guy is good but im not calling him a great yet. Greats stay healthy, and greats continue to produce. Ill stay tuned for him to do that. Since he hasnt yet.
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 11:33 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123
Quote:
Originally Posted by maroney39
lmao thats sad. The guy is good but im not calling him a great yet. Greats stay healthy, and greats continue to produce. Ill stay tuned for him to do that. Since he hasnt yet.

You cant discount what he did last year. And the year before he got hurt he was also productive. He was far and away the best in the league last year so I dont see why he isnt an all pro.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:56 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't this team at all. 8)

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote