Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-11-2006, 01:56 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
blah. buy one next year when they're actually moderately reasonably priced.

anything over $200 for a system with a serious lack of worthwhile games is an utter joke, and the only thing worse is the number of 13-17 year olds who convinced their parents to spend $800 to buy one as soon as it came out.
:? I spent $400.
that's still far too much for something that my three year old computer out-performs.
For the hours upon hours of entertainment most people get from a 360, I think $400 is worth it.
i'd agree if we all knew it wouldn't be half that in 8 months when there are actually some worthwhile games out.

i've just never seen the point in getting one immediately. the cost:fun ratio is just abysmal this early in release.
But is the extra $200 not worth a year of entertainment? I personally don't have a gaming system, but If I did, I'd get it as soon as possible at regular price. I'm thinking of getting a PS3 when it comes out. I kinda miss video games. Especially madden. I think playing other people on-line would be endless fun.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:29 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

anything over $200 for a system with a serious lack of worthwhile games is an utter joke, and the only thing worse is the number of 13-17 year olds who convinced their parents to spend $800 to buy one as soon as it came out.
that's still far too much for something that my three year old computer out-performs.
For the hours upon hours of entertainment most people get from a 360, I think $400 is worth it.
i'd agree if we all knew it wouldn't be half that in 8 months when there are actually some worthwhile games out.

i've just never seen the point in getting one immediately. the cost:fun ratio is just abysmal this early in release.
But is the extra $200 not worth a year of entertainment? I personally don't have a gaming system, but If I did, I'd get it as soon as possible at regular price. I'm thinking of getting a PS3 when it comes out. I kinda miss video games. Especially madden. I think playing other people on-line would be endless fun.
in your situation it may be worth it. given that i have an original xbox, i have zero motivation to buy the new system, since i've already got something that will play most of the new releases (the worthwhile ones at least) for the next year. for me, the $200 i spent 2 years ago was well worth it. the $200 i spend next year will be far more worth it to me than the extra $200 i would spend now for virtually no added functionality.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 12:36 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIG
I had the 360. Its a nice system. Few good games. Nice features. Great Online. But the only thing i caught myself doing with it. Was tripping on the Visualizers and playing music thru the ipod. NCAA and MADDEN 06 are the same exact game, and both are god awful. And i expect Madden 07 for the 360 to be the same as NCAA except pros with new options and add ons. It is not worth the 500 dollars you will drop if you go out and get the system. You will regret it once you realize nothing good is out. a few good titles are soon going to be released. But with the Industry these days. I could guarantee 75% of them will get delayed. so you will have to struggle with boring stuff. I myself intend on using the money i got for selling my 360 towards purchasing the Wii, which i know will not be on the level of 360 or PS3 but the fun factor will the be through the roof. be smart. Save your money. and if you do decide to get the 360. and you want a game other than football. the only game i could tell you to get is Elder Scrolls. Good luck on your purchase.
Madden and NCAA were the first builds on the 360. Thats why they were sort of generic. Madden 07 is a completely different game since they had a year to add on to the 06 build. Everything has changed. Iit has all the features of the current gen madden and more. So if you plan on playing madden the best one will be on 360. plus if you seen any of the videos and screenshots for it you know the graphics are sick.

PS screw spending 600 dollars on a PS3. Ill play my 360 for 2 years than get that when its 300-400 dollars.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:04 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Ill play my 360 for 2 years than get that when its 300-400 dollars.
yeah thats sounds like the winner right there.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:13 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm calling BS right there.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:34 PM    (permalink
raiderfan_89
Pro Bowler

raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.

Get it!Fightnight is the best fighting game in a longtime.NCAA kills and Madden '07 will be unforggetable.Can't wait for Halo 3 to come out.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:07 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm calling BS right there.
if you can find me a game on 360 that takes advantage of even 12% of the available resources on the set, i'll concede. i don't buy that the games are taking anywhere near full advantage of the system yet.

again, in a year, they probably will.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:44 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
if you can find me a game on 360 that takes advantage of even 12% of the available resources on the set, i'll concede. i don't buy that the games are taking anywhere near full advantage of the system yet.

That isn't what you said...

But either way, I bet Oblivion looks better on the 360 than it would on your computer, just to name one game I know is on both for now.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:45 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

wait till november and use your money for something better
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:53 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:

But either way, I bet Oblivion looks better on the 360 than it would on your computer, just to name one game I know is on both for now.
"$400 for something my 3 year old computer out-performs" ? meh, semantics.

I'll accept Oblivion as a valid answer.

otoh, if i put $400 into my computer currently, it would still out-perform the 360. valid counterpoint is, of course, that the 360 is probably much less glitch prone.

do you have an HDTV?
Old 08-14-2006, 09:54 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

"$400 for something my 3 year old computer out-performs" ? meh, semantics.

I'll accept Oblivion as a valid answer.

otoh, if i put $400 into my computer currently, it would still out-perform the 360. valid counterpoint is, of course, that the 360 is probably much less glitch prone.

do you have an HDTV?
i have a HD LCD Monitor
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:14 PM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i just got a 360 today but i just stared at it for a couple hours cause i dont have any games yet
Old 08-14-2006, 11:35 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetvilma51
i just got a 360 today but i just stared at it for a couple hours cause i dont have any games yet
Download some demos from the marketplace.