Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Matt Cassel

I think USC should start to consider themselves as Quarterback University instead of Tailback University. Cassel is a star waiting to shine.

...someone tell Jerry Jones to get on the phone.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:32 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

hes looking good / also DJ SHOCKLEY look good in the Falcons /Patriot game
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:32 PM    (permalink

why didnt he transfer he had to know he wasnt gonna play at USC.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:37 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroney39
why didnt he transfer he had to know he wasnt gonna play at USC.

:) :D :P - so ture
Old 08-14-2006, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So New England could pull another player out of their ass and win three of four this time.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:54 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He was looking good he could be a futre Tom Brady.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
I didn't think so. He brought the team into field goal range, but he was 4 for 10 against a 3rd string defense. Not that great IMO.

Cassel impressed me a bit. Nothing really amazing IMO. I think he could be good in a bit with some more coaching. The next Tom Brady? Could be...

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Handel
Veteran

Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.

Actually, Pats fans are a bit disappointed by Matt's performance.
Handel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:55 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yes..against Falcons but last year he ripped preseason games and did very well in season final game when he got his chance to playm ore than 3 Qs
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:59 AM    (permalink
EHobbs27
Veteran

EHobbs27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm not all that disapointed with Matt's performance. He struggled early on, but I thought he finished well.

Cassel reminds me a lot of Brady. I think Brady is a better pocket passer, but Cassel can scramble a bit better then Brady. They do look alike and they are both 6'4. Interesting. 8)
Old 08-15-2006, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Material Issues

i like cassel a lot but i don't think he'll ever be aa star in the way Brady has become one. He could be a similar caliber regular season QB but i just can't see him developing that cerebral cool that has turned Brady into a playoff gold mine.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Handel
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHobbs27
I'm not all that disapointed with Matt's performance. He struggled early on, but I thought he finished well.
I said "a bit".
Old 08-15-2006, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Handel
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6
yes..against Falcons but last year he ripped preseason games and did very well in season final game when he got his chance to playm ore than 3 Qs
I refered to Atlanta game.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:08 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I saw of Cassell last year in the game against Buffalo he really impressed me. He seemed cool in the pocket and had good amount of zip to his pass.

I didn't get to catch the game against ATL but if he performed poorly I would chalk that up to playing with the 2nd or 3rd string O-line and having the same string WR's. It was also a preseason game so I don't judge much by it.

I think with a little more coaching and a few more reps that he could turn into a legitimate QB. I'm not sure if his future lies with NE, though. When his contract ends, I think he will generate a little buzz around him. Any team that is in need of a young QB that has been tutored by one of the best in the game (Tom Brady) and by a good coaching staff will try and land him.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:26 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i dunno. cassel feels to me like a billy volek (not necessarily with any regards to style or ability in a specific phase of the game), in that i think he'll be a very good back-up in the league, but just never quite more than a stop gap starter.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Mortensen said about a week ago that Cassell is much more physically gifted than Brady and at this point in his career more talented than Brady was at the same point in his career.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:46 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I've always liked Shockey,he'll be a good QB for some team,some day.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
Quote:
D.J. Shockley = Quincy Carter

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:02 PM    (permalink

Has anyone ever seen Matt Cassel and Tom Brady at the same time?
Old 08-15-2006, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Career back-up? Perhaps. I'd still take Schaub over him...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:19 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Quote:
Quote:
That comparison was way overhyped at Georgia,D.J. is more menatally tough than Carter "was".Plus he isn't a drug addict.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:11 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Quote:
Quote:
That comparison was way overhyped at Georgia,D.J. is more menatally tough than Carter "was".Plus he isn't a drug addict.
yes yes yes

also he throw 3 perfect passes to that fat te and he drop them all

but did you see that realy nice fake run play
Old 08-16-2006, 03:19 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

shockley should just come to the cfl for us canadians to get excited...ricky got hurt :(

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:20 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy
shockley should just come to the cfl for us canadians to get excited...ricky got hurt :(
i bet he start
Old 08-16-2006, 12:26 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy
i bet he start
Yeah I know he would start.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote