Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:49 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillen
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
why don't we just throw all 32 teams into the poll? And do you seriously want to know my age? i'll tell you if you tell me.
11?
Well if i was 11, i'd be a pretty darn smart 11 year old. Let's just say that it's summer vacation and i'm waiting for college to start. I personally wouldn't be very proud if i was over the age of 20 and on a football forum, no offense.
Right. Because the difference between 18 and 21 is astronimical.

Contrary to a lot of idiots' beliefs, the internet isn't just a place for kids. This message board is a place for intelligent football fans to network, exchange ideas and opinions, and gather information regarding the draft.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The reason I rate the Ravens over the bears is my personal dislike for the Cover 2. I just don't like the front. Theyre a little thin, and while the speed is there, that line is vulnerable to power runners and can get overwhelmed by big physical lines. If you have a dominant LT like Roaf or Jones, you can run off tackle runs at their small DEs all day. Yes, they generate a crazy pass rush, but theyre a little too thin for my liking when talking about rush defense.

I think Baltimore gives you just as much pass rush, couple with much more versatility (which will confuse the heck out of the qb) and better rush defense. They can outpower zone blocking lines, they can hold their ground against powerful olines, and they have the speed around the edge to generate a pass rush...they can do it all. I understand Ngata has some question marks, but he hasn't really shown me anything to make me believe that he is a bust yet. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Im not saying Chicago's dline is bad...I just think theyre not the best. Theyre a little too undersized for my liking.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:52 PM    (permalink
pav

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
why don't we just throw all 32 teams into the poll? And do you seriously want to know my age? i'll tell you if you tell me.
11?
Well if i was 11, i'd be a pretty darn smart 11 year old. Let's just say that it's summer vacation and i'm waiting for college to start. I personally wouldn't be very proud if i was over the age of 20 and on a football forum, no offense.
Why? I am 18 so i'm not speaking from Personal Experiance, but its a place where you can talk about football with people who share the same interests. I mean would you talk to your girlfriend about this stuff? No. Age doesn't really matter IMO
Agreed. But, i would like to think that men over the age of 20 have jobs and responsibilities. Arguing on a football forum is a no no if you are over 20, in my opinion. Heck, even i feel like a loser on here. In retrospect i really regret not getting a summer job.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:53 PM    (permalink
pav

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
11?
Right. Because the difference between 18 and 21 is astronimical.

Contrary to a lot of idiots' beliefs, the internet isn't just a place for kids. This message board is a place for intelligent football fans to network, exchange ideas and opinions, and gather information regarding the draft.
football is just a game. don't get too worked up over it.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
11?
Why? I am 18 so i'm not speaking from Personal Experiance, but its a place where you can talk about football with people who share the same interests. I mean would you talk to your girlfriend about this stuff? No. Age doesn't really matter IMO
Agreed. But, i would like to think that men over the age of 20 have jobs and responsibilities. Arguing on a football forum is a no no if you are over 20, in my opinion. Heck, even i feel like a loser on here. In retrospect i really regret not getting a summer job.
Believe it or not, you can do both.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:54 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
11?
You'd be suprised how many people go on this site at their jobs.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
11?
Lol, I was just about to say that. Alot of us here on the board come on this board during work as a way to cool off from the stress of the work environment and just have something to do while working. Work gets VERY boring,redundant, and stressful sometimes, and I use the forum as a way of keeping myself entertained while working. Don't worry, you'll learn what I'm talking about when you get there.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:57 PM    (permalink
pav

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
11?
Well if you work on a computer.
My brother was a die-hard football fan a few years back. As soon as he reached 20, it was grow up time. Now he works 10 hours a day, and discusses important things such as politics and the economy. Seems kind of dull to me, but i think that is what growing up is.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What the hell? Only two options and one of them is the Vikings?
My thoughts exactly.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have so much down time at work it is rediculous. I would probably go crazy if not for this forum and other sites. It is actually when I am home that I rarely go on. I have better options of things to do then.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So youre saying that once you go into college/graduate, sports become almost irrelevant? It doesnt work that way if you actually care and werent just a casual fan.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
11?
My brother was a die-hard football fan a few years back. As soon as he reached 20, it was grow up time. Now he works 10 hours a day, and discusses important things such as politics and the economy. Seems kind of dull to me, but i think that is what growing up is.
Please, trust me, Ive been there before...and discussing politics is the biggest waste of time. Especially since most of the people who discuss politics really know nothing about it and talk out of their ass half the time, and economy...you think we all think about football all the time? Come on man, obviously we talk and discuss finances as well. Thats not really a great way of letting off steam. Football boards like this is a nice leasure activity to enjoy while your working at your office desk. Im at my desk about 2 hours out of my 10 hour day, and while Im working on paper work, I like checking out what is going on in the football world. Like I said, you'll understand when you get into the work environment.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:01 PM    (permalink
pav

Quote:
So youre saying that once you go into college/graduate, sports become almost irrelevant? It doesnt work that way if you actually care and werent just a casual fan.
I'm saying that once you go to college/graduate from college, sports should take a back seat in your life. You should look forward to a brighter future for yourself, not your team. Sure you could watch the games, but going on forums and getting all worked up over defensive lines? Thats not what i'd call grown up. If you ever listen to Collin Cowherd on ESPN radio, he rips guys like us very often.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
11?
I'm getting my PhD in history. I discuss theory all day long. The last thing I want to do when I come home is deal with it even more. Don't sell out to the corporate model man. Do what you want and enjoy your life. We all die in the end anyway.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:02 PM    (permalink
pav

well, we sure did get off topic quickly. I hate to be some sort of counselor or psycologist. All i know is that if i'm on here when i'm 20, i'm a loser. You can hold me to that. 24 year old person on a message board can be described as... irrelevant. Now i'm sure some of you have great reasons to be on here, and more power to you. But don't you have work and job and wife and kids to take care of. Most people don't have time for this. Damn, i've probably offended a ton of people on here. I am sincerely sorry if i did. I'll shut up now.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
I'm saying that once you go to college/graduate from college, sports should take a back seat in your life. You should look forward to a brighter future for yourself, not your team. Sure you could watch the games, but going on forums and getting all worked up over defensive lines? Thats not what i'd call grown up. If you ever listen to Collin Cowherd on ESPN radio, he rips guys like us very often.
Yet Cowherd is the ultimate person like us. He does that to fire people up and get ratings. Come on now.
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Buddy, didn't you MAKE the thread? What are you talking about? Why ask everyone what they think if youre gonna get so defensive about it? And trust me, when you get into the work place...you'll learn how redundant everything becomes. No one here is putting football before work or themselves. If we did, we wouldn't have jobs. If anyone here is acting like a kid, its you. You are showing your immaturity by talking about things you really have no experience in.
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
No it doesn't. Just cuz you graduate does not mean you can't stop enjoying the things you love. Yeah you pay attention to the economy and all that fun stuff, but you still can talk about sports once you grow up.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a DL that has 3 Pro Bowlers in it's starting lineup, and had a player finish 2nd in DPOY voting last year. My team finished 2nd in scoring defense, due in large part to me. I have not been mentioned on this thread yet. Who am I?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
I am a DL that has 3 Pro Bowlers in it's starting lineup, and had a player finish 2nd in DPOY voting last year. My team finished 2nd in scoring defense, due in large part to me. I have not been mentioned on this thread yet. Who am I?
Sorry...Colts dline is not even top 5...but nice try though
pav

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Buddy, didn't you MAKE the thread? What are you talking about? Why ask everyone what they think if youre gonna get so defensive about it? And trust me, when you get into the work place...you'll learn how redundant everything becomes. No one here is putting football before work or themselves. If we did, we wouldn't have jobs. If anyone here is acting like a kid, its you. You are showing your immaturity by talking about things you really have no experience in.
If you don't like your job, get a different one. You seem like a real productive member of the work force. I'm sure your boss would be thrilled. LOL. Alright man, i really am sorry for offending you. We're cool right?
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
Corey Simon is not even close to Pro Bowl level anymore.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
If you don't like your job, get a different one. You seem like a real productive member of the work force. I'm sure your boss would be thrilled. LOL. Alright man, i really am sorry for offending you. We're cool right?
My boss knows I surf this site all day. Very few people love what they do for a living. If you do, you are very lucky. I enjoy the paycheck and people I work with, but I'm not about to say I love my job. If I could sit on mybutt and do what I want all day and still collect a paycheck I would.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:12 PM    (permalink
pav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
My boss knows I surf this site all day. Very few people love what they do for a living. If you do, you are very lucky. I enjoy the paycheck and people I work with, but I'm not about to say I love my job. If I could sit on mybutt and do what I want all day and still collect a paycheck I would.
1. You have a great boss, you are very lucky.
2. I'm sorry you don't enjoy your work, i hope i will enjoy mine.
3. If you are willing to sit on your butt all day and collect a paycheck, you are a part of the problem not part of the solution. Join welfare
4. I really need to get off this topic because i'm making enemies by the second.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Lol, don't worry about it. We're cool. Im just trying to explain to you how the workplace is. Trust me, when you get there you'll understand. Alot of times, youll want to just relax and unwind. You're not gonna think about finances and work all the time. And trust me...work is work...no matter how much you love it, lol. These type of forums provides a way for some of us to unwind and relax a little while at work. The environment is very stressful, and sometimes you need a break. Oh...and screw my boss, lol. F*ck him, I need a raise, lol. Well, I don't really...but I still want one.