Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-15-2006, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
I am a DL that has 3 Pro Bowlers in it's starting lineup, and had a player finish 2nd in DPOY voting last year. My team finished 2nd in scoring defense, due in large part to me. I have not been mentioned on this thread yet. Who am I?
Nice try, Colts DL is not top 5, not even close
You underrate every player and/or unit on the Colts.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:05 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I am a DL that has 3 Pro Bowlers in it's starting lineup, and had a player finish 2nd in DPOY voting last year. My team finished 2nd in scoring defense, due in large part to me. I have not been mentioned on this thread yet. Who am I?
and i'm sure that your opinion is completely unbiased :roll:
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, he calls pretty much everyone on the team overrated. I don't think a team that scored the 2nd most points and allowed the 2nd fewest in the NFL while playing at full strength in the regular season for only 13 of 16 games can be as bad as he wants to make them out to be. Does that make me a homer?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 08-15-2006, 10:03 PM    (permalink

I skipped over a few pages, any mention of the Atlanta Falcons? I'd swallow my pride and say they're easily top-5 in the league with Kerney and Abraham as the bookends, and the best UT in the league, Rod Coleman.

This is how I'd rank the top 5:

1. Carolina
2. Philadelphia
3. Atlanta
4. Chicago
5. Jacksonville
Old 08-15-2006, 10:04 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, he calls pretty much everyone on the team overrated. I don't think a team that scored the 2nd most points and allowed the 2nd fewest in the NFL while playing at full strength in the regular season for only 13 of 16 games can be as bad as he wants to make them out to be. Does that make me a homer?
When did i call anyone overrated?
Old 08-15-2006, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You're calling the Colts DL overrated now, and you've called Wayne overrated many times in the recent past.

Quote:
Old 08-15-2006, 10:08 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Colts defense HUGELY benefits from the offense. The offense had very little trouble scoring points, and would put opposing teams in huge holes. The front 7 of the Colts are pretty much geared towards pass defense, they aren't great at run stuffing. Their defensive line is good but it only really excells at pass rushing and isn't great against the run. The Colts defense is pretty good, but don't think for a second that it could carry the team like defense has for the Ravens in the past.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:11 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
nope, but i think the fact that you're basically denying that the offense may have helped the defense is a bit homeristic. you don't have to hate your team, but if you're going to call someone out for constantly underrating a team that has failed completely in games that matter... well.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:16 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You're calling the Colts DL overrated now, and you've called Wayne overrated many times in the recent past.
Thats true on wayne, cuz he is. But i never said the Line was overrated. I said they were good, but not top 5 at all
Old 08-15-2006, 10:27 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thats true on wayne, cuz he is. But i never said the Line was overrated. I said they were good, but not top 5 at all
I'm not a Colts fan, but I don't know how you can call Reggie Wayne overrated. It's not like he's considered a top 5 receiver. He's generally considered a top 10 or 15 receiver in the league, and that's exactly what he is.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:30 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My bad on Buckner. Yea, I remember hearing about him being an F/A this season. But still, Carolina has 3 top tier D-Lineman in Peppers, Rucker, and Jenkins.

They're stiil #1 in my book...

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:35 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Panthers. Rams are the best though.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Colts have a good dline for pass defense, its what it is set up for. The offense getts a big lead, and Freeney and co are unleashed. Their run D amounts to: get a 3 TD lead, and the other team won't be able to run much. So when they have a good lead their Dline is great. The problem is, you dont get many 3 td leads in the playoffs.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Colts defense HUGELY benefits from the offense. The offense had very little trouble scoring points, and would put opposing teams in huge holes. The front 7 of the Colts are pretty much geared towards pass defense, they aren't great at run stuffing. Their defensive line is good but it only really excells at pass rushing and isn't great against the run. The Colts defense is pretty good, but don't think for a second that it could carry the team like defense has for the Ravens in the past.
They carried the team when the Colts offense was nonexistant in the first part of the season, but I guess that doesn't count? Just because they're not geared toward run defense doesn't mean they're a bad defense. That's what the scheme calls for.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
nope, but i think the fact that you're basically denying that the offense may have helped the defense is a bit homeristic. you don't have to hate your team, but if you're going to call someone out for constantly underrating a team that has failed completely in games that matter... well.
I'm not denying the fact that the Colts defense gets help from the offense, just the opinion that they get more help from their offense than other defenses do from theirs. As for failing in games that matter, the Colts never seem to have a problem with the Broncos. They wouldn't have had a problem with the Steelers if they hadn't been on a 35 day hiatus prior to the game either.

Quote:
Old 08-15-2006, 10:50 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They carried the team when the Colts offense was nonexistant in the first part of the season, but I guess that doesn't count? Just because they're not geared toward run defense doesn't mean they're a bad defense. That's what the scheme calls for.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not denying that the Colts defense gets help from the offense, just that they get more help from their offense than other defenses do from theirs. As for failing in games that matter, the Colts never seem to have a problem with the Broncos. They wouldn't have had a problem with the Steelers if they hadn't been on a 35 day hiatus prior to the game either.
Peyton played well in the first game, he played badly against Jax, Cle, and SF. Jax was the only good team in that group. During Peytons off games the Edge was carrying the offense along with their awesome offensive line. The Colts special teams could probably carry them against CLE and SF. Both teams were terrible last season, the former losing to the Texans. The Colts defense didn't need to carry the team in those games and did well shutting down untalented offenses. :roll: They carried the team in the Jax game but that's the only real accomplishment, they aren't close to as necessary to win games as the Bears defense is. The Bears defensive line owns the Colts defensive line BTW. If a d line can't stop the run, then it isn't the best. As for the missing time argument, the Eagles starters got almost no playing time in the last two games of the season in 2004, but they made it all the way to the superbowl. If the players can't stay motivated it's their problem, it's not like they aren't practicing.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not denying that the Colts defense gets help from the offense, just that they get more help from their offense than other defenses do from theirs. As for failing in games that matter, the Colts never seem to have a problem with the Broncos. They wouldn't have had a problem with the Steelers if they hadn't been on a 35 day hiatus prior to the game either.
Peyton played well in the first game, he played badly against Jax, Cle, and SF. Jax was the only good team in that group. During Peytons off games the Edge was carrying the offense along with their awesome offensive line. The Colts special teams could probably carry them against CLE and SF. Both teams were terrible last season, the former losing to the Texans. The Colts defense didn't need to carry the team in those games and did well shutting down untalented offenses. :roll: They carried the team in the Jax game but that's the only real accomplishment, they aren't close to as necessary to win games as the Bears defense is. The Bears defensive line owns the Colts defensive line BTW. If a d line can't stop the run, then it isn't the best. As for the missing time argument, the Eagles starters got almost no playing time in the last two games of the season in 2004, but they made it all the way to the superbowl. If the players can't stay motivated it's their problem, it's not like they aren't practicing.
Yeah, James "carried the offense" to a "huge" 7 point lead against Jacksonville. I know Cleveland and SF are not the best of offenses, but it's not like those are the only games the Colts defense was good in either. Take, for example, the Steelers, who had the 9th ranked scoring offense in the NFL, but only scored 7 points against the Colts defense, and that was only due to the defense putting them 7 yards away from the endzone. I never said the Colts DL was the best, I just think it's top 5 and deserves to be mentioned before such lines as Minnesota or Baltimore. As for your argument countering mine, if a team doesn't play a meaningful game in over a month, they're bound to be rusty. In their first 3 drives the Steelers scored 2 TDs. In the rest of the game, they scored 1. You don't find that odd in any way? Maybe that had something to do with not playing a meaningful game in over a month?

Quote:
Old 08-16-2006, 12:25 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1SaintsFan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not a Colts fan, but I don't know how you can call Reggie Wayne overrated. It's not like he's considered a top 5 receiver. He's generally considered a top 10 or 15 receiver in the league, and that's exactly what he is.
I don't consider him that at all. Many people believe he can be a number 1 receiver in the NFl, which i don't buy for a second. The Colts offense is so talented the secondary players Like Him Stokely and Clark seem better than they really are. I would maybe have him at 15, but i just don't really think Reggie Wayne is a true #1 WR, as some people feel.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:39 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Get ready to put the skins on this list soon. Daniels, Griffin, Salve'a and Carter. They are about to have a breakout season..
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1SaintsFan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't consider him that at all. Many people believe he can be a number 1 receiver in the NFl, which i don't buy for a second. The Colts offense is so talented the secondary players Like Him Stokely and Clark seem better than they really are. I would maybe have him at 15, but i just don't really think Reggie Wayne is a true #1 WR, as some people feel.
Hell I had him at 16 in my WR rankings back when the "make your own rankings" thread was up. He's an awesome possession WR, but doesn't have gamebreaking speed. True #1? Maybe not. Could be the #1 option on a few teams? I think so.

Quote:
Old 08-16-2006, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16
The Bucs have one of the most underrated Dlines in the NFL. No wonder you don't know about them...

Sure Rice is the only one you know, and he deserves it. Rice routinely puts up 10+ sacks a year, when most teams know he is our best D lineman. The fact is Rice has 10 less career sacks than Strahan, and Strahan has played 3 more years, and he had 22 in one year. Strahan has had 7 seasons with 10 or les sacks, and Rice has one while playing with ARIZONA and us. So Rice is better than Strahan.

Our DTs have the potential to be very good. Chris Hovan played really well for, when he was though to be "washed up". Our future NT, Anthony Bryant, is a 335 pound force who will, IMO, produce similar to Warren sapp in his prime in 2 years.

Our other DE rotation is also very good. Greg Spires is Mr. Underrated, he really plays the run well and also provides with with a decent pass rush. Our other DE, Dewayne, is another young player on our DL who will break out as soon as he gets the chance to play every day.

Call me a homer, I really don't care, but I believe that the Bucs DL is Top 5 material, and will be Top 3 Material in 2 years
As a fellow Bucs fan I gotta disagree with the the top 5 ranking. Rice is the only superstar on the line. I agree that Spires is solid and underrated, but he doesn't create much of a pass rush. Hovan was a nice suprise and really helps vs. the run, but gets no pressure on the QB. Booger has never lived up to his draft status or is paycheck. I like White as a potential replacement for Spires next year.

I think they are probably a top 10 d-line, and really stepped up the run D last year, but other than Rice there is no consistent pass rush from the d-line.

I gotta go with the Bears with the best d-line, Jags probably 2nd.

To touch on the other topic going on in this thread:

I love my job, I'm driven to do my job and do it well. I guess that makes me one of the lucky ones. However, the best part about my job is it helps me provide for my family. And if the job I had now didn't allow me to do that, despite the fact that I love it, I would find a different job. That's the priority in life, that is the "center of the universe". Still that doesn't mean you don't get to enjoy other things in life. For example I was able to look at this assinine poll tonight and get a good laugh out of it.

Pav - you are making me laugh, and I remember being like you. Nothing wrong with that at all, it is part of being young.
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:02 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
Bears
Ravens
Eagles
Falcons
Buccs
Colts
Seahawks
Jags

TEAMS OVER VIKINGS
That's just plain ridiculous Jags and Bears might be close, other than but other than that, you are dillusional. And i'm considered the insane one on here. You must have a grudge agianst the Vikings. I don't even know who the Seahawks or Buccs have playing on there lines other than simeon rice. Call me arrogant, but if i've never heard of them, they are irrelevant. Falcons, John Abraham and Kerney are great, but who is stuffing the run? Yeah falcons have a horrible run defense, but somehow you manage to rate their line over that of the vikings. Jags, two great runstuffers who get into the backfield, but their ends aren't exactly household names. The Giants have a better line than The buccs, Hawks, Eagles, and Falcons, but you somehow forgot to mention them. And don't say that i'm a Giants homer, because if i'm not mistaken the 3 DE in the Probowl from the NFC were Peppers, Osi and Strahan. The Ravens have Suggs and an unproven Haloti on the team and you are putting them ahead of Pat and Kevin Williams, Udeze, and James. I tried to find the most well rounded NFL defensive Line in the league and this is what i got. Let's be reasonable people. If i am starting a team and i had to pick a Defensive Unit to play for me, It is Udeze and James, pure young passrushers, Pat Williams a veteran NT who not only stuffs the run, but gets into the backfeild, and Kevin Williams, another young DT who routinely disrupts plays in the backfeild and made it to the probowl at a very young age. Give me a break people. I agree, i should have put the bears in, don't give me buccs or ravens or jags or colts or anybody else.
that proves you have no football knowledge...

did you forget who lead in sacks in the nfl?

Grant Wistrom
Marcus Tubbs
Rocky Bernard
Bryce Fisher

buccs

Rice
White
Spires
McFarland
Hovan

jags

there end had more sacks then the whole vikings dline

gaints

no i just forgot to list them simple they should be on the list

ravens

Pryce
Suggs
Nagta
Green
Thomas
Gregg

you have to remember the ravens run a diffrent defence 4-6

the player above had a total of 25 sacks last year

panthers

not to take anything away from them cause they got a nice line but there starter have total of 19 sacks last year

See? This is why Pro Bowl voting is so screwed up. People like you see names that you recognize and assume that he's better than somebody you don't know. Oh yeah, and those pure pass rushers you love so much on the Vikings? They combined for five sacks.

Meanwhile, Seattle led the league in sacks, and Jacksonville led the league in sacks per pass attempt. But you don't know their defensive linemen, so they must not be good.

The Seahawks DL is better than the Vikings. We led the league in sacks last year. That doesn't make us the best but we are still one hell of a line.
Rocky Bernard is a quick DL who penetrates well. Marcus Tubbs when healthy is a beast. Winstrom may be getting older but has gas in tha tank. Bryce Fischer may be the weakest of them all, and he had a great season last year, he had one of the highest sack totals on our team. James and Udeze are unproven. Pat Williams is on the downfall. Kevin Williams is good, but i'd take Bernard over him
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:56 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm not denying the fact that the Colts defense gets help from the offense, just the opinion that they get more help from their offense than other defenses do from theirs. As for failing in games that matter, the Colts never seem to have a problem with the Broncos. They wouldn't have had a problem with the Steelers if they hadn't been on a 35 day hiatus prior to the game either.
excuses and a shot at the donkeys... boy, i'm convinced. :roll:

and come on. do you really believe that having one of the best offenses in the HISTORY of the nfl isn't a bigger advantage for the colts than having the third worst offense in the nfl in chicago? are you serious?
Old 08-16-2006, 07:46 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

how about seattle or miami , the two teams that lead the NFL in sacks last year for 1 and 2?
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:

and come on. do you really believe that having one of the best offenses in the HISTORY of the nfl isn't a bigger advantage for the colts than having the third worst offense in the nfl in chicago? are you serious?
I don't recall saying that the Colts defense is better than the Bears defense, and I'd like you to show me where I did. Since when is a combination of logic and facts "excuses"? Fact: The Steelers scored 14 of their 21 points on their first 3 drives. Fact: The Colts outscored the Steelers 18-7 after the first quarter, and 15-0 in the 4th quarter. Fact: The Colts had shut down this same offense earlier in the season. All of that corrolates with my conclusion that the 35 day hiatus had a great deal to do with the Colts not winning the game.

Quote:
Old 08-16-2006, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't recall saying that the Colts defense is better than the Bears defense, and I'd like you to show me where I did. Since when is a combination of logic and facts "excuses"? Fact: The Steelers scored 14 of their 21 points on their first 3 drives. Fact: The Colts outscored the Steelers 18-7 after the first quarter, and 15-0 in the 4th quarter. Fact: The Colts had shut down this same offense earlier in the season. All of that corrolates with my conclusion that the 35 day hiatus had a great deal to do with the Colts not winning the game.
That and the Colts don't play exceptionally well coming from behind. That is how you beat the Colts. Get up by 10 early. Then you run the ball right down their throat and you can eat up huge chunks of time of possesion because no one can stop the run on that team. Brings me back to Freeney. They Steelers ran right at him that whole game and it worked.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote