Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is he an above average QB? No. Because I can easily think of 15 other Quarterbacks I would rather have.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Material Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Is he an above average QB? No. Because I can easily think of 15 other Quarterbacks I would rather have.
Really? I thought that after this rookie season he was already an above average NFL QB. Now you've just ruined my day.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:53 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yo material issues, you're getting way to defensive about everything... we haven't really seen him as a true NFL starter so no one can really know if he's good or bad... we saw a bit of him last year (with no weapons) and he was a rookie... this year is the test whether he's a above average qb or not...
Old 08-17-2006, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Material Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres
yo material issues, you're getting way to defensive about everything... we haven't really seen him as a true NFL starter so no one can really know if he's good or bad... we saw a bit of him last year (with no weapons) and he was a rookie... this year is the test whether he's a above average qb or not...
I definately agree it''s just that comments like the one above irritate me as they are as unwarranted as would be the comment "He's going to be a for sure Hall of Famer."
Old 08-17-2006, 10:58 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He should have a good year depending if all of his stay healthy like Winslow.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:13 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Material Issues
Quote:
I definately agree it''s just that comments like the one above irritate me as they are as unwarranted as would be the comment "He's going to be a for sure Hall of Famer."
yeh... a thread should be started about Frye a few weeks in, then we can actually have a "smart" conversation about him.... right now everything is up in the air...
Old 08-17-2006, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Material Issues

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
yeh... a thread should be started about Frye a few weeks in, then we can actually have a "smart" conversation about him.... right now everything is up in the air...
yeah now all we have are his tools and 2006 poise to judge him on.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:46 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Really? I thought that after this rookie season he was already an above average NFL QB. Now you've just ruined my day.

I wasn't basing my conclusion off just his rookie season.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:29 AM    (permalink
HokiesSkins2621
Rookie

HokiesSkins2621 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
Give him time and surround him with talent and he'll be a good one. Might make a pro bowl or two kinda like Jake Delhomme or Marc Bulger except potentially better.

He certainly has all the intangeables

Kellen Winslow/Tight End
Braylon Edwards/Wide Reciever
Rueben Droughns/Halfback
Joe Jurivicious/Wide Reciever

That is enough weapons :D

Washington Redskins Mock Draft:
Round 1: Micheal Oher/OT/Ole Miss
Round 3: Paul Kruger/DE/Utah
Round 5: Marcus Freeman/LB/Ohio State
Round 6: Graham Gano/K/Florida State
Round 7: Maurice Miller/OG/Ole Miss
Snyder, get me Gano!
HokiesSkins2621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:11 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

i feel bad for him though, because he doesn't have a good line in front of him... namely the center position...
Old 08-18-2006, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84
I think Alex Smith is gonna be a major bust considering he's one a team thats not going any where, any time soon.
and like the Raiders are going any where with Aaron Brooks,
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:11 PM    (permalink

Not throwing passes into tripple coverage to Northcutt like that.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i feel bad for him though, because he doesn't have a good line in front of him... namely the center position...
Just for this year though.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D
Quote:
Just for this year though.
Yeah, Center will be fine next year. I think the line could play well, they have potential to be good IMO.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 09:57 AM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
up and comers like Ben, Eli, and soon to be Cutler, Leinart and Quinn who will pretty much make up the top tier of qbs of the future.
Ben and Eli I can understand but your throwing 2 rookies and a kid that hasnt even been drafted yet into that category? ? ?
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote