Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 06-28-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

nbarnett56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yi it is! Although I would have liked Brandon Wright, Yi will give the Bucks some international attention and a player who can come an and play right away.
nbarnett56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
jbooshey
Rookie

jbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Terrible pick...with this pick we get a guy that doesn't want to be in Milwaukee, a guy that needs to get A LOT stronger before he can play in the post, a guy that can't defend or rebound which is what we need, a guy that will mess with chemistry with the pressures to play him when he won't be ready right away, a guy that averaged 1.3 blocks in a garbage league with no other legit big men, a guy that GM Harris was unable to watch personally, a guy that brings total BAGGAGE with the whole government officials thing, a guy that will likely opt out of a his rookie contract after we develop him into his prime so he can go help some other team...what a stupid stupid pick...the Bucks blow it again and take a step backwards somehow with the 6th overall pick...it really steams me when there were other prospects that would have helped instantly and been glad to do it...we had other BETTER options (Brewer, B. Wright, J. Wright, among others). I HATE this pick with a passion...the Bucks need to either trade Yi within the next couple days or keep him and sign Gerald Wallace to salvage the off season...Yi will be our own little Eli Manning...except worse because we might actually keep him!
jbooshey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:37 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Following the lottery Yi was the individual that I hoped the Bucks were going to take and they went ahead and did so. This was a terrific pick b/c Yi can step in and play right away. He does bring some baggage but he'll be an instant All-Star due to the 1.3 billion peopel in China and it will help the Bucks business side of basketball. I imagine Charlie V will be moved to the 3, and if we can hold on to Mo, the Bucks should be a playoff team in '07-'08.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:23 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

rumor is that Yi's agent is going to ask for him to be traded today cause they are not happy with him being in milwaukee. so what could we get for Yi if we were to trade for him?? hypothetically
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:30 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
rumor is that Yi's agent is going to ask for him to be traded today cause they are not happy with him being in milwaukee. so what could we get for Yi if we were to trade for him?? hypothetically
Yi Jianlian claims he will not be another Gary Sheffield or Javon Walker.

Though Yi's camp refused to let the Bucks watch Yi workout last week, Yi said in an interview Thursday night that he planned to play for the Bucks this season.

"I'm not really familiar with the city, but I'm happy to play with the team and I'm happy to play in the NBA," Yi said.

"I don't know much about the team...in China we didn't see a lot of games. I've never been therre, it's kind of a new city for me."

What else can Yi say? He has two options. He can play on a front line with Andrew Bogut and Charlie Villanueva next season, or he can go back and play in China.

While I'm sure the Guangdong Tigers would love to have him back, I'm guessing that the Bucks will be able to offer a slightly larger signing bonus.

He'll be a Buck and he'll like it.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:34 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i hope he plays because he reminds of a chinese version of Dirk. who we traded away. Lets just hope we do whatever it takes to keep him. but there still is a chance that he will ask for a trade. i just hope we dont follow though with it.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:11 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
i hope he plays because he reminds of a chinese version of Dirk. who we traded away. Lets just hope we do whatever it takes to keep him. but there still is a chance that he will ask for a trade. i just hope we dont follow though with it.
But you also have to remember that European players back then were unknowns. It looked like the right move at the time to trade Dirk.

I don't think we'll trade him. From what I read on JSonline and CBSsportsline is that Yi said he will play for the bucks and is happy to be in the NBA. All this talk of playing in a big market seems to be coming from his handlers.

I'm actually pretty excited for the season now and I'm glad that Conley was taken by Memphis. I didn't want him plus it should better our chances of Mo returning.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i think if we get Mo or Billups we will have a very good chance to make the playoffs. cause we need help at our guard position
Old 06-29-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
i think if we get Mo or Billups we will have a very good chance to make the playoffs. cause we need help at our guard position
Pretty much everyone that needed a guard filled it in the draft. I'd rather keep Mo because he is younger and starting to enter his prime whereas Billups is getting older and is he a product of Detroits system?
Old 06-29-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

he could be a product, but still he has talent, and personally i would rather keep Mo. but if leaves we should go after billups also i like the SF from the bobcats Wallace.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
he could be a product, but still he has talent, and personally i would rather keep Mo. but if leaves we should go after billups also i like the SF from the bobcats Wallace.
I agree with that. Though I think Mo has to be priority number one. This has been a really frantic 2 days now with all this Yi talk. Trade rumors are flying left and right....
Old 06-29-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to ESPN Yi has yet to report to Milwaukee and his camp is seeking a trade.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
According to ESPN Yi has yet to report to Milwaukee and his camp is seeking a trade.
Great pick!

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

great article by the AP

http://greenbaypressgazette.com/apps.../70629182/1225

Old 07-01-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Its all assumptions about this trade talk IMO. Yi didn't come to Milwaukee because he's playing the Chinease basketball team.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, this surprised me. http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sports...ion22314=90381

8) Who will win Rookie of the Year?

43.6%Kevin Durant
16.5%Yi Jianlian
15.2%Greg Oden
5.1%Mike Conley Jr.
4.4%Corey Brewer
3.8%Al Horford
3.2%Other
2.8%Joakim Noah
1.8%Brandan Wright
1.5%Jeff Green
1.4%Al Thornton
0.9%Nick Young
Old 07-03-2007, 02:37 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Wow, this surprised me. http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sports...ion22314=90381

8) Who will win Rookie of the Year?

43.6%Kevin Durant
16.5%Yi Jianlian
15.2%Greg Oden
5.1%Mike Conley Jr.
4.4%Corey Brewer
3.8%Al Horford
3.2%Other
2.8%Joakim Noah
1.8%Brandan Wright
1.5%Jeff Green
1.4%Al Thornton
0.9%Nick Young
i say Joakim Noah ;)

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well this certainly is an interesting situation the Bucks have gotten themselves into. There are rumors that, if Yi absolutely refuses to give Milwaukee a chance, he may be traded to Golden State for Brandon Wright and several other players. We'll see......

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
Well this certainly is an interesting situation the Bucks have gotten themselves into. There are rumors that, if Yi absolutely refuses to give Milwaukee a chance, he may be traded to Golden State for Brandon Wright and several other players. We'll see......
I doubt we trade him. I hope that we don't. Larry Harris drafted him, now he better stick with him. He was well aware of the situation coming into the draft. If we need to play a little hardball to get him to come to Milwaukee, then do it. We have the power in this relationship. The only other option he has is to stay in China for ever.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think it was dumb for Milwaukee to draft him in the first place. They knew he doesn't want to play there. It'd be like if San Diego drafted Eli and kept him.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_VIlma View Post
I think it was dumb for Milwaukee to draft him in the first place. They knew he doesn't want to play there. It'd be like if San Diego drafted Eli and kept him.
If a player is drafted by a team he MUST go to that team. Players whining about where they want to go is B.S. Plus, it was a brilliant move by Larry Harris both from a team and economic standpoint so you can blame the guy for making the pick regardless of what the player felt.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

This really sucks wtih all this B.S. thats surrounding him. From what I gather is that it seems like its his agents and the Chinease government trying to position him in a larger market. I honestly don't believe that its Yi's decision. Hopefully he remains a Buck but I'm getting tired off all this 'Yi doesn't want to be in Milwaukee' rants that are going on around the net/TV.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarnett56 View Post
This really sucks wtih all this B.S. thats surrounding him. From what I gather is that it seems like its his agents and the Chinease government trying to position him in a larger market. I honestly don't believe that its Yi's decision. Hopefully he remains a Buck but I'm getting tired off all this 'Yi doesn't want to be in Milwaukee' rants that are going on around the net/TV.
Yeah, I don't think it's really his call.. I think he just wants to play BBall and his agents are just worried about making him this ultra-superstar.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Yi finally meeting with the Bucks. http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch.../2007&id=26024
Old 07-06-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Awesome! Hopefully Yi himself will make the decision to come to Milwaukee.