Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-18-2006, 06:36 PM    (permalink
snobdmat
Veteran

snobdmat hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroney39
why didnt he transfer he had to know he wasnt gonna play at USC.
actually he would have started when palmer left if it were not for leinart transfering into usc taking the starting job away from cassel. so yes he could have transfered when learning that leinart took the job away from him, but he decided to stay i guess for what reason i dont know.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:40 PM    (permalink

The guys a stud, Whenever i watch him play, i'm just stunned he was a backup all throughout college.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:55 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfan33
The guys a stud, Whenever i watch him play, i'm just stunned he was a backup all throughout college.

I too can't believe he didn't transfer.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 06:59 PM    (permalink
snobdmat
Veteran

snobdmat hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

but why transfer when ur backing up the best qb in the ncaa for 4 years and receiving a top notch education which u can always fall back on

my personal belief....that he didnt plan on entering the nfl but got an agent just incase and was lucky enough to be drafted by the pats
Old 08-18-2006, 07:08 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobdmat
but why transfer when ur backing up the best qb in the ncaa for 4 years and receiving a top notch education which u can always fall back on

my personal belief....that he didnt plan on entering the nfl but got an agent just incase and was lucky enough to be drafted by the pats
And he had the whole Baseball thing going as well.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:37 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it was pre season but, he was spectacular tonight. He's actually a lot more elusive than I thought he was. He needs to get off of the Pats.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:49 PM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

tylaw24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Yeah, it was pre season but, he was spectacular tonight. He's actually a lot more elusive than I thought he was. He needs to get off of the Pats.
Then who would back up Tom Brady? The last young Qb to back him up was Rohan Davey, and he was less than spectacular. Cassel signed a 4 year contract in 2005, and he'll probably just play it out with the team that took a chance on him in the later rounds of the draft. Anything can happen between now and then, and i don't want to jinx it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynFNxQ3b5-U
thx ^sig by cardsalltheway^
Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
the 08 Raiders will be without a doubt the best SB team ever.
tylaw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 01:01 PM    (permalink
LookItsAlDavis
Veteran

LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroney39
why didnt he transfer he had to know he wasnt gonna play at USC.
He was a good baseball player there.
LookItsAlDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Yeah, I was much more impressed with him against Arizona. He looked good.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:52 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Rex doesn' pan out in Chicago, which I still think he's our QB for the future, but if he doesn't, I wouldn't mind the Bears trying to pick up Cassel. He's looked very good both last year and this year in the preseason and IMO he's going to be a darn good starting QB when he gets his shot.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:10 PM    (permalink
raiderfan_89
Pro Bowler

raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.
Default Re: Matt Cassel

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
I think USC should start to consider themselves as Quarterback University instead of Tailback University. Cassel is a star waiting to shine.

...someone tell Jerry Jones to get on the phone.
ur dreamin Bellichik ins't letting this kid go unless you give them something worth while plus your future is in the great Tony Romo.hahaha
Old 08-20-2006, 04:46 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan_89
Quote:
I think USC should start to consider themselves as Quarterback University instead of Tailback University. Cassel is a star waiting to shine.

ur dreamin Bellichik ins't letting this kid go unless you give them something worth while plus your future is in the great Tony Romo.hahaha
Drew Henson Part II
Old 08-20-2006, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain
Quote:
Quote:

Drew Henson Part II
Oh yeah, they're exactly alike. :roll:

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 05:31 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People are going overboard. I really like what Cassell is done, but he's not a starting QB just yet.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:49 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain
Quote:
Quote:

Drew Henson Part II
Oh yeah, they're exactly alike. :roll:
I wasn't saying that as atheletes they were similar, i was saying that there careers would follow similar paths if cassel became a comboy.

If the Cowboys traded for Matt Cassel.. i would laugh for sooo long. Seriously so the guys done good in a couple of pre-season and played the tail end of some meaningless game last year and he's ready to start somewhere? Please, i hope the cowboys throw some picks at the patriots for this guy.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:38 AM    (permalink
briz5x

preseaon passing leaders

1. M. Cassel NE 421
2. B. Gradkowski TB 297
3. A. Walter OAK 293
4. J. Cutler DEN 291
5. J. Losman BUF 278
Old 08-22-2006, 01:42 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz5x
preseaon passing leaders

1. M. Cassel NE 421
2. B. Gradkowski TB 297
3. A. Walter OAK 293
4. J. Cutler DEN 291
5. J. Losman BUF 278
I got a new player to add to that list.

2. Tony Romo 373 :D but, of course, it's only preseason.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote