Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-20-2006, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats
Well, if anyone has actually seen him play this preseason, it's obvious he's the best downhill runner on the Broncos. He sees the hole and hits it better than any back on the team. He runs with power and has the ability to break the big play. He can run between the tackles or outside. And he does a good job in short yardage and goal line(2 TDs on the goal line last nite).
Unfortunately for the Ponies, they can't just play the Lions and the Titans.
but we always get ours..i mean we have been #1 on rushing form HB the last 4 years...(the falcons only beat us due to vick)
Old 08-20-2006, 09:03 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
Quote:
Well, if anyone has actually seen him play this preseason, it's obvious he's the best downhill runner on the Broncos. He sees the hole and hits it better than any back on the team. He runs with power and has the ability to break the big play. He can run between the tackles or outside. And he does a good job in short yardage and goal line(2 TDs on the goal line last nite).
It doesnt matter who they play cause all they need is average players for that great system and it will work perfectly.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:05 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
Quote:
yeah, i mean, new england's #8 rush defense sure did a number on tatum/mike last year.

as did the redskins, jaguars, eagles and giants, among others.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which is why waiting to see Mike Bell actually do something worthy of praise before delivering it hand over foot is a good idea.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:13 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
Which is why waiting to see Mike Bell actually do something worthy of praise before delivering it hand over foot is a good idea.
what is with you people?

can people NOT be excited by seomthing they see in the preseason anymore? no, i guess he'll probably be the worst player in the history of the league because this is only the preseason.

you know what? if that's the only thing you can add to a thread, don't even bother signing in. i'm SO sick of reading all you people saying "it's just the preseason". NO KIDDING, I HADN'T NOTICED THAT THESE GAMES DON'T MATTER AND ARE ONLY PLAYED FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF EVALUATING YOUNG TALENT. i know it's really weird that any of us would attempt to do the same thing that coaches do, and try to reach conclusions about players, but JESUS. that's the point.

so yeah, tell me again how much the preseason matters. :roll:
Old 08-22-2006, 01:06 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by America
The Bells need some sort of nickname in Denver's backfield.

This is harder than I thought..

For whom the Bell Tolls..?

Hells Bells?
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:06 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77
Quote:

Hells Bells?
let's call them Steve.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:15 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Hells Bells?
I thought of that a few days ago, but thought it was too lame.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:37 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Taco Bell?

I dont know, its sounds good now because I'm hungry
Old 08-22-2006, 01:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Quote:

Hells Bells?
I thought of that a few days ago, but thought it was too lame.
I always used to say that when Mike Bell was at Arizona
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Hells Bells?
lmao, this has been heavily discussed already in the ORangemane (Broncos forum). So far the leading candidate seems to be Ding Dong (Tatum will ding u for a long run, Mike will dong u and move the chains).

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:40 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Bell was a solid back in college playing for a bad team. He has much better blocking now, receivers that are WAY better than what he had, and a better QB.

Yeah, the defenses he'll face are a lot better, but he was very consistent and played hard every down, whether his team was winning or losing getting spenked by USC.

Mike Bell will have a solid career for the Broncos.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
Quote:
but we always get ours..i mean we have been #1 on rushing form HB the last 4 years...(the falcons only beat us due to vick)

Speaking of "the falcons only beat us due to vick," I am sure you remember that game.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur
Mike Bell was a solid back in college playing for a bad team. He has much better blocking now, receivers that are WAY better than what he had, and a better QB.

Yeah, the defenses he'll face are a lot better, but he was very consistent and played hard every down, whether his team was winning or losing getting spenked by USC.

It's hard to say any Denver back will have a solid career for the Broncos. That particular position has a rediculous high turnover, for them. They change things up every year.

Old 08-22-2006, 03:30 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur

It's hard to say any Denver back will have a solid career for the Broncos. That particular position has a rediculous high turnover, for them. They change things up every year.
we do seem to get a rather high number of injuries at the position... we also seem to run guys into the ground.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

It's almost a shame that so many 'Backs can rush for 1,000 yards in the offense. It's tarnished Terrell Davis' accomplishments, I think.

Old 08-22-2006, 03:42 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

absolutely. it's annoying to see so many people write the guy off as a product of the system.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Stats
Veteran

Stats hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
absolutely. it's annoying to see so many people write the guy off as a product of the system.
Anyone that says that probably knows more about boy bands than football.
Stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:30 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I actually think he is gonna me much like Mike Anderson was...except he is gonna be around a bit longer.

If he stays the starter for the entire season this year, I think he has a great season.

290 carries
1285 yards
11 TDs
Old 08-24-2006, 11:33 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Anyone that says that probably knows more about boy bands than football.
(shhhh, the hanson fans will hear you)
Old 08-24-2006, 11:34 PM    (permalink
D?ja V?

I voted 1-2 good years and out. He will not be as good as Mike Anderson was as a rookie, even though another rookie back has done it for Denver, I don't think that the line will be able to get him 1,500 yards. If he gets 18-24 carries a game he should get around 950-1,200 yards rushing, maybe 200 yards receiving at most and 4-7 touchdowns.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:37 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt Bell starts week 1. I think that Shanahan is just doing it to light a fire under Tatum and Dayne. JMO though.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:43 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Mike Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy

He is so under the radar, he won't even be in this year's Madden 2007.
Crazy for a back who will be starting come week 1 for the NFL's best rushing offense over the last decade. Still, things are still to be seen from him. Maybe i'll belive the hype if he pieces together 2 more good games.
kinda off topic but update your rosters and he'll be there... thats what happened to ricky williams last year

wheres the "i dont know, im unsure" option in your poll? :D
Old 08-25-2006, 11:16 AM    (permalink
IBleedNavyandOrange
Rookie

IBleedNavyandOrange hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Makes you wonder what could've happened if Maurice Clarett hadn't been such a bust.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:17 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Hells Bells?
I like the TinkerBells.

Seriously, after having seen all of Bell's collegiate games except 2 non-televised road games, I was very surprised that some team didn't draft him. That's the power of measurables, I guess. Bell is in the right system and he has a solid team around him. I'm looking for him to have a good year, and if he hits 1200 yards, it would be an interesting indictment on the talent scouting in the NFL that a UDFA wins the OROY.