Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-03-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default UMass considering the jump to 1A football

http://umassathletics.cstv.com/sport...062707aaa.html

They are currently looking into the possibility of a jump to 1A in the next 3-5 years. I'd like it because it'd put another 1A program in New England which is pretty much just BC and UConn right now.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
http://umassathletics.cstv.com/sport...062707aaa.html

They are currently looking into the possibility of a jump to 1A in the next 3-5 years. I'd like it because it'd put another 1A program in New England which is pretty much just BC and UConn right now.

Would the Big East be willing to accept them?

What other options are viable as a conference choice?

Also, I think I heard a rumor before that Illinois State was thinking about a possible move to the 1A level in the next few years.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice, I know 2 guys that are going there next year.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
Would the Big East be willing to accept them?

What other options are viable as a conference choice?

Also, I think I heard a rumor before that Illinois State was thinking about a possible move to the 1A level in the next few years.
The Big East won't take them. The MAC would have to be their only option.

Western Kentucky is actually moving up in 2009. There have been other rumored moves - South Alabama, Montana, Villanova, Texas State are a few.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, first I've heard of this. They certainly are an improving team, but I think we will have a better idea if they can make it in D1A after a relatively tough schedule this year with a few D1A oppponents. I love UMASS, almost went there but I decided on Ole Miss. UMASS definitely has the look and feel of a D1A program.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They need more money and a bigger stadium. The stadium now is on a wetland.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it a hard school to get into?
Old 07-04-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texas State is supposed to move up as is Portland State.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guarentee by 2012 there will be at least 4 new D1 teams and we might even see the formation of a new conference
Old 07-04-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
It will be a while, but yeah it sounds like they are starting to make plans to eventually move up. New turf this year, plans to improve the stadium, and they are trying to boost fund raising.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UMASS is gettign increasingly more difficult to get into. It needs a new stadium badly if it gets bumped to D1A. the Current stadium doesn't hold 15,000. Maybe fill that place up get somedecent teams in their playing against them then build a new stadium.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guarentee by 2012 there will be at least 4 new D1 teams and we might even see the formation of a new conference
I wouldnt be surprised to see more teams move up, too. Schools know there is a lot of money to be made with D-1A teams (alumni donations, ticket sales, TV deals, etc.).

Old 07-04-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post
Texas State is supposed to move up as is Portland State.
Texas State will not move up anytime soon. Their stadium isn't even large enough to accomodate the number of people you need to average a game to be able to move up. Plus, I've talked numerous times to one of the men on the board of regents, and he said it won't happen for years, if it ever even happens.

I would love for Portland State to move up, but it won't be until after I am done playing :-( .
Old 07-04-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
Is it a hard school to get into?
It was relatively easy before, but it is getting difficult. I got in with a 2.8 GPA and an 1900 SAT and my guidance counselor told me it was a pretty big reach.

The stadium definitely needs to be upgraded, as already said. It is very small and I believe old as well.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Texas State will not move up anytime soon. Their stadium isn't even large enough to accommodate the number of people you need to average a game to be able to move up. Plus, I've talked numerous times to one of the men on the board of regents, and he said it won't happen for years, if it ever even happens.

I would love for Portland State to move up, but it won't be until after I am done playing :-( .
I have a bunch of friends at TX State and I was just basing that off what I have heard, my bad if that isn't true.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Western Kentucky is actually moving up in 2009. There have been other rumored moves - South Alabama, Montana, Villanova, Texas State are a few.
I would like to see Montana move up. Seems like there aren't any D-1A teams in that part of the US.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of moving up, JMU is building a new stadium and will be moving up soon aswell.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have a bunch of friends at TX State and I was just basing that off what I have heard, my bad if that isn't true.
All the students there think it is going to move up, especially after the '05 season when I was there. But the students usually have no idea what is going on.

Where did you hear portland state was supposed to? Unfortunately it couldn't happen within the 3 years I am there.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
All the students there think it is going to move up, especially after the '05 season when I was there. But the students usually have no idea what is going on.

Where did you hear portland state was supposed to? Unfortunately it couldn't happen within the 3 years I am there.
there was a story on SportsCenter with Jerry Glanville, their new coach, and he was talking about how he wants to move up to D-1A with Portland State and compete with the other Oregon schools.

I think they have the stadium and facilities but not complete monetary backing.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
there was a story on SportsCenter with Jerry Glanville, their new coach, and he was talking about how he wants to move up to D-1A with Portland State and compete with the other Oregon schools.

I think they have the stadium and facilities but not complete monetary backing.
Ya, that was supposed to be on 2 times before, both times it got pre-empted, then I didn't get to see it when it actually finally aired.

I am guessing that is the case, because they have one of the biggest 1aa stadiums in the nation.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Ya, that was supposed to be on 2 times before, both times it got pre-empted, then I didn't get to see it when it actually finally aired.

I am guessing that is the case, because they have one of the biggest 1aa stadiums in the nation.
Yeah, I think their stadium is slightly over 20k people but rather nice. And they made is seem like the entire town turns out for their home games. It was interesting to see that since Glanville showed up he has called as many as 20 D1A coaches about playing a game this next year and on. He was talking about playing them for exposure and money to help build up to a move to D-1A.

I wonder what conference would take them? I'd like to think WAC or Sun Belt.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Yeah, I think their stadium is slightly over 20k people but rather nice. And they made is seem like the entire town turns out for their home games. It was interesting to see that since Glanville showed up he has called as many as 20 D1A coaches about playing a game this next year and on. He was talking about playing them for exposure and money to help build up to a move to D-1A.

I wonder what conference would take them? I'd like to think WAC or Sun Belt.
They'd be an independent for a few years but they could get a WAC invite or even a MWC invite. They are out of Sun Belt territory
Old 07-05-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
They'd be an independent for a few years but they could get a WAC invite or even a MWC invite. They are out of Sun Belt territory
Idaho is in the Sun Belt, I don't see why Portland State cannot be.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Idaho is in the Sun Belt, I don't see why Portland State cannot be.
Good point. The Sun Belt will likely add Western Kentucky though since they are a member in all other sports