Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:11 PM    (permalink
danman253

Chad Johnson or Hines Ward?

Me and Psub have been arguing about this for quite a while. I say CJ

CJ is faster, has better hands, haze the size and is a better endzone threat. In fact besides Blocking i'm not sure what Ward has on him.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad Johnson is a better wide reciever, there isn't a single doubt in my mind.

I absolutely respect what Heinz Ward has done in the NFL, and if I was building a team, I would even be tempted to choose him over Johnson as a player and team leader.

However, Johnson is one of the most explosive recievers in the league, and he is worlds more dangerous than Ward.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:13 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i don't know that CJ has better hands. what makes you say that?
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ, no doubt.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:15 PM    (permalink

Hines Ward is one of the most overrated WR in the league, if not the most.

He isn't Top 10 and everyone always has him in the Top 10

Johnson
TO
Moss
Holt
Wayne
Harrison
Fitzgerald
Bolden
Walker - when healthy
Smith
Old 08-28-2006, 08:15 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ward is a very good player but he isn't an amazing receiver. He is pretty good, but he isn't a top reciever. An argument could be made for CJ as the best WR in the NFL, Ward definately doesn't.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:16 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck
Chad Johnson is a better wide reciever, there isn't a single doubt in my mind.

I absolutely respect what Heinz Ward has done in the NFL, and if I was building a team, I would even be tempted to choose him over Johnson as a player and team leader.

However, Johnson is one of the most explosive recievers in the league, and he is worlds more dangerous than Ward.
I don't really associate the word explosive with Johnson.

I don't really know, I really like Ward, I think that he could deffinatley get 1300+ yards a season.

It is really close, I don't think I can pick
Old 08-28-2006, 08:18 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i don't know that CJ has better hands. what makes you say that?
I haven't seen him do anything to make me think he wouldn't however neither has Ward. I guees a better playmaker would be the word i am looking for.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:18 PM    (permalink

Quote:
I think that he could deffinatley get 1300+ yards a season.
Yeah, seeings how he's only done it once and that was when Maddox was QB and the offense was THROW IT A MILLION TIMES A GAME.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:19 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ but I'd have Hines in a heartbeat too

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:20 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermaineRace

I agree 100% with this.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote

CJ
psub10champs

Quote:

Johnson
TO
Moss
Holt
Wayne
Harrison
Fitzgerald
Bolden
Walker - when healthy
Smith

You seriously need to stop posting. HOW IS HINES OVERRATED!!! Please tell me. He is underrated if anything. Your a browns fan, so number 1 you are biased, number two, well, I can't say what I want anymore, or otherwise you'll cry to ward.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:22 PM    (permalink
psub10champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Ward is a very good player but he isn't an amazing receiver. He is pretty good, but he isn't a top reciever. An argument could be made for CJ as the best WR in the NFL, Ward definately doesn't.
how???? ru kidding. He is the alltime leader in steelers receptions, and he did it in 6 years. He blocks better than any WR, he has excellent hands, he has good speed, he is good at everything. God, please, list why he is overrated, don't just say it
Old 08-28-2006, 08:23 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hines Ward IMO is the best All-Around WR in the League IMO. He does everything well, but nothing really great. Good hands, good route runner, good after the catch, good in the red zone, good over the middle, tough, very good blocker, very good team leader, very intelligent, good team guy, etc...

Without a doubt CJ is the better recieving threat and he's more explosive than Hines, but IMO Ward is the most "complete" WR in the NFL, but that's my opinion.

It's just like with LT. He's not the best runner in the NFL, but he's without a doubt the best RB in the NFL. Catching, blocking, running, etc...

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote

yeah because I've never once talked to ward.

I don't play bias just because they're steelers. Ben, I like him, Plax, liked him, James Harrison, him too, Hope, him as well, Troy P, yeah that guy too, Kevin Greene, Dawson, sure did, Yancy, yeah. hmmm shall I continue or do you and your little clique want to keep acting like I am a homer for no reason?
psub10champs

Quote:
Quote:
I think that he could deffinatley get 1300+ yards a season.
Yeah, seeings how he's only done it once and that was when Maddox was QB and the offense was THROW IT A MILLION TIMES A GAME.
so then randy moss is overrated I guess, cause all the vikings did was throw to him. Again, more evidence you haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:24 PM    (permalink
psub10champs

Quote:
yeah because I've never once talked to ward.

I don't play bias just because they're steelers. Ben, I like him, Plax, liked him, James Harrison, him too, Hope, him as well, Troy P, yeah that guy too, Kevin Greene, Dawson, sure did, Yancy, yeah. hmmm shall I continue or do you and your little clique want to keep acting like I am a homer for no reason?

You still haven't once said why ward is overrated
Old 08-28-2006, 08:24 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:

Johnson
TO
Moss
Holt
Wayne
Harrison
Fitzgerald
Bolden
Walker - when healthy
Smith
i don't think he is overrated at all. He is very consistent and is a great leader. He may not be as flashy or as talented as others, but he is definetely top 10.

Get Javon Walker out of there now

Top 10 WRs:

1. Randy Moss
2. Steve Smith
3. Chad Johnson
4. Marvin Harrison
5. Terrell Owens
6. Larry Fitzgerald
7. Tory Holt
8. Hines Ward
9. Anquan Boldin
10. BRAYLON EDWARDS! :D

JK, 10. Santana Moss
Old 08-28-2006, 08:27 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by psub10champs
Quote:
how???? ru kidding. He is the alltime leader in steelers receptions, and he did it in 6 years. He blocks better than any WR, he has excellent hands, he has good speed, he is good at everything. God, please, list why he is overrated, don't just say it
because the steelers have so many guys with so many receptions :roll: who has the 2nd most Stallworth and his 537 ? The arguements Steeler fans give for Ward would make Jimmy Smith a Top 5 WR to ever play the game.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:29 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
because the steelers have so many guys with so many receptions :roll: who has the 2nd most Stallworth and his 537 ? The arguements Steeler fans give for Ward would make Jimmy Smith a Top 5 WR to ever play the game.
How does this make him overrated? I am curious to hear this too.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:29 PM    (permalink
psub10champs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ward, Stallworth, and Lynn Swann, who are both HOF's race. Look, forget that stat anyway. How is he overrated??? he does everything well, name a weak part of his game
Old 08-28-2006, 08:30 PM    (permalink
danman253

Well Psub, i think its safe to say i have won this arguement
Old 08-28-2006, 08:31 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ward, Stallworth, and Lynn Swann, who are both HOF's race. Look, forget that stat anyway. How is he overrated??? he does everything well, name a weak part of his game
I'm with ya man...I love the way Hines plays the game and he is without a doubt IMO a top 10 WR in the NFL. If we're talking about overall WR's, he's one of the best, end of discussion.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:31 PM    (permalink
psub10champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Well Psub, i think its safe to say i have won this arguement
whatever, I said I'd rather have Ward and I still would. I don't care what the poll says, your being a doosh for posting this argument on a forum anyway