Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2006, 08:11 PM    (permalink
danman253
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default Who's the better Receiver?

Chad Johnson or Hines Ward?

Me and Psub have been arguing about this for quite a while. I say CJ

CJ is faster, has better hands, haze the size and is a better endzone threat. In fact besides Blocking i'm not sure what Ward has on him.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 9,439
Reputation: 197475
Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Chad Johnson is a better wide reciever, there isn't a single doubt in my mind.

I absolutely respect what Heinz Ward has done in the NFL, and if I was building a team, I would even be tempted to choose him over Johnson as a player and team leader.

However, Johnson is one of the most explosive recievers in the league, and he is worlds more dangerous than Ward.
__________________
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:13 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,996
Reputation: 6032924
njx9 has disabled reputation
Default

i don't know that CJ has better hands. what makes you say that?
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: BIG ORANGE COUNTRY
Posts: 6,363
Reputation: 18165
Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

CJ, no doubt.
__________________

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:15 PM    (permalink
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Hines Ward is one of the most overrated WR in the league, if not the most.

He isn't Top 10 and everyone always has him in the Top 10

Johnson
TO
Moss
Holt
Wayne
Harrison
Fitzgerald
Bolden
Walker - when healthy
Smith
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:15 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: RAWR
Posts: 39,136
Reputation: 3743006
draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Ward is a very good player but he isn't an amazing receiver. He is pretty good, but he isn't a top reciever. An argument could be made for CJ as the best WR in the NFL, Ward definately doesn't.
__________________

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:16 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,747
Reputation: 202312
ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck
Chad Johnson is a better wide reciever, there isn't a single doubt in my mind.

I absolutely respect what Heinz Ward has done in the NFL, and if I was building a team, I would even be tempted to choose him over Johnson as a player and team leader.

However, Johnson is one of the most explosive recievers in the league, and he is worlds more dangerous than Ward.
I don't really associate the word explosive with Johnson.

I don't really know, I really like Ward, I think that he could deffinatley get 1300+ yards a season.

It is really close, I don't think I can pick
__________________
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:18 PM    (permalink
danman253
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i don't know that CJ has better hands. what makes you say that?
I haven't seen him do anything to make me think he wouldn't however neither has Ward. I guees a better playmaker would be the word i am looking for.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:18 PM    (permalink
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
I think that he could deffinatley get 1300+ yards a season.
Yeah, seeings how he's only done it once and that was when Maddox was QB and the offense was THROW IT A MILLION TIMES A GAME.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:19 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: the land 'Down Under'
Posts: 2,760
Reputation: 10412
ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

CJ but I'd have Hines in a heartbeat too
__________________


me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:20 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: RAWR
Posts: 39,136
Reputation: 3743006
draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermaineRace
Hines Ward is one of the most overrated WR in the league, if not the most.

He isn't Top 10 and everyone always has him in the Top 10
I agree 100% with this.
__________________

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:20 PM    (permalink
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

CJ
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:20 PM    (permalink
psub10champs
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermaineRace
Hines Ward is one of the most overrated WR in the league, if not the most.

He isn't Top 10 and everyone always has him in the Top 10

Johnson
TO
Moss
Holt
Wayne
Harrison
Fitzgerald
Bolden
Walker - when healthy
Smith

You seriously need to stop posting. HOW IS HINES OVERRATED!!! Please tell me. He is underrated if anything. Your a browns fan, so number 1 you are biased, number two, well, I can't say what I want anymore, or otherwise you'll cry to ward.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:22 PM    (permalink
psub10champs
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Ward is a very good player but he isn't an amazing receiver. He is pretty good, but he isn't a top reciever. An argument could be made for CJ as the best WR in the NFL, Ward definately doesn't.
how???? ru kidding. He is the alltime leader in steelers receptions, and he did it in 6 years. He blocks better than any WR, he has excellent hands, he has good speed, he is good at everything. God, please, list why he is overrated, don't just say it
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:23 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Soldier Field
Posts: 19,366
Reputation: 71208
sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Hines Ward IMO is the best All-Around WR in the League IMO. He does everything well, but nothing really great. Good hands, good route runner, good after the catch, good in the red zone, good over the middle, tough, very good blocker, very good team leader, very intelligent, good team guy, etc...

Without a doubt CJ is the better recieving threat and he's more explosive than Hines, but IMO Ward is the most "complete" WR in the NFL, but that's my opinion.

It's just like with LT. He's not the best runner in the NFL, but he's without a doubt the best RB in the NFL. Catching, blocking, running, etc...
__________________


Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:23 PM    (permalink
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

yeah because I've never once talked to ward.

I don't play bias just because they're steelers. Ben, I like him, Plax, liked him, James Harrison, him too, Hope, him as well, Troy P, yeah that guy too, Kevin Greene, Dawson, sure did, Yancy, yeah. hmmm shall I continue or do you and your little clique want to keep acting like I am a homer for no reason?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:23 PM    (permalink
psub10champs
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermaineRace
Quote:
I think that he could deffinatley get 1300+ yards a season.
Yeah, seeings how he's only done it once and that was when Maddox was QB and the offense was THROW IT A MILLION TIMES A GAME.
so then randy moss is overrated I guess, cause all the vikings did was throw to him. Again, more evidence you haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:24 PM    (permalink
psub10champs
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermaineRace
yeah because I've never once talked to ward.

I don't play bias just because they're steelers. Ben, I like him, Plax, liked him, James Harrison, him too, Hope, him as well, Troy P, yeah that guy too, Kevin Greene, Dawson, sure did, Yancy, yeah. hmmm shall I continue or do you and your little clique want to keep acting like I am a homer for no reason?

You still haven't once said why ward is overrated
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:24 PM    (permalink
danman253
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermaineRace
Hines Ward is one of the most overrated WR in the league, if not the most.

He isn't Top 10 and everyone always has him in the Top 10

Johnson
TO
Moss
Holt
Wayne
Harrison
Fitzgerald
Bolden
Walker - when healthy
Smith
i don't think he is overrated at all. He is very consistent and is a great leader. He may not be as flashy or as talented as others, but he is definetely top 10.

Get Javon Walker out of there now

Top 10 WRs:

1. Randy Moss
2. Steve Smith
3. Chad Johnson
4. Marvin Harrison
5. Terrell Owens
6. Larry Fitzgerald
7. Tory Holt
8. Hines Ward
9. Anquan Boldin
10. BRAYLON EDWARDS! :D

JK, 10. Santana Moss
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:27 PM    (permalink
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psub10champs
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Ward is a very good player but he isn't an amazing receiver. He is pretty good, but he isn't a top reciever. An argument could be made for CJ as the best WR in the NFL, Ward definately doesn't.
how???? ru kidding. He is the alltime leader in steelers receptions, and he did it in 6 years. He blocks better than any WR, he has excellent hands, he has good speed, he is good at everything. God, please, list why he is overrated, don't just say it
because the steelers have so many guys with so many receptions :roll: who has the 2nd most Stallworth and his 537 ? The arguements Steeler fans give for Ward would make Jimmy Smith a Top 5 WR to ever play the game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:29 PM    (permalink
danman253
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermaineRace
Quote:
Originally Posted by psub10champs
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Ward is a very good player but he isn't an amazing receiver. He is pretty good, but he isn't a top reciever. An argument could be made for CJ as the best WR in the NFL, Ward definately doesn't.
how???? ru kidding. He is the alltime leader in steelers receptions, and he did it in 6 years. He blocks better than any WR, he has excellent hands, he has good speed, he is good at everything. God, please, list why he is overrated, don't just say it
because the steelers have so many guys with so many receptions :roll: who has the 2nd most Stallworth and his 537 ? The arguements Steeler fans give for Ward would make Jimmy Smith a Top 5 WR to ever play the game.
How does this make him overrated? I am curious to hear this too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:29 PM    (permalink
psub10champs
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermaineRace
Quote:
Originally Posted by psub10champs
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Ward is a very good player but he isn't an amazing receiver. He is pretty good, but he isn't a top reciever. An argument could be made for CJ as the best WR in the NFL, Ward definately doesn't.
how???? ru kidding. He is the alltime leader in steelers receptions, and he did it in 6 years. He blocks better than any WR, he has excellent hands, he has good speed, he is good at everything. God, please, list why he is overrated, don't just say it
because the steelers have so many guys with so many receptions :roll: who has the 2nd most Stallworth and his 537 ? The arguements Steeler fans give for Ward would make Jimmy Smith a Top 5 WR to ever play the game.
Ward, Stallworth, and Lynn Swann, who are both HOF's race. Look, forget that stat anyway. How is he overrated??? he does everything well, name a weak part of his game
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:30 PM    (permalink
danman253
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Well Psub, i think its safe to say i have won this arguement
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:31 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Soldier Field
Posts: 19,366
Reputation: 71208
sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psub10champs
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermaineRace
Quote:
Originally Posted by psub10champs
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Ward is a very good player but he isn't an amazing receiver. He is pretty good, but he isn't a top reciever. An argument could be made for CJ as the best WR in the NFL, Ward definately doesn't.
how???? ru kidding. He is the alltime leader in steelers receptions, and he did it in 6 years. He blocks better than any WR, he has excellent hands, he has good speed, he is good at everything. God, please, list why he is overrated, don't just say it
because the steelers have so many guys with so many receptions :roll: who has the 2nd most Stallworth and his 537 ? The arguements Steeler fans give for Ward would make Jimmy Smith a Top 5 WR to ever play the game.
Ward, Stallworth, and Lynn Swann, who are both HOF's race. Look, forget that stat anyway. How is he overrated??? he does everything well, name a weak part of his game
I'm with ya man...I love the way Hines plays the game and he is without a doubt IMO a top 10 WR in the NFL. If we're talking about overall WR's, he's one of the best, end of discussion.
__________________


Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:31 PM    (permalink
psub10champs
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Well Psub, i think its safe to say i have won this arguement
whatever, I said I'd rather have Ward and I still would. I don't care what the poll says, your being a doosh for posting this argument on a forum anyway
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.