Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-29-2006, 03:11 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HERE'S MY TAKE ON YOUR RANKINGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Alright I will give my positional rankings for the NFC East

---QB
1-Eagles
2a-Giants
2b-Cowboys
4-Redskins
I would just have Giants 2 alone, Eli over Bledsoe and Romo anyday, although behind Eli there isn't any depth at all.
---RB

1-Giants
2-Redskins
3-Cowboys
4-Eagles
Tiki Barber, Brandon Jacobs, Jim Finn. Clinton Portis, T.J. Duckett, Ladell Betts, Mike Sellers, skins take RB for sure.
---WR

1-Cowboys
2a-Redskins
2b-Giants
4-Eagles
Pretty much agree here, although without TO Cowboys drop bellow the Skins and Giants. Actually even with TO I would have a 3 way tie with the Skins and Giants having a slight edge over the boys because even with TO you know something during the season is gonna happen.
---TE

1-Giants
2-Cowboys
3-Redkins
4-Eagles
My personal opinion I would have Witten over Shockey but I'm ok with these ratings.
---OL

1-Redskins
2-Giants
3-Eagles
4-Cowboys
Giants O-Line shouldn't be #2.
---DE

1-Giants
2-Eagles
3-Redskins
4-Cowboys
Obvious Giants have top DE' with 4 studs.
---DT/NT

1-Redskins
2-Eagles
3-Cowboys
4-Giants
Happy to see someone like the interior tandem of pro bowl caliber Cornelius Griffin and Salavea, although Eagles would be my #1.
---OLB

1-Cowboys
2-Giants
3-Redskins
4-Eagles
Yeah, but LaVar is probably gonna suck although Antonio Pierce is the man, but Marcus Washington and Rocky Mcintosh are nothing to sleep on.
---MLB/ILB

1-Giants
2-Cowboys
3-Eagles
4-Redskins
Eagles should be #1 Trotter is better than Pierce.
---CB

1-Eagles
2-Cowboys
3-Redskins
4-Giants
I agree with these rankings.
---S

1-Redskins
2-Giants
3-Eagles
4-Cowboys
Safety Rankings are way off, Giants are in last place in terms of safeties. Skins and Eagles 1a and 1B, Cowboys next with Roy Williams, and Giants #2, Cmon. For everyone who says Adam Archuleta sucks in coverage Will Demps is horrible in coverage, he's nice on the run but with Baltimore he was getting burned deep all day, he always left Rolle and Reed on an island alone.
---K

1-Eagles
2a-Giants
2b-Redskins
4-Cowboys
I would have Vanderjagt over John Hall anyday, please skins sign a new kicker!
---P

1-Giants
2-Cowboys
3-Redskins
4-Eagles
Derrick Frost is crap, I hate him so I will gladly accept the skins being 4th.
---Return Game

1-Eagles
2-Giants
3-Cowboys
4-Redskins
This is how the rankings should really go for return game:
1)Redskins
2)Cowboys
3)Eagles
4)Giants:Chad Morton is horrible now

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:44 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to be an ass or anything, but the topic of the thread is the best OFFENSE in the division. We have already had a huge thread devoted to these different defensive arguments, most of which ended up playing out the same way that this thread has started to turn in the last page or so. Is it just me, or isn't this what we have mods for?
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:45 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
Not to be an ass or anything, but the topic of the thread is the best OFFENSE in the division. We have already had a huge thread devoted to these different defensive arguments, most of which ended up playing out the same way that this thread has started to turn in the last page or so. Is it just me, or isn't this what we have mods for?
:? A thread doesn't need to be locked if the subject is changed.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:50 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

The Giants have the best offensive unit. The most balanced. Eli still has a way to go before he equals his big brother or Big Ben.

Washington had trouble scoring last season. Philadelphia is very one dimentional on offense. Dallas has Drew Bledsoe, enough said.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft
The Giants have the best offensive unit. The most balanced. Eli still has a way to go before he equals his big brother or Big Ben.

Washington had trouble scoring last season. Philadelphia is very one dimentional on offense. Dallas has Drew Bledsoe, enough said.
What does that even mean?

As for Eli, his accuracy has not improved according to TC stories and watching him in Preseason, I think he is going to be exposed this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont understand why everyone thinks the Eagles are so one dimensional and REFUSE to call running plays. Under Andy Reid, the Eagles offense has always been about 55% pass, 45% run except last year.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:04 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's yet to be seen if Westbrook can hold up as an all down back like Deuce Staley did.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Duce wasnt a guy who never got injured. He was injured quite a bit prior to 2003 when the Eagles used 3 RBs.

The Eagles have 4 guys that will run the ball, 5 if you include McNabb. An injury to Westbrook would hurt definitely, but he isnt completely irreplacable.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Quote:

As for Eli, his accuracy has not improved according to TC stories and watching him in Preseason, I think he is going to be exposed this year.
Huh? All camp reports indicate he's dramatically improved his accuracy. And outside the Jets game, he's shown it in PS as well. In fact, his completion % wouldve been around 60% against the Jets had it not been for

1. 2 dropped passes
2. A catch and fumble by Burress that they ruled incomplete
3. A pass off his WR's hands into a DB's for an INT
Old 08-29-2006, 04:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The eagles will be much more effective running the ball this year compared to last year. They still won't run as much as they should, but it will be improved.

They got LJ, Westbrook, and now Stallworth in the pass game coupled with McNabb's feet.

And if you haven't noticed...theyve been kicking a$$ in PS.

DO NOT sleep on the Eagles...this team is hungry to prove everyone wrong. And they got their swagger back.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:

Which TC stories have you heard? Eli's accuracy in numbers this year shattered his accuracy numbers in last year's training camp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I've heard differently about Eli, I've heard at times he has looked sharp but, accuracy wise he looks about the same or a little better than last year. The odd thing is, every Giant report about him says he's much improved but, then you go outside of that and other scouts are saying he looks exactly the same and he tends to stare certain guys down. I personally believe Eli, is the most overrated QB in the NFL, I do however believe he will be phenominal one day. I guess you could say the jury is still out on him for this year, Giants say one thing and NFC East scouts say something else, I guess we will see as the regular season comes around.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-29-2006, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Well, I've heard differently about Eli, I've heard at times he has looked sharp but, accuracy wise he looks about the same or a little better than last year. The odd thing is, every Giant report about him says he's much improved but, then you go outside of that and other scouts are saying he looks exactly the same and he tends to stare certain guys down. I personally believe Eli, is the most overrated QB in the NFL, I do however believe he will be phenominal one day. I guess you could say the jury is still out on him for this year, Giants say one thing and NFC East scouts say something else, I guess we will see as the regular season comes around.
I would like to hear where these reports are coming from. The Giants keep a recording on every single pass thrown in camp and Eli's numbers accuracy wise were far and away better, not a little better.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 08-29-2006, 04:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
I would like to hear where these reports are coming from. The Giants keep a recording on every single pass thrown in camp and Eli's numbers accuracy wise were far and away better, not a little better.
I think what they mean is, Eli will look like a pro bowler one day and then the next day in camp he will be inconsistant again. Perhaps this is why they believe he is a little better, thats all I can think of. I have heard stories of how some days in camp Eli looks downright amazing and somedays he stuggled. So, perhaps some scouts outside of the Giants have a difficult time making a fair assessment on him.

I guess I'll agree with you in saying his accuracy has improved because, it seems as though the good reports out weigh the bad but, i'm still far from sold on Eli.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-29-2006, 04:49 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
The eagles will be much more effective running the ball this year compared to last year. They still won't run as much as they should, but it will be improved.

They got LJ, Westbrook, and now Stallworth in the pass game coupled with McNabb's feet.

And if you haven't noticed...theyve been kicking a$$ in PS.

DO NOT sleep on the Eagles...this team is hungry to prove everyone wrong. And they got their swagger back.
SHHHHH!!! Don't clue people into the fact that the Eagles outscored the Superbowl Champions in the first half when the starters were actually playing without their starting RB. I want to see this team surprise people.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Go_Eli
Veteran

Go_Eli hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Redskin, Cowboy, or Eagles fans telling you that?

And btw...who exactly is overrating Eli Manning? Knowledge Giant fans aren't, knowledge NFL fans, and the media sure aren't. So who exactly is?
Go_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:08 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eli
Quote:

And btw...who exactly is overrating Eli Manning? Knowledge Giant fans aren't, knowledge NFL fans, and the media sure aren't. So who exactly is?
Go_Eli everyone! Everyone give him a round of applause!

.....In unrelated knews, reports out of Jersey have a pot calling a kettle black.....
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

How on Earth has Dallas's Poll results skyrocketed? They were a distant 3rd just like 2 hours ago...now they have the most votes? How did that happen in a span of 2 hours?
Old 08-29-2006, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How on Earth has Dallas's Poll results skyrocketed? They were a distant 3rd just like 2 hours ago...now they have the most votes? How did that happen in a span of 2 hours?
Polls here can be easily manipulated.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think what they mean is, Eli will look like a pro bowler one day and then the next day in camp he will be inconsistant again. Perhaps this is why they believe he is a little better, thats all I can think of. I have heard stories of how some days in camp Eli looks downright amazing and somedays he stuggled. So, perhaps some scouts outside of the Giants have a difficult time making a fair assessment on him.

I guess I'll agree with you in saying his accuracy has improved because, it seems as though the good reports out weigh the bad but, i'm still far from sold on Eli.
So what you're saying is that he is a young QB that is still progressing? Isn't exactly anything new. Of course he is going to have his good games, and then everyone will jump on his banwagon, and then he will have his bad games, where everyone call him a bust.

Point remains, to say he has not improved in training camp is bogus and either you made that up or someone who told you that made it up. Facts are, he had a much better camp this year than last year and he should improve his numbers this season in comparison to last season.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 08-29-2006, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You honestly couldn't figure out how?
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 08-29-2006, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I imagine the coward Texico (who's been deleted) is responsible. He bragged to me about have 50+ accounts. So if there's any poll that's ridiculously Cowboy favored, blame that coward.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eli
Quote:

Are you kidding? Eli is so grossly overrated it is ridiculous now, there are even so called experts out there that say he is better than Peyton. It's a joke, he has not done anything to show that he is a top QB except throw for a lot of yards and the only reason he did that was because he had Plax catching all his high passes and Tiki catching screens and swings all game. If he didnt have Plax, he wouldnt have thrown for 50% last year and yet some how he is mentioned in the top tier of Qb's now, it doesnt make any sense. Eli, is also terribly overrated among Giants fans on this board, how you can rank him higher than Mccnabb or Bledsoe? You take Bledsoe's and Manning's numbers from last year, all Eli has on him is yards and it's not by many. Eventhough Bledsoe has the additions of a brand new line and arguably the best WR in the league ,T.O., Giants fans will still rank Eli higher :? not very logical at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-29-2006, 05:17 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
I imagine the coward Texico (who's been deleted) is responsible. He bragged to me about have 50+ accounts. So if there's any poll that's ridiculously Cowboy favored, blame that coward.
ahh that explains why all of the all nfldc player teams were so favored towards the Cowboys. Oh well, I had already had enough of his Who's the Best Player in [insert franchise] history? topics.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Same thing happened when we were doing that all NFLDC team for LG. Larry Allen was last and then in like a minute he got 20 votes out of knowhere.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS