Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-09-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
I might get a 360 when/if it drops.
same here, and I'd only get it for Halo and GOW.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
how come those games for the ps3 and not the 360?
Eh, I have always been a Playstation owner . . . I have seen nothing terribly convincing that would convert me over to XBox.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Eh, I have always been a Playstation owner . . . I have seen nothing terribly convincing that would convert me over to XBox.
oh, I thought you had an xbox and said you wanted a ps3 for those 3 games...

my bad :)

Nice to know you are a ps fanboy like me though. ;) :)

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not to be a fanboy, but it just seems odd that you would pay $100+ more to play GTA, Madden, and NCAA on a PS3 when the same games will be on 360 on the same day.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4Life View Post
Not to be a fanboy, but it just seems odd that you would pay $100+ more to play GTA, Madden, and NCAA on a PS3 when the same games will be on 360 on the same day.
I have never so much as picked up an XBox controller, so that possibility never really dawned on me till now. I haven't played a video game for any system in over a year since my PS2 broke.

I also didn't know that GTA:4 would be available on Xbox 360.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
same here, and I'd only get it for Halo and GOW.
Those are like, the only games for the 360 lol.

Is Forza on there? I gotta have a racing game too.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

For those of you who have both a PS3 and XBox 360 (if there are any of you), can you give me a quick rundown of what you like and dislike about the two systems? Keep in mind that I am not a huge video game person . . . thanks
Old 07-09-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Those are like, the only games for the 360 lol.

Is Forza on there? I gotta have a racing game too.
No Alan Wake on the PS3....

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not just that, my good Xio...

http://kotaku.com/gaming/highway-rob...ive-269442.php

Old 07-09-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have never so much as picked up an XBox controller, so that possibility never really dawned on me till now. I haven't played a video game for any system in over a year since my PS2 broke.

GTA 4 has downloadable content only on 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are Xbox 360 owners that insecure with their system that they need to come into the a PS3 thread and try and force feed their system down others' throats? Is this whole "Console Wars" thing really that big of a deal to anyone? It just seems like XBox 360 players have to prove to the world that their system is the best. Honestly, who cares? Some of you people need to stop trying to get the rest of the world to buy the XBox 360 and play your own damn system.

Note: This isn't directed at anyone in particular and it stems from not just this thread, but numerous other video game threads I've read in the past. I currently do not own a 360, PS3, or Wii. I just find it weird that PS3 and Wii owners don't care about the other two systems but 360 owners have to try and establish a superiority over the other two.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad there is a drop in price, I want to get one eventually for GTA4 and Metal Gear Solid 4. I've seen some of the screens for the NCAA Football that is coming to PS3 this year and it looks like it's going to have the same crappy player models from last year's Madden so I will probably just not get it this year. However, I definitely plan on getting one for MGS and GTA, I hope Fallout 3 comes to PS3, too. That would pretty much seal the deal for me.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post
Glad there is a drop in price, I want to get one eventually for GTA4 and Metal Gear Solid 4. I've seen some of the screens for the NCAA Football that is coming to PS3 this year and it looks like it's going to have the same crappy player models from last year's Madden so I will probably just not get it this year. However, I definitely plan on getting one for MGS and GTA, I hope Fallout 3 comes to PS3, too. That would pretty much seal the deal for me.
Im surprised to hear you say that about the player models because everything ive seen they look great and different madden sites are showing players from 07 to 08 and not only do the 08 ones lok better but different as well.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

woo 500 dollars still not buying it

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
GTA 4 has downloadable content only on 360
care to explain? the ps3 also got 2 videos of GTA 4 so what content are you talking about

also "Sony Pictures Releasing International said Sunday that the international boxoffice for its films this year passed the $1 billion mark faster than ever before in the distributor's history, making Sony the first studio to reach that milestone in 2007."

Xiomera I don't have a 360 but here are the pros and cons

PS3- Pros- This system power and blu-ray disc space let alone can give you the best graphics available.
Cons- Many of the developers have said that working with a ps3 was way too hard and most of the games out of now is only using 20% of the ps3 power. Also not being out for a year hasn't helped with not many games being out right now.

360- Pros- Games, Games, and more Games
Cons- With a 9gb dvd disc many developers are having more trouble with that then with the ps3 technology. Many problems/bugs that the 360 is having are all first-gen.

Last edited by PACKmanN : 07-09-2007 at 06:38 PM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
care to explain? the ps3 also got 2 videos of GTA 4 so what content are you talking about
http://kotaku.com/gaming/highway-rob...ive-269442.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Are Xbox 360 owners that insecure with their system that they need to come into the a PS3 thread and try and force feed their system down others' throats? Is this whole "Console Wars" thing really that big of a deal to anyone? It just seems like XBox 360 players have to prove to the world that their system is the best. Honestly, who cares? Some of you people need to stop trying to get the rest of the world to buy the XBox 360 and play your own damn system.
My own reason (I can't speak for others): I made a big investment in the 360, and more success for the 360 means more quality games coming to the system. There were a lot of PlayStation 3rd party franchises (MGS; Devil May Cry (which is coming), Final Fantasy) that I would like to play without having to pay 500 more dollars.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched the new GTA4 trailer...the graphics dont look too good. As for the people at least.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-09-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Just watched the new GTA4 trailer...the graphics dont look too good. As for the people at least.
lol the hands are still in squares lol.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
lol the hands are still in squares lol.
yeah, they def. could have done better...some of these new games for the 360/PS3 still suck graphically...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-09-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
yeah, they def. could have done better...some of these new games for the 360/PS3 still suck graphically...
I cant speak for the 360 but for the ps3 its because developers not being able to use the full technology of the ps3 and most of the 3rd part games are all ports from the 360. Some games that were ports from the 360 got more content for the ps3.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Unpatiently waiting for Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, and God of War 3. I wont end up buying a PS3 until one of those two come out. (GOW 3 or Heavy Rain)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-09-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4Life View Post
My own reason (I can't speak for others): I made a big investment in the 360, and more success for the 360 means more quality games coming to the system.
It's not like with the head start (and price) that the 360 got on the Wii and PS3 that there won't be a ton of quality titles coming to it. They have already built a substantial sales lead in North America and neither the PS3 or Wii are likely to catch it. Some games like Final Fantasy (Square Enix recently said they have no plans to release a future title on XBox) aren't going to come over, despite the sales. I don't know, I guess I'm trying to say that convincing 5-10 people on an NFL message board to buy a system isn't going to make a difference in sales. Those 5-10 people aren't going to be enough to take a PS3 or Wii exclusive game and turn it into a multi-platform game.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Unpatiently waiting for Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, and God of War 3. I wont end up buying a PS3 until one of those two come out. (GOW 3 or Heavy Rain)
GOW 3...I salivate when I think of it. I just wonder how they're going to drain Kratos of his powers yet again...
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
im really looking forward to alan wake... and the new turok looks worldly

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
It's not like with the head start (and price) that the 360 got on the Wii and PS3 that there won't be a ton of quality titles coming to it. They have already built a substantial sales lead in North America and neither the PS3 or Wii are likely to catch it. Some games like Final Fantasy (Square Enix recently said they have no plans to release a future title on XBox) aren't going to come over, despite the sales. I don't know, I guess I'm trying to say that convincing 5-10 people on an NFL message board to buy a system isn't going to make a difference in sales. Those 5-10 people aren't going to be enough to take a PS3 or Wii exclusive game and turn it into a multi-platform game.
i dont think 360s could use some of nintendos games. like for example it would be a hard process to turn a motion heavy game such as the upcoming mario and sonic at the olympic games or wario ware or rayman and turn it into a 360 gmae sucessfully. but games like zelda could go over easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote