Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-02-2007, 01:16 AM    (permalink
LEROY_FROM_YONDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Yeah but if the same teams win year in and year out what difference does it make?
same could be said bout the pac 10..big 10/11...same teams year in an year out so wat difference does it make??
Old 07-02-2007, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
so auburn had a bad game an your jus gonna throw away their entire season...if im not mistaken didnt AUB beat both FLA an LSU...im jus curious how you would disregard AUB when they were FLA only loss an they beat LSU
Because they got pummeled by a very mediocre Georgia team? I'm sorry. As impressive as the Florida and LSU wins are, there's absolutely no excuse to be losing by 3 touchdowns to a middle of the pack team, no matter what conference you're in. Auburn was a good team, not a great one.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
same could be said bout the pac 10..big 10/11...same teams year in an year out so wat difference does it make??
I know that, but I'm not the one spouting off about how amazing the SEC is now am I? It kind of defeats the top heavy argument. USC will usually win the Pac 10, Michigan or Ohio State will usually win the Big 10 and Florida or LSU will usually win the SEC.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:26 AM    (permalink
LEROY_FROM_YONDER

really considerin..the past 3 season both teams have only played in 1 SEC championship... an since 2000 LSU has only been in 3 an FLA has only been in 2.. but yeah year in an year out either team usually wins it
Old 07-02-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
LEROY_FROM_YONDER

anD on that note since the SEC expanded to 12 teams in 92 LSU has only played in 3 SEC championship games...but they are annual contenders
Old 07-02-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
anD on that note since the SEC expanded to 12 teams in 92 LSU has only played in 3 SEC championship games...but they are annual contenders
Edit to my earlier post now that I read it: Tennessee should be lumped into that pool. LSU may not always be there, but damned if you don't think to yourself before the season "**** LSU has a good team. They're contenders."
Old 07-02-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
LEROY_FROM_YONDER

Quote:
Because they got pummeled by a very mediocre Georgia team? I'm sorry. As impressive as the Florida and LSU wins are, there's absolutely no excuse to be losing by 3 touchdowns to a middle of the pack team, no matter what conference you're in. Auburn was a good team, not a great one.
so i guess USC gettin beat by a good oregon state anD a good UCLA team knocks them out of the category of best in the nation in 07 then also huh??
Old 07-02-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
LEROY_FROM_YONDER

Quote:
Edit to my earlier post now that I read it: Tennessee should be lumped into that pool. LSU may not always be there, but damned if you don't think to yourself before the season "**** LSU has a good team. They're contenders."

yeah i thought that when nick saban got there but not before that....before that they werent contenders by no means
Old 07-02-2007, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
so i guess USC gettin beat by a good oregon state anD a good UCLA team knocks them out of the category of best in the nation in 07 then also huh??
There's a difference between losing by 3-4 points and 22 now isn't there?
Old 07-03-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Texas should win every game this year and so should USC. Even though LSU is a great team even Florida lost to Auburn. The SEC is stacked with teams that can upset your title runs. Unfortunately, the way the system is set up is that if USC and Texas go undefeated they will be playing each other in the NC without having to go through much competition. Even if LSU only looses 1 game thats enough to keep them out of the NC this year.

Man college football needs playoffs.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Texas better not sleep on A&M again..
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY10 View Post
Texas should win every game this year and so should USC. Even though LSU is a great team even Florida lost to Auburn. The SEC is stacked with teams that can upset your title runs. Unfortunately, the way the system is set up is that if USC and Texas go undefeated they will be playing each other in the NC without having to go through much competition. Even if LSU only looses 1 game thats enough to keep them out of the NC this year.

Man college football needs playoffs.
I'm thinking Oklahoma will give Texas a run for their money. Their running game is sick and Stoops usually has a nasty defense to go along with it.I think Texas will lose to Oklahoma, so LSU could afford to lose one game unless a team like WVU goes undefeated. Doesn't matter anyway, Michigan's taking the whole thing ;)
Old 07-03-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I'm thinking Oklahoma will give Texas a run for their money. Their running game is sick and Stoops usually has a nasty defense to go along with it.I think Texas will lose to Oklahoma, so LSU could afford to lose one game unless a team like WVU goes undefeated. Doesn't matter anyway, Michigan's taking the whole thing ;)
Michigan was the most overrated team last year. I hope they got better.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
Yeah, it really sucks to be 11-2 playing one of the top 10-20 toughest schedules in the nation with our only two losses being to the (at the time) #1 and #8 teams in the nation. Beating our opponents by an average of 30-12 is pretty crappy too. And lastly, I agree with you that having one bad game makes a team the most overrated.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No it was either Notre Dame or Rutgers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, sure they were. You mean how they lost their 2 games to teams that finished the season #2 and #4 in the country both on the road? And destroyed the #5 team in the country? Please use your brain before posting, it tends to help. Explain to me how Michigan was overrated, I'm pumped to hear this.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

Quote:
I'm thinking Oklahoma will give Texas a run for their money.
Of course OU will give Texas a run for their money but in the end Texas should win.... like they should have whooped both K-state and A&M next year.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY10 View Post
Of course OU will give Texas a run for their money but in the end Texas should win.... like they should have whooped both K-state and A&M next year.
I agree, Texas is the favorite. But I'm not going to be stunned if Oklahoma pulls it out.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

Quote:
I agree, Texas is the favorite. But I'm not going to be stunned if Oklahoma pulls it out.
Same. Texas does has a habit of choking...
Old 07-03-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

I'm not too sure I'm sold on UT's defense. That secondary got shredded a lot last year, and they lost two first round picks.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
I'm not too sure I'm sold on UT's defense. That secondary got shredded a lot last year, and they lost two first round picks.
Exactly. The offense is going to be killer but the secondary is going to get torched is what Im afraid of.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

This is from another board, is Carroll serial?

Quote:
I was listenng to drive time sports radio out here in Los Angeles and the Les Miles comments came up. The hosts basically said that Miles comments were out of line and that the SEC (specifically LSU) needs to go on the road and play some out of conference talent. Banged on LSU's schedule and said LSU and Miles are pissed off due to the fact we lost Booty and specifically McKnight. Also said we have a complex about USC and the fact they are top program in the country. Few minutes later Carroll came on via phone and said Miles comments were "LAME" and that Pac-10 from top to bottom is equal to SEC (hinting at Miss St, Vandy, etc.)
Welcomes to play anyone anywhere (i.e. Auburn, Arkansas).
Old 07-09-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well I was listening to that interview and Pete said the competition and intesity was the same. Not the talent. That comment is debatable, but the rest of what Pete said is in line. Unlike some of Les's complaining.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote