Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-09-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

care to explain? the ps3 also got 2 videos of GTA 4 so what content are you talking about

also "Sony Pictures Releasing International said Sunday that the international boxoffice for its films this year passed the $1 billion mark faster than ever before in the distributor's history, making Sony the first studio to reach that milestone in 2007."

Xiomera I don't have a 360 but here are the pros and cons

PS3- Pros- This system power and blu-ray disc space let alone can give you the best graphics available.
Cons- Many of the developers have said that working with a ps3 was way too hard and most of the games out of now is only using 20% of the ps3 power. Also not being out for a year hasn't helped with not many games being out right now.

Thats because of the new cell processor.. once programmers learn how to use the cell processor to it's full extent.. it's going to be ridiculous.

360- Pros- Games, Games, and more Games
Cons- With a 9gb dvd disc many developers are having more trouble with that then with the ps3 technology. Many problems/bugs that the 360 is having are all first-gen.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alert-If anyone planning on getting a system get them NOW! they are selling out everywhere. My older bro works in Best Buy and he said they sold 60 PS3 today and are sold out. I called more places and they are sold out too. Hurry! Here are other places too.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...cending&page=2
Old 07-10-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
care to explain? the ps3 also got 2 videos of GTA 4 so what content are you talking about

also "Sony Pictures Releasing International said Sunday that the international boxoffice for its films this year passed the $1 billion mark faster than ever before in the distributor's history, making Sony the first studio to reach that milestone in 2007."

Xiomera I don't have a 360 but here are the pros and cons

PS3- Pros- This system power and blu-ray disc space let alone can give you the best graphics available.
Cons- Many of the developers have said that working with a ps3 was way too hard and most of the games out of now is only using 20% of the ps3 power. Also not being out for a year hasn't helped with not many games being out right now.

Thats because of the new cell processor.. once programmers learn how to use the cell processor to it's full extent.. it's going to be ridiculous.

360- Pros- Games, Games, and more Games
Cons- With a 9gb dvd disc many developers are having more trouble with that then with the ps3 technology. Many problems/bugs that the 360 is having are all first-gen.
Nice, thanks for that.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Alert-If anyone planning on getting a system get them NOW! they are selling out everywhere. My older bro works in Best Buy and he said they sold 60 PS3 today and are sold out. I called more places and they are sold out too. Hurry! Here are other places too.

IMO they wont be able to fill the demand.
besides the wii does that every time it hits shelves

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

$500 is still too much, imo. Just wait for the next, next gen. consoles...hmm. That's gonna suck.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:49 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just a heads up im posting this on my ps3 :)
Old 07-10-2007, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got a Wii which is a ton of fun for multiplayer games, but I want either a 360 or PS3 for online gaming (mostly sports, FIFA, NCAA, MADDEN, TIGER).

How do the online networks compare between Sony & Microsoft? Do they both have paid subscriptions? If so, how much do they cost?

As far as I understand the 360 network is the best when it comes to online console gaming, but I'd like to get some opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sony online is free.....but the price is high to get one but sony usually has the best games so id go with the ps3

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

are you kidding the EB games by my place.. has had PS3's forever.. people are to cheap tp buy them here so they buy 360's besides hte whole city is Wii obsessed... 15 of my freinds bought one in the last month.. no one has a Ps3 left... they are actaully on the first shipment they got in at EB... kinda pumped so gonna throw this in here.. i got an interview there.. if i get it.. game discount:D

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
sony online is free.....but the price is high to get one but sony usually has the best games so id go with the ps3

That's tight.

Apparently the 360 is $50/12 months ($4.16/month), $20/3 months ($6.66/month), or $8/ month.

Plus I don't know if my RoadRunner Lite internet will handle online gaming, since broadband is suggested. Tough call, I'm gonna be broke either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
That's tight.

Apparently the 360 is $50/12 months ($4.16/month), $20/3 months ($6.66/month), or $8/ month.

Plus I don't know if my RoadRunner Lite internet will handle online gaming, since broadband is suggested. Tough call, I'm gonna be broke either way.
Plus you get Home with the ps3, just goto youtube anfd type ps3 home it will explain what it is, all free.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Plus you get Home with the ps3, just goto youtube anfd type ps3 home it will explain what it is, all free.
oh wow gotta love youtube... Are they putting out assasins creed for just 360? or will it be on PS3 because that game will own... and i really hope they make a Hitman with the same engine... wow

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 07-10-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
oh wow gotta love youtube... Are they putting out assasins creed for just 360? or will it be on PS3 because that game will own... and i really hope they make a Hitman with the same engine... wow
ps3 as well.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
ps3 as well.
you are my new hero that just comletlty made my day... im sold now.. im getting a PS3.. always been a PS3 guy.. aslways will be

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 07-10-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a PS2 guy, and I'd much rather have a PS3 than a 360, but the only thing holding me back is that price tag. 500 dollars? ***** please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag View Post
I'm a PS2 guy, and I'd much rather have a PS3 than a 360, but the only thing holding me back is that price tag. 500 dollars? ***** please.
ya im waitng for a further drop in price

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 07-10-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the recent price drop of the PS3 and the expected price drop of the 360, I am considering finally investing in one or the other. I haven't decided which yet, but I think I am leaning towards the PS3 because I like the selection of games better. Games like Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Final Fantasy XIII, God of War III, Grand Turismo 5, Killzone 2, Silent Hill 5, and Zone of the Enders 3 all appeal to me more than some of the 360 exclusives. The only 360 games that I would really want to have are Fable 2, Forza Motorsport 2, and Halo 3.

Price isn't really a concern to me. My brother really wants a PS3 and would be willing to go 50/50 on it with me. I'd only have to pay $250 for it. He said he wouldn't mind a 360, but he probably would only put $100 towards it. So they'll virtually cost me the same either way.

I still need to look into more, as I have never invested my own money into a system (PlayStation, PlayStation 2, and GameCube were all Christmas gifts) and I want to get the right one. I am however, slightly leaning towards the PS3.

EDIT: Consider this the official PS3 thread.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boo Sony!!!! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
With the recent price drop of the PS3 and the expected price drop of the 360, I am considering finally investing in one or the other. I haven't decided which yet, but I think I am leaning towards the PS3 because I like the selection of games better. Games like Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Final Fantasy XIII, God of War III, Grand Turismo 5, Killzone 2, Silent Hill 5, and Zone of the Enders 3 all appeal to me more than some of the 360 exclusives. The only 360 games that I would really want to have are Fable 2, Forza Motorsport 2, and Halo 3.

Price isn't really a concern to me. My brother really wants a PS3 and would be willing to go 50/50 on it with me. I'd only have to pay $250 for it. He said he wouldn't mind a 360, but he probably would only put $100 towards it. So they'll virtually cost me the same either way.

I still need to look into more, as I have never invested my own money into a system (PlayStation, PlayStation 2, and GameCube were all Christmas gifts) and I want to get the right one. I am however, slightly leaning towards the PS3.

EDIT: Consider this the official PS3 thread.
If you choose 360 you could hang out with me on XBL.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:17 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm proud to say that i just bought a PS3 yesterday.

I found it on Craig's List w/ 2 controllers, 3 games, and a warrenty card that hasn't been sent in yet. All for $500.

And it wasn't even hard to convince my girlfriend that it was a deal that i couldn't pass up!!!

Suggestions for games to check out?
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There suppossed to be an announcement of a big ps3 exclusive today. Hopefully it is Haze. That game looks so awesome, it will make Halo look like garbage. It is being made by the developers who made 3 of the best First Person Shooters ever in Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Timesplitters.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New killzone 2 trailer.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21490.html
i think this one is real they said

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
New killzone 2 trailer.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21490.html
i think this one is real they said
I really enjoyed the original Killzone. I know a lot of people were disappointed because PS2 fanboys hyped it up to be a "Halo killer" and it didn't live up to the ridiculous hype. However, I thought it ended up being one of the more underrated games for PS2. This new one looks awesome.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
I really enjoyed the original Killzone. I know a lot of people were disappointed because PS2 fanboys hyped it up to be a "Halo killer" and it didn't live up to the ridiculous hype. However, I thought it ended up being one of the more underrated games for PS2. This new one looks awesome.
ya they hyped it to much.. still this one was probably my favortie gaqem for PS2... im gonan get this as soon as i buy my PS3... it looks amazing

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 07-11-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

It was just confirmed at E3, Metal Gear Solid 4 will remain a PlayStation 3 exclusive.