Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-05-2006, 06:52 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Quote:
Originally Posted by maroney39
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20
Taylor is better than Dawkins and in my opinion, Taylor is surprisingly underrated by alot of people...his combo of size and speed is almost unmatched by any other safety in the league. He is one of the biggest hitters in the league but has the ability to cover a slot WR 1 on 1.

Dawkins is a great player and I really really like him, but I think Taylor is better.

Here are my top 5 safety rankings:

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders
Taylor has not proven himself to be better than Dawkins, period. He has huge upside still, but he really hasn't been dominant so far in the NFL. While Brian Dawkins has been one of the best Safety's in the NFL for years and years.

In 2 or 3 years, I could buy Taylor being better than Dawkins, but not right now.
I find this quite interesting because over the last 2 years Taylor has been better than Dawkins. Explain how he has not been dominant and since Taylor has been in the leauge do you really think Dawkins has been a better saftey?

There he is!!!! :D . Your a such a flaming homer please dont post in this thread.
If that is all you have to say just go home

I am at home thank you, and that is all that i will say too you because if I start to argue with you I will only get frustrated with your Redskins tunnel vision.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:54 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Taylor is better than Dawkins and in my opinion, Taylor is surprisingly underrated by alot of people...his combo of size and speed is almost unmatched by any other safety in the league. He is one of the biggest hitters in the league but has the ability to cover a slot WR 1 on 1.

Dawkins is a great player and I really really like him, but I think Taylor is better.

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders
Taylor has not proven himself to be better than Dawkins, period. He has huge upside still, but he really hasn't been dominant so far in the NFL. While Brian Dawkins has been one of the best Safety's in the NFL for years and years.

In 2 or 3 years, I could buy Taylor being better than Dawkins, but not right now.
I find this quite interesting because over the last 2 years Taylor has been better than Dawkins. Explain how he has not been dominant and since Taylor has been in the leauge do you really think Dawkins has been a better saftey?

There he is!!!! :D . Your a such a flaming homer please dont post in this thread.

I am at home thank you, and that is all that i will say too you because if I start to argue with you I will only get frustrated with your Redskins tunnel vision.
just curious, are you going to annoucne my arrival in every thread
Old 09-05-2006, 06:58 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

hmmmm... I dont remember ever doing this before... can you show me a quote? :? :roll:
Old 09-05-2006, 07:00 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

hmmmm... I dont remember ever doing this before... can you show me a quote? :? :roll:

Is this gonna be a new thing for you

Quote:
There he is!!!! . Your a such a flaming homer please dont post in this thread.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:01 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Is this gonna be a new thing for you

Quote:
There he is!!!! . Your a such a flaming homer please dont post in this thread.

What? That was this thread. :?
Old 09-05-2006, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carry on without the personal attacks, maroney has been suspended indefinitely.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Sean Taylor-
Tkl Sack Int FF
60 1 4 2
60 1 2 2

Brian Dawkins-

Taylor has outplayed Dawkins the last 2 years? I think Dawkins has been a better safety.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dawkins

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:58 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em'
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Sean Taylor-
Tkl Sack Int FF
60 1 4 2
60 1 2 2

Brian Dawkins-

Taylor has outplayed Dawkins the last 2 years? I think Dawkins has been a better safety.
Stats dont tell the whole story, im talkin about big plays in big games, name them
Old 09-05-2006, 08:03 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coming into this season Sean Taylor for sure, his physical and coverage abilities are unmatched to from any other safety in the league. He doesn't have the same Ed Reed playmaking skills, but they are pretty darn good and near the top of the league matching with his LB like run support.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:04 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Sean Taylor has not been the player I hoped to see when he was drafted. He's had 2 very good years, but with all that talent he can do even more than that.

Brian Dawkins has been one of the top safeties in the NFL for years and years. Sean Taylor needs to prove to me what his upside shows.

Like I said, in a year or two I'll be eating my words and Taylor will be the better Safety, but right now, Dawkins is better.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

How about zero 4th quarter ints, and no ints or sacks when behind.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:12 PM    (permalink
turninandburnin1
Rookie

turninandburnin1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Sean Taylor-
Tkl Sack Int FF
60 1 4 2
60 1 2 2

Brian Dawkins-

Stats dont tell the whole story, im talkin about big plays in big games, name them
How bout watching Dawkins just power slam receivers into the ground like its something he does every day. Brian Dawkins is better safety overall, plus he has experience and hes got a straight head on him.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:16 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by turninandburnin1
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Sean Taylor-
Tkl Sack Int FF
60 1 4 2
60 1 2 2

Brian Dawkins-

How bout watching Dawkins just power slam receivers into the ground like its something he does every day. Brian Dawkins is better safety overall, plus he has experience and hes got a straight head on him.

Good reasons.....
Old 09-05-2006, 08:39 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dawkins! he is smart, aggressive and goooood

only ed reed and troy polamalu are better

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Sean Taylor-
Tkl Sack Int FF
60 1 4 2
60 1 2 2

Brian Dawkins-

Good reasons.....
I usually don't like looking up stats, but....

Quote:
Old 09-05-2006, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dawkins is way more accomplished than Taylor so far in his career, is the undisputed leader on a very complicated and successful defense, and, if we are gonna look at the whole picture, has a much better image as a teammate and person than does Taylor.

Taylor is probably a better athlete than Dawkins ever was or could hope to be, but he has yet to show me he knows his position all that well.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:48 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck
Dawkins is way more accomplished than Taylor so far in his career, is the undisputed leader on a very complicated and successful defense, and, if we are gonna look at the whole picture, has a much better image as a teammate and person than does Taylor.

Taylor is probably a better athlete than Dawkins ever was or could hope to be, but he has yet to show me he knows his position all that well.
What what he have to do to prove that he knows his postion well?
Old 09-05-2006, 09:51 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Sean Taylor-
Tkl Sack Int FF
60 1 4 2
60 1 2 2

Brian Dawkins-

Good reasons.....

Quote:
What about his TD in the 4th to send us to the playoffs, or his TD to win us a playoff game, or in week 2 he hit patrick crayton and made him drop the ball to solidfy our win in Dallas, or the excellent play on the ball he made in the endzone against seattle and then the next play a fumble was forced inside the 5...in the playoffs, or how he stoped jj arrington short on 4th and 2 to give the redskins the W. I can keep going but let it sit in ya mind fam

11-10=1
Old 09-05-2006, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Sean Taylor-
Tkl Sack Int FF
60 1 4 2
60 1 2 2

Brian Dawkins-

Good reasons.....

Quote:
What about his TD in the 4th to send us to the playoffs, or his TD to win us a playoff game, or in week 2 he hit patrick crayton and made him drop the ball to solidfy our win in Dallas, or the excellent play on the ball he made in the endzone against seattle and then the next play a fumble was forced inside the 5...in the playoffs, or how he stoped jj arrington short on 4th and 2 to give the redskins the W. I can keep going but let it sit in ya mind fam

11-10=1
Alright you got me there I don't get a much of a chance to watch the NFC East and the Redskins play.

There is no doubt in anyones mind that Taylor will be a if not THE elite safety in the league, and after this year he could turn alot of heads. I'm waiting for that potential to soar.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:08 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least you don't worry about Dawkins and firearms... Thank goodness for those multi-million dollar scheister lawyers...
Old 09-05-2006, 11:23 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Sean Taylor-
Tkl Sack Int FF
60 1 4 2
60 1 2 2

Brian Dawkins-

Good reasons.....

Quote:

11-10=1
Well of course Sean Taylor made more big plays in the playoffs considering the Eagles didn't make it to the playoffs this year. :roll:
Dawkins is much better in coverage than Sean Taylor is, is a more sure tackler with better technique(although I will admit that Taylor can light up receivers just as well), and is better on goal line defense. The Eagles have historically been very good in goal line defense, and Dawkins is a major reason why. He takes away the option of bouncing runs outside. Dawkins is also more effective coming off the edge than Taylor is. Dawkins is one of the better blitzing safeties. Dawkins is more versatile, and excels in areas that you expect your safety to. Seriously, Sean Taylor is not better than Dawkins at coverage, and they are about even in run support, so how exactly is Taylor better?
Old 09-05-2006, 11:32 PM    (permalink
psub10champs

Quote:

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders
Taylor is not better than Troy or Dawkins
Old 09-05-2006, 11:36 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

uhhhhhhhhh, Taylor is not as good as Polamalu, no way you can justify it at all. And Bob Sanders top 5? COuld you not name another safety or were you serious?
Old 09-05-2006, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither is a better "saftey". What the hell is a "saftey"?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote