Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Anybody putting him in the same category as T.O. and such should stop. Those people don't have this type of problem. I think the theory about rooting for him, or doubting him and guys like him depending on what team they're on has some truth to it, but not with me. I was sad to see what happened in Minnesota. People are talking about him having to hit rock bottom, I think he already has. You don't think he realizes what he's done? Any farther would be killing himself or end up killing somebody else because of this disease. Have some sympathy. People make mistakes in the beginning (starting to drink) and sometimes they lead down a long road like this. You can't act like like he wants it to be this way and you can't act like he is a disgrace to all of us, NFL players are people too.

I want him to be in football, I want him in football now because the fan in me wants him to sign with the Packers. From a well-being stand point, I don't what's best for him right now and who really does know whats best for him right now. If he doesn't have football he might just drink all the time, or he might be rehabing. Who knows what could happen. For what it's worth,(which should be a lot) when he visited Green Bay he spent the majority of his time with Brett Favre, who was addicted to painkillers in 1996, I wonder what they talked about.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:04 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
just read on packers news that koren will not be prosicuted until after the 2006 season and this means that the nfl officials will not be able to punish him until after the season is over.... so i dunnno what to think?

nice...sign him...yeah, he's a charcter issue, but green bay is a relatively small and boring town...not a lot to do to get yourself in trouble...and packers haven't had a kick returner since desmond howard.
dude the town on mankato Minn where he got arrested is prob the biggest **** hole of a town ever and he still managed to ge in trouble there. he'd be more likely to get busted in a small town because the only thing to do is get hammered.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:24 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk
Anybody putting him in the same category as T.O. and such should stop. Those people don't have this type of problem. I think the theory about rooting for him, or doubting him and guys like him depending on what team they're on has some truth to it, but not with me. I was sad to see what happened in Minnesota. People are talking about him having to hit rock bottom, I think he already has. You don't think he realizes what he's done? Any farther would be killing himself or end up killing somebody else because of this disease. Have some sympathy. People make mistakes in the beginning (starting to drink) and sometimes they lead down a long road like this. You can't act like like he wants it to be this way and you can't act like he is a disgrace to all of us, NFL players are people too.

I want him to be in football, I want him in football now because the fan in me wants him to sign with the Packers. From a well-being stand point, I don't what's best for him right now and who really does know whats best for him right now. If he doesn't have football he might just drink all the time, or he might be rehabing. Who knows what could happen. For what it's worth,(which should be a lot) when he visited Green Bay he spent the majority of his time with Brett Favre, who was addicted to painkillers in 1996, I wonder what they talked about.
don't put him in the same category as Owens? why not? you're giving both of them as many chances as they want/need/can get just because they could improve your football team. i have all the sympathy in the world for an alcoholic who acknowledges the problem and takes steps to prevent it. driving while drunk is NOT even VAGUELY close to attempting to prevent the situation. as far as i'm concerned, DWI's and DUI's are far WORSE than anything Owens has ever done. Owens is scum in the locker room. Robinson attempted to murder someone by getting behind the wheel.

like i said earlier: support all of them or support none of them. if you support everyone's second, third, eighth chance, then great, support robinson's. (keep in mind, this will be his FOURTH chance, not his second.)

really, in all honesty, i think it's borderline pathetic that the guy is even in the NFL anymore. he's been caught 4 times for the exact same thing and has yet to learn his lesson. i've got no idea why people think the fifth time is suddenly the charm. i've got no idea why people want this moron anywhere near their hometown (unless, of course, EVERYONE in your hometown drives 100mph while intoxicated, in which case i'd like to nominate all of you for Darwin awards). Let him hang out in rehab for a couple years, then see if he's worth signing. he's clearly not right now.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:54 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if they do sign him it probably wont be until after the 1st game so they dont have to pay him full salary and can cut him whenever they please.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:11 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:

don't put him in the same category as Owens? why not? you're giving both of them as many chances as they want/need/can get just because they could improve your football team. i have all the sympathy in the world for an alcoholic who acknowledges the problem and takes steps to prevent it. driving while drunk is NOT even VAGUELY close to attempting to prevent the situation. as far as i'm concerned, DWI's and DUI's are far WORSE than anything Owens has ever done. Owens is scum in the locker room. Robinson attempted to murder someone by getting behind the wheel.

like i said earlier: support all of them or support none of them. if you support everyone's second, third, eighth chance, then great, support robinson's. (keep in mind, this will be his FOURTH chance, not his second.)

really, in all honesty, i think it's borderline pathetic that the guy is even in the NFL anymore. he's been caught 4 times for the exact same thing and has yet to learn his lesson. i've got no idea why people think the fifth time is suddenly the charm. i've got no idea why people want this moron anywhere near their hometown (unless, of course, EVERYONE in your hometown drives 100mph while intoxicated, in which case i'd like to nominate all of you for Darwin awards). Let him hang out in rehab for a couple years, then see if he's worth signing. he's clearly not right now.
I only read your first sentence, I'll read the rest later, but the difference is...

Koren has a disease, TO is a disease!!!
Old 09-06-2006, 03:22 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWICGB
sure, absolutely. i just think there's zero difference between a guy who's a jerk and a guy who becomes a jerk because he refuses to acknowledge that he's got a problem.

let me just clarify real quick: it just happens that he was picked up by the packers. i'm certainly not trying to pick on the packers or their fans.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:39 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWICGB
sure, absolutely. i just think there's zero difference between a guy who's a jerk and a guy who becomes a jerk because he refuses to acknowledge that he's got a problem.

let me just clarify real quick: it just happens that he was picked up by the packers. i'm certainly not trying to pick on the packers or their fans.
I know where you are coming from.

As far as I go, I think there is a difference in this situation. Just because he would not be on a team does not mean that he would be in rehab. Hopefully if he does come to GB, he can find strength in Favre, as it was mentioned before, he spent time in rehab.

Quick question, could the Vikings have kept Robinson without him counting on as one of the 53? I personally think if they could have, they should have.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
as far as i'm concerned, DWI's and DUI's are far WORSE than anything Owens has ever done. Owens is scum in the locker room. Robinson attempted to murder someone by getting behind the wheel.
You just answered your own question.

Quote:
Anybody putting him in the same category as T.O. and such should stop. Those people don't have this type of problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I hate Owens as much as most, but these two guys problems are completely different, the only category they belong in together is being wide recievers that have problems and get extra chances. T.O. isn't an alcoholic and isn't putting his life in danger as well as others. Robinson was already in rehab and even went back this summer to help prevent a relapse, well he had one and this is what happened. At this point he's not getting drunk just cause he wants to, it's a mental problem and it's serious. Some people are weak minded and had reasons growing up to start doing things like this, some just make a mistake, who knows why he started. I question whether you've been close to anyone with any type of addiction before. If you have and it was fixed, sometimes it's just a bigger problem than we all think. Some people are fixed right away and some take a long time. I understand where you're coming from. I just think it's too harsh to be saying things like that. It doesn't matter how many chances addicts get, it's if they can beat it, it's obvious he's made a good effort to stop and wasn't successful. At this point you should be hoping he gets better, because nobody in their right mind would want to be in the situation he is. Yeah, you got teams wanting your services, and you're worth $1.1 million but that's not all that matters.

Bosanac01
Old 09-06-2006, 05:47 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

the Packer's could use a full time drunk.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:11 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

So true. I don't mind Koren coming to Packers, as I live far away. Knowing he's on the roads in GB, wouldn't that make some people nervous? And when (not if) he drives drunk again, what's the fall-out from him killing someone on the road?

That being said, at least he'd be going somewhere he'd be a drinking light-weight. The last game I went to at Lambeau involved everyone getting their drunk on at 7 am, having Bloody Mary's, Screwdrivers and beer along with Brats and hamburgers for breakfast. The eating and drinking went on non-stop until the game started at noon. Then Tampa Bay got smacked and Dorsey got hurt on a very hot Septmeber day...
Old 09-06-2006, 08:16 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
"I just have a long history with Koren and wanted to bring him in, have a little chat, see how he's doing," Thompson said Tuesday.

Said McCarthy: "I was impressed with him as a person. It was a good visit. It was a situation where he has strong relationships with some people in the building and we just wanted to sit down and talk with him."

The Packers could sign Robinson even with the suspension hanging over his head because, should he be suspended, he would be able to play while waiting for his appeal to be heard. That tends to be a slow process and Robinson could play the whole season before knowing his fate.

The Packers currently have four wide receivers on the roster. A source said Thompson and his staff are acutely aware of the potential public-relations hit they could take if they sign Robinson, but at the same time, there is a feeling Robinson was on the right path and had a setback, as many alcoholics do.

Word of Robinson's visit came to light because the Packers were required by NFL rules to register his visit with the league office.

Asked if he'd have preferred to have kept Robinson's under wraps, Thompson said, "No, no. If I didn't want it to get out, I wouldn't have brought him in because you have to report it to the league office. I just wanted to see how he was doing. And he seems to be doing fine."
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
i don't want us to sign him. Thompson said he wants "packer people", and i don't see Robinson as a packer person.
Why? He loves to get drunk, seems exactly like a Packer/Wisconsin person to me.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:59 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Re: Koren Robinson to sign with Green Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend

3. Robinson wants some revenge on the Vikings (Twice a Year) [aka LaVar & Owens]
May I ask what the hell Koren wants revenge for? For plucking him out of rehab after he self-imploded in Seattle and giving him a fresh start? For giving him the "Kory Stringer Good Guy Award" and the "Ed Block Award of Courage"? For giving him a multi-million dollar contract? For annointing him a #1 wide receiver?

Koren made his own bed.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:26 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
as far as i'm concerned, DWI's and DUI's are far WORSE than anything Owens has ever done. Owens is scum in the locker room. Robinson attempted to murder someone by getting behind the wheel.
You just answered your own question.

Quote:
Anybody putting him in the same category as T.O. and such should stop. Those people don't have this type of problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I hate Owens as much as most, but these two guys problems are completely different, the only category they belong in together is being wide recievers that have problems and get extra chances. T.O. isn't an alcoholic and isn't putting his life in danger as well as others. Robinson was already in rehab and even went back this summer to help prevent a relapse, well he had one and this is what happened. At this point he's not getting drunk just cause he wants to, it's a mental problem and it's serious. Some people are weak minded and had reasons growing up to start doing things like this, some just make a mistake, who knows why he started. I question whether you've been close to anyone with any type of addiction before. If you have and it was fixed, sometimes it's just a bigger problem than we all think. Some people are fixed right away and some take a long time. I understand where you're coming from. I just think it's too harsh to be saying things like that. It doesn't matter how many chances addicts get, it's if they can beat it, it's obvious he's made a good effort to stop and wasn't successful. At this point you should be hoping he gets better, because nobody in their right mind would want to be in the situation he is. Yeah, you got teams wanting your services, and you're worth $1.1 million but that's not all that matters.
all right, i think we're really agreeing here on most points. i was under the impression you were trying to make koren come off as this perfect angel in comparison to owens. since that's not the case, i think that part of the argument can die.

in regards to koren's alcoholism, absolutely. it's a disease and a serious problem and all that. otoh, i wouldn't recommend that any team sign a guy who's halfway through a stint in a methadone clinic, let alone one who's already relapsed.

he should be taking the money he's made over his career and getting himself taken care of, he should not be "rewarded" for relapsing with another big contract.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:53 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is actually signing or did he sign or are you guys just talking about him?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
No contract offers have been made yet. If GB does decide to sign him it won't be until after the first week when contracts are no longer guaranteed. As far as we all know this last arrest could (and should) have been the rock bottom for Koren and maybe he will turn his life in positive direction from here on. Unless anyone here personally knows Koren it's pretty futile to speculate on his mindset.

Quote:
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
No contract offers have been made yet. If GB does decide to sign him it won't be until after the first week when contracts are no longer guaranteed. As far as we all know this last arrest could (and should) have been the rock bottom for Koren and maybe he will turn his life in positive direction from here on. Unless anyone here personally knows Koren it's pretty futile to speculate on his mindset.
You are a wise descendent of the Great Vince Lombardi my friend.

Bosanac01
Old 09-07-2006, 01:38 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Packers could use the wide reciver help. He would make a good additon to the team. He's number one wide material overall good skills, but problems off the feild.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:18 PM    (permalink
needled24_7
Rookie

needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.

releasing Koren Robinson was the best thing we ever did.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:04 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needled24_7
releasing Koren Robinson was the best thing we ever did.
and drafting him was the worst(im assuming)?

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 02:58 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Koren Robinson to sign with Green Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend

3. Robinson wants some revenge on the Vikings (Twice a Year) [aka LaVar & Owens]
May I ask what the hell Koren wants revenge for? For plucking him out of rehab after he self-imploded in Seattle and giving him a fresh start? For giving him the "Kory Stringer Good Guy Award" and the "Ed Block Award of Courage"? For giving him a multi-million dollar contract? For annointing him a #1 wide receiver?

Koren made his own bed.
Ahhh... But it's always what have you done for me lately. And the Vikings cut him, as they should have IMO. But these guys tend to be so ego-centric he'll think he was in the right, and that Minnetonka was in the wrong.

A shame the team gave him the Kory Stringer award. He's about as worthy as that as Yassir Arafat was in getting the Nobel Peace Prize.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

We should sign him right now. Our kick returning was morbidly obese and we need another wide reciever now.

Bosanac01
Old 09-10-2006, 08:23 PM    (permalink

The packers need some kind of help
Old 09-10-2006, 08:24 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
We should sign him right now. Our kick returning was morbidly obese and we need another wide reciever now.
will another WR really help? i mean, someone's still got to get them the ball.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:26 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
will another WR really help? i mean, someone's still got to get them the ball.

and they need someone to block for whoever is throwing the ball