Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:06 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler will lead Denver to the superbowl!!!!!!!!!

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:09 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Quote:
:roll:

i can't believe enough people think cutler will get in this year that this thread still exists. i HATE plummer and i know cutler isn't ready.
You really don't think there is a chance that Cutler plays SOMETIME this year? Heck, the Denver writers are already calling for him.

It seems like Bronco fans have a love/hate relationship with Plummer, and I wouldn't be shocked if Shanny made a switch later in the season if Plummer continues to play like crap.
name two denver writers who weren't born with half a brain =P

i think we would literally have to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 0-8 before cutler would see any meaningful time.

i wouldn't rule out him getting snaps in a blowout situation (but i think that applies to ANY nfl backup qb), but i HIGHLY doubt he gets in.

shanny knows that if this team is going to have any real degree of success, plummer is the guy who will get us there. also keep in mind that if green is out for any significant stretch of time, KC won't be looked at as a major threat (unless huard turns into brady) and assuming rivers isn't an overnight success, it's conceivable that a team could win the division at 10-6 or even 9-7 (if huard and rivers are much worse than advertised). i can't see shanny giving up on that chance.

also, keep in mind that shanny is a big plummer fan. drafting a QB may not seem like a major vote of confidence, but just two years ago, shanny rewarded plummer with a huge bonus. that was back when plummer was a below average nfl starter.
I 100% agree. Cutler is a QB for the future he's there to learn, not to compete for the starting job. He'll have it in a few years, but your kidding yourself if you think Cutler beats out Plummer.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:10 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Cutler will lead Denver to the superbowl!!!!!!!!!
Every third year. Denver, Miami, Titans, of course Titans draft Earl Bennett by this time and even Young can't mess that up.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:20 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread really just shows what teams think about there 1rst round picks. Most teams are talking about this with there rookie QB's. I know you guys love Cutler, but seriously look at it more closely. Plummer brought you to the AFC championship and finally stoped the freakin Patriots. That is an awesome year. Now he has a bad opener and many Broncos fans are voting for Cutler. Jake has this starting spot and one bad game even 10 bad games arn't gonna take it away from him.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:22 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just so you guys know me and smitty are joking.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:25 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Just so you guys know me and smitty are joking.
Thats still 10 people who don't have faith in Plummer. :(

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 09-11-2006, 09:35 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

plummer is a terrible, terrible nfl quarterback. i hate him more than i've likely hated any other broncos player in my life (though i hate dan reeves more than most other people on earth regardless of football).

but, i still think that he'll turn it around enough to at least make it a worthwhile season.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:36 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
plummer is a terrible, terrible nfl quarterback. i hate him more than i've likely hated any other broncos player in my life (though i hate dan reeves more than most other people on earth regardless of football).

but, i still think that he'll turn it around enough to at least make it a worthwhile season.
Why do you hate him. He took a while to get good but he''s a good QB. What is so worthless about him?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 09-11-2006, 10:08 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan
Quote:

Why do you hate him. He took a while to get good but he''s a good QB. What is so worthless about him?
briefly, he's an idiot. if you pressure him, he makes stupid plays. it's such an obvious problem it's shocking to me that more teams don't just send the farm at him every play. he's not a good decision maker and will almost always make at least two or three bonehead plays per game. this was ok last year because, for whatever reason, the other team rarely took advantage. this is not good in games like the last game in which the other team DOES take advantage.

jake further has never been more than a slightly above average quarterback skill wise. his arm isn't great, he can run a bit, but i wouldn't say he's enough better at that than anyone else to make up for the passing deficiencies.

he's a terrible pocket passer. if he's not out on a bootleg or scrambling, his accuracy is horrible. he still often locks onto one receiver (as in, rod smith on the last int in the rams game).

and really, i don't know that he's all that well respected in the locker room.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:41 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Cutler will definately be playing next year unless Plummer leads them to the Super Bowl. First round QB's don't sit more than two seasons. Look at what happened in San Diego with the Chargers shipping out Drew Brees despite Brees being only 27 and having two very good years.

This year the team belongs to Jake Plummer, one or two games don't decide a season. Especially with the AFC West beginning to look like the NFC West, one good team, a .500 team and two scrubs.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:02 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No he still needs more time to learn.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:52 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft
Cutler will definately be playing next year unless Plummer leads them to the Super Bowl. First round QB's don't sit more than two seasons. Look at what happened in San Diego with the Chargers shipping out Drew Brees despite Brees being only 27 and having two very good years.

This year the team belongs to Jake Plummer, one or two games don't decide a season. Especially with the AFC West beginning to look like the NFC West, one good team, a .500 team and two scrubs.
what in the hell does that have to do with anything? he's a rookie this year, thus, sitting next year wouldn't even really be all that close to "more than two years" unless you have a difficult time counting to two. either way, i'm going to chalk this up to yet another poorly thought out eacantdraft post. so far, you're batting 1.000.