Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-12-2006, 12:55 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs

You can't teach that.... :shock:
Go ahead and give him his MVP award. 8)

*man crush pictures of VY*
I know, his mechanics in those pictures were awesome and he is ready to hop in right now and bring the Titans to the Super Bowl!

P.S. - I was being sarcastic. He's a solid year or two away from being the QB he needs to be in order to play in the NFL.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:45 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no reason to rush Rodgers into starting this year, QBs who have sat for 2 years have tended to do really well. Having Favre in the game at least gives them a chance to win. He may not be the best QB in the league anymore, but there are 15-20 teams that would take him in a heartbeat. He is still a great competitor, he still has a great arm and can make throws that most QBs can only dream of. Yes, he does throw way too many ints, but look who he has to work with... Lets see if he improves now that he will have another decent reciever in Koren Robinson. Don't write the packers off as the worst team in the league, let the line mesh and Favre get the timing with Jennings. They are FAR from a good team, but they aren't the worst in the league.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettosermon
Favre for sure, the Packers are going to be a horrible team no matter what so you might as well get the young guy in, but that will never happen because the Packers wouldn't have the guts to bench him.
I'd love to see the coach that benches favre is his first year as a head coach. people from wisconsin would have his head on a stake. ... PLus favre didn't really play terrible either. He was playing agianst a good defense with inexpirance all around him. The packers have 23 rookies on their roster i think. It's gonna take time before everyone gets onthe same page.

That is BS favre play horrible and you know it. Explain thoes 2 ints please.
Those two INts didn't matter the game was lost by then dude he was trying to make somthing outta nothing. and one was even all his fault it was a blown route by jennings. I'm not saying favre is the number 1 QB in the league, but look at what he's working with,(Inexpiranced players for the most part) seriously get off his nuts and give the man a few games to work with all these new faces before you tell him to throw in the towel.
I'm really getting tired of this SeanTaylor21 cat, he says explains those 2 INT's please, prolly cause he didn't watch the game, you're falling right into this perception that people (mainly Espn) are creating making him look so terrible. I admit I got pissed when he threw those interceptions cause it was just pointless, but he didn't cost us the game. But if he helped turn this thing around and had a great season these same people would be praising him(and i'm not saying tat will happen). But I am sick of it.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:22 PM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

I would put Chris Simms up there on that list.
YoJoeBucsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoJoeBucsFan
Are you a Bucs hater in disguise or something? You're at least incredibly pessimistic.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:25 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma
Quote:
Are you a Bucs hater in disguise or something? You're at least incredibly pessimistic.
if you look at his other posts its definitely a falcons fan
Old 09-12-2006, 06:29 PM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Quote:
That was LOW, I am not pessimistic, I am honest. We played like crap, got our butts handed to us after we had all preseason to get things fixed. This offseason was not good, we drafted a couple of stiffs for offensive linemen. I see things being no better next week either unless they magically learn how to block.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:30 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That was LOW, I am not pessimistic, I am honest. We played like crap, got our butts handed to us after we had all preseason to get things fixed. This offseason was not good, we drafted a couple of stiffs for offensive linemen. I see things being no better next week either unless they magically learn how to block.
dont see how you can call joseph a stiff. hes gonna be a STUD,
Old 09-12-2006, 06:36 PM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
dont see how you can call joseph a stiff. hes gonna be a STUD,
I hope you're right, I saw nothing in preseason and I never did see a thing while he was at OU to warrant a 1st round pick for him. But I guess King Jon must have fallen for him.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:54 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is time for the G-Men to go to Jerod Lorenzon.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:55 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it is time for the G-Men to go to Jerod Lorenzon.
Then bench Tiki for Brandon Jacobs. The I-Swolemation, baby.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tough call between Favre and Plummer. That's based on the ability of the backup though. If it were based on starter ability, Bledsoe would be the first one benched.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:29 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get Andrew Walter in there 8)
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:33 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People need to stop hating on Favre, if Aaron Rodgers goes in they won't win any more games than with Favre. Favre plays to win which most people just can't handle because it means bad stats! Big deal, he protected the ball for the entire game against Chicago but in the end when he realized that their only chance was taking shots down field he tried and got picked off twice.

The first qb I would bench is not on this list and is named Kerry Collins. I would put Volek in. Even though everyone thinks he's terrible now after a bad preseason showing, he was good when he was a starter and deserves a chance this season. He at least can't be worse than Kerry Collins.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:58 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is the worst thread i've seen in awhile,mainly because of the options on the poll.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:24 AM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

Farve should be, but it'll never happen. You cant bench Farve in Green Bay. I think the Admin wanted him to retire and were somewhat upset when he didnt. But if you bench Farve and Rogers comes in and struggles then you would look like more of a bonehead than when you benched him.
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:26 AM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
People need to stop hating on Favre, if Aaron Rodgers goes in they won't win any more games than with Favre. Favre plays to win which most people just can't handle because it means bad stats! Big deal, he protected the ball for the entire game against Chicago but in the end when he realized that their only chance was taking shots down field he tried and got picked off twice.

The first qb I would bench is not on this list and is named Kerry Collins. I would put Volek in. Even though everyone thinks he's terrible now after a bad preseason showing, he was good when he was a starter and deserves a chance this season. He at least can't be worse than Kerry Collins.
True. But they arent going to win that many WITH farve either. SO you might as well find out what you have in Aaron Rogers.
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:12 AM    (permalink
my future me
Veteran

my future me hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detknowitall
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06

True. But they arent going to win that many WITH farve either. SO you might as well find out what you have in Aaron Rogers.
Farve. He can't play. He was feeling pressure and rushing throws when there was nobody near him. Green Bay needs to find out what Aaron Rogers has and get him some experience playing.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:25 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well how could they block when both there starting OGs were out in that game?
Old 09-13-2006, 02:56 PM    (permalink
intergalacticspacemonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
This is the worst thread i've seen in awhile,mainly because of the options on the poll.

This poll was made before the debacle of a game by Aaron Brooks.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:04 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intergalacticspacemonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777

This poll was made before the debacle of a game by Aaron Brooks.
and clearly Aarron Brooks is horrible.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:53 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

get jay cutler out there!!!

though getting him in this early will make or break his career.... a la kyle boller

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Favre for sure, the Packers are going to be a horrible team no matter what so you might as well get the young guy in, but that will never happen because the Packers wouldn't have the guts to bench him.
I'd love to see the coach that benches favre is his first year as a head coach. people from wisconsin would have his head on a stake. ... PLus favre didn't really play terrible either. He was playing agianst a good defense with inexpirance all around him. The packers have 23 rookies on their roster i think. It's gonna take time before everyone gets onthe same page.

Your lack of knowledge ceases to amaze me. You didn't even watch the game did you.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:55 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin
get jay cutler out there!!!

though getting him in this early will make or break his career.... a la kyle boller

Plummer did worse last year on the game opener vs. the dolphins and then had a great year,..why put a rookie in and call it quits? :?
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:06 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Your lack of knowledge ceases to amaze me. You didn't even watch the game did you.
Ok here's what happened, Favre was having a decent game, he wasn't making many mistakes which is all you can really ask of the Packers against the Bears. Near the end of the game (once it was 26-0 I believe) Favre tried to get the team back in the game or at least score some points, so he went for it and he got picked off twice. I'm sorry, but I respect Favre for that. I like a qb who cares more about winning than his stats. Damage control is not the job of a qb. When you're losing you should try to win! Not limit your risks so you don't potentially lose by more. Don't throw out Favre's accomplishments just because of what happened near the end of the game.