Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 05-21-2007, 02:38 AM    (permalink
big daddy russ
Rookie

big daddy russ is a cocksman.big daddy russ is a cocksman.big daddy russ is a cocksman.big daddy russ is a cocksman.big daddy russ is a cocksman.
Default Chances of landing Paul Oliver?

Anyone heard anything out of the Texans' camp concerning Paul Oliver? I know we just drafted Bennett (and I'm as high on Bennett as anyone), but what are the chances that the Houston brass throw a third- or fourth-rounder into the hat for a chance at Oliver in the supplemental draft?

Maybe move one or the other back to FS (though I'm not sure either is ideally a FS).
big daddy russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we were to get Oliver we would probably try to move him to safety assuming Bennett does as well as we expect. Bennett has got a relatively big frame for a CB, but his run support isn't strong enough to play safety. He gets it done at CB but I don't know how successful he would be at safety. Oliver seems more like a safety of the two based on build.

I don't expect the Texans will bid a third round pick, which is what it will take to get him IMO. I doubt that no one would outbid us if we bid our fourth. I would rather us draft a true safety next season if that is what our intention would be with Oliver. We have plenty of time, the building blocks of our defense are young.

Last edited by cunningham06 : 05-21-2007 at 03:32 PM.
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
If we were to get Oliver we would probably try to move him to safety assuming Bennett does as well as we expect. Bennett has got a relatively big frame for a CB, but his run support isn't strong enough to play safety. He gets it done at CB but I don't know how successful he would be at safety. Oliver seems more like a safety of the two based on build.

I don't expect the Texans will bid a third round pick, which is what it will take to get him IMO. I doubt that no one would outbid us if we bid our fourth. I would rather us draft a true safety next season if that is what our intention would be with Oliver. We have plenty of time, the building blocks of our defense are young.
Oliver was a top D player available, I don't think a 4th would get him. I say 3rd is possible, second seems to be where he should go if he tests well. If he had kept his level of play up from his junior year, we'd be looking at a top 15 pick.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Oliver was a top D player available, I don't think a 4th would get him. I say 3rd is possible, second seems to be where he should go if he tests well. If he had kept his level of play up from his junior year, we'd be looking at a top 15 pick.
"I doubt that no one would outbid us if we bid our fourth"

I don't think a fourth would either, as evidenced right above. ^ 3rd I would be alright with, and we don't have a 2nd to bid because of Schaub.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No way would a fourth get it. 3rd-2nd is where it is at.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

""I doubt that no one would outbid us if we bid our fourth"

I don't think a fourth would either, as evidenced right above."

I don't understand how that means that. I'm very confused. You say If we bid our 4th, you doubt anyone would outbid us. But then you say that statement means you dont think a 4th would get him. Whatever.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
""I doubt that no one would outbid us if we bid our fourth"

I don't think a fourth would either, as evidenced right above."

I don't understand how that means that. I'm very confused. You say If we bid our 4th, you doubt anyone would outbid us. But then you say that statement means you dont think a 4th would get him. Whatever.
He means that he doubts that a fourth would get him. It should be worded "I think that someone would outbid us if we bid our fourth."
Old 05-24-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Too many double negatives, I probably should have reworded it. I said that I doubt that there wouldn't be anyone who would put forth more than our 4th round pick meaning if we bid our 4th we would be outbid.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

oh my bad, for some reason i read no one as anyone, or thought of it the same way because thats just always how I hear things.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Nightmares Win 6-0
Rookie

Nightmares Win 6-0 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Chances of landing Paul Oliver?
slim and none...
Nightmares Win 6-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmares Win 6-0 View Post
slim and none...
I really doubt we go for him either unless its a 4th or lower. I cant see us giving up a 3rd and then only have one day one pick next year.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I really doubt we go for him either unless its a 4th or lower. I cant see us giving up a 3rd and then only have one day one pick next year.
Ya I like him at 4th, not at 3rd.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

i just have a little feeling that you guys wont get him;)

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
i just have a little feeling that you guys wont get him;)
duhhhhhhhh