Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-13-2006, 10:13 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know you guys are harping a lot on the transition from RT to LT, but I think the fact that he was never able to beat out below average Barry Sims for the LT job says a lot.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
I know you guys are harping a lot on the transition from RT to LT, but I think the fact that he was never able to beat out below average Barry Sims for the LT job says a lot.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:03 PM    (permalink
raiderfan_89
Pro Bowler

raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984
I wouldn’t use the word bust he has allowed 6 sacks in 2 seasons this is his 3rd season and his 3rd O-line coach his 2nd head coach and has played Guard and RT and is now finally playing LT and needs to learn all over again..

He is having a bad preseason that’s true but I wouldn’t label him a bust just yet.
you also need to put in the 20 false starts
Old 09-14-2006, 03:36 AM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Raiders tend to get the ****** end of the stick with there number 2 picks .... remember Darrell Russell he was a number 2 pick after Orlando Pace and he was such a bust and from the looks after this MN Game gallery plus the whole teams offense of line is a bust. Raiders should leave it up to this year if Gallery doesnt pan out half way as expected trade him before he doesnt accquire anymore value at all. Oh well im slowly getting used to the raiders suckin as long as i remember since the 90s even alot of those late 90 years they sucked and time and time they suck now too....exception of the Gruden Years which were short lived. Sometimes hard for me to beleive that as long Al is under control of this team the raiders really wont ever find there glory that they had back in the 70s 80s. I hope im wrong though....
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:05 AM    (permalink
Stufazz
Veteran

Stufazz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wouldnt say he is a bust. Becuase he is good enough to start. However he was not the Left Tackle franchise player everyone expected. He will be a RT starter

Hitman D for the sweet sig
Stufazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:38 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanSaint
he kept under hist expactions, he will be nothing special, no future hall of famer as i predicted.
What a stupid comment. :?
why ? time is running , they gave him a lot of credit and predict him to be a ( sure ) future hall of famer , well at this point he is far away from it , he isnt really awful but he should start handling D-Line men and should use his "ultra" technique , he is soft , so was jeff faine and i predict so will be d´brick. in these days the maulers on OT have the better games.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:35 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's not a bust he has switched back and forth at postions, we gotta give him some time. He was pitiful Monday night he basically said come on in Merriman sack the quarterback.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:10 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
Quote:
he kept under hist expactions, he will be nothing special, no future hall of famer as i predicted.
What a stupid comment. :?
why ? time is running , they gave him a lot of credit and predict him to be a ( sure ) future hall of famer , well at this point he is far away from it , he isnt really awful but he should start handling D-Line men and should use his "ultra" technique , he is soft , so was jeff faine and i predict so will be d´brick. in these days the maulers on OT have the better games.
While D'Brick may not be a mauler, he is a much better technician than Gallery is.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im still sticking to my guns and giving him this season to prove himself. But I did notice one thing that should be of major concern.

He is out of shape. He's fat, slow, and lacking strength now. He doesn't look like the Gallery that came out of college, no way. I think his work ethic has gone to the toilet since he joined Oakland, and because of that he is not producing. I blame that on Gallery, and also the Raiders. They just have a bad organization right now from top to bottom. Poor coaching and poor attitude will rub off on players, and it seems like Gallery got complacent once the check came in the mail. Im still holding out hope, but it doesn't look good right now. Im still gonna give him till the end of the year though.

And having a real coach might help him out too...
Old 09-14-2006, 01:36 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Im still sticking to my guns and giving him this season to prove himself. But I did notice one thing that should be of major concern.

He is out of shape. He's fat, slow, and lacking strength now. He doesn't look like the Gallery that came out of college, no way. I think his work ethic has gone to the toilet since he joined Oakland, and because of that he is not producing. I blame that on Gallery, and also the Raiders. They just have a bad organization right now from top to bottom. Poor coaching and poor attitude will rub off on players, and it seems like Gallery got complacent once the check came in the mail. Im still holding out hope, but it doesn't look good right now. Im still gonna give him till the end of the year though.

And having a real coach might help him out too...
I still think that if Gallery went to NY, Coughlin would have made him a great left tackle. I never agreed with the Boselli comparisons, as Boselli is one of the best to ever play the game, but it looks like what Gallery needed was a taskmaster like Coughlin.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bust or not I think we can all agree he is way over paid.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:50 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
Of course you can say that in hindsight, but he was the #2 overall pick.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:56 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
Wow another great comment.

And saying he didn't beat out Sims for the LT spot is being ignorant, the coaches didn't put him at RT because Sims was playing well on the left side and never even put him on the left side. Who is better Jordan Gross or Travelle Wharton?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:08 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My concern with Gallery is he doesn't have the arm length of a typical elite LT - 32 1/4 inches. Ferguson has 35 1/2, I think Pace has something like 38 inches and Alex Barron came out with 39 1/2 or something.

This, IMO, can be a big deal if he lacks exceptional lateral movement. Someone like Ferguson who is very quick on his feet may not have problems with a shorter arm length, but I see Gallery as a power LT and I think arm length is more important for guys of his nature, as they need to get to the DE before the DE gets around them, and the shorter your arms, the closer they can get before contact.

IMO, this *could* be a concern as the NFL is about speed rushing DE and OLB's these days. If you don't have exceptionally quick feet, you better have some long arms, and Gallery seems to have neither. Maybe he'd be better off at OG?
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:10 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

i still think its to early
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:34 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Yeah I would say he's a bust...he should be solid at the very least...and I can't say that I believe that he's solid.

He got absolutely torched by Merriman on 1 of his sacks...he pushed him back a yard and then just blew by him.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you are drafted 2nd overall, you are expected to be an elite NFL Left Tackle. He doesn't have the arm length or athleticism to be such. At best he can be a solid RT.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:31 PM    (permalink
raiderfan_89
Pro Bowler

raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
It wasn't that he couldn't beat him out,they moved Gallery instantly,thinking he could play there a yr or 2 so that he could transition,but obviously it didn't work.He isn't a bust, but I feel if he doesn't start getting some pankcakes and opening up some holes for the original LJ ,he is gonzo.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:54 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Robert Gallery (calf) will be out at least two-to-three weeks.

Oakland's left tackle wasn't successful in halting San Diego's pass rush in Week 1 and replacement Chad Slaughter isn't likely to fare much better versus the Ravens this Sunday. It's terrible news for all Raiders skill players and a team that was embarrassed late Monday night. Sep. 14 - 8:55 pm et

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's really shocking about Gallery is how much his technique has gone to **** since he was drafted. I don't know if people remember him as Iowa well, but this kid was amazingly sound technically when he got drafted.

Truth be told, I'm stumped by the whole thing. I'm gonna give Gallery until week 10 to show some improvement (the injury complicates things), then I'm gonna write him off.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
The Raiders could be without Robert Gallery for three weeks after the starting left tackle was diagnosed with a pulled calf muscle, Oakland head coach Art Shell said Thursday.
Not good.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:49 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i voted bust.

if you use the #2 overall pick on an o-lineman, you expect him to be among the elite tackles in the game. this is his 3rd year and he got thrown around like a rag doll...meanwhile, aaron brooks is their qb when the coulda had rivers or big ben...and they're desperate for a WR and they coulda had fitz or roy williams. sean taylor would help that D and be a perfect fit for the raiders.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
i voted bust.
if you use the #2 overall pick on an o-lineman, you expect him to be among the elite tackles in the game. this is his 3rd year and he got thrown around like a rag doll...meanwhile, aaron brooks is their qb when the coulda had rivers or big ben...and they're desperate for a WR and they coulda had fitz or roy williams. sean taylor would help that D and be a perfect fit for the raiders.
I thought for sure they would take Fitz I'am glad they passed.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:18 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Once agin it's still too early to wheather or not he is a bust or not. I do agree he is way to over payed.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
i voted bust.

The Raiders keep passing on franchise Quarterbacks. :roll:

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote