Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 07-07-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
M
Rookie

M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default "Oh my God they killed Kenny, those bast!@#$"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2928032

Denver Broncos defensive end Kenny Peterson has been suspended without pay for violating the NFL's steroid policy, the team said Friday.
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:12 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2928032

Denver Broncos defensive end Kenny Peterson has been suspended without pay for violating the NFL's steroid policy, the team said Friday.
Kenny who?

hmm... the off season seems more boring than usual. I guess it's just because our off-season last season entailed a rookie future franchise caller. Come on seasonnnnnn

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn i thought the Denver and titans Monday night game was here in Nashville, i found out a few days ago it was in Denver, I'm going to go cry in a corner now :(

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
M
Rookie

Smith's bum hip making slow progress as WR misses minicamp - retire?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2932331
Old 07-10-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
did you really want to watch cutler shatter vince young's throwing confidence in person? the tears on young's cheeks will look so much better on tv.
As well as the poopstain on the back of his pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
M
Rookie

Default Sam Brandon suspended for the start of the season

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2935411

I thought at least 1 of the cases was dismissed. If so, two games for one misd. conviction seems very inconsistent with other suspensions previously handed down. Not condoning actions or domestic violence just concerned about a visible level of consistency.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

havent checked out my teams thread for a few monts thought id stop by...

im highly considering saving up for some broncos tix.. take my dad to a game.. probably be whichever game is on the road for us against the following teams: vikings lions or bears..any other teams close to wi were i reside
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

Top breakout: Jay Cutler, Denver
Reach 3,200 yards or 24 TDs

Indicative of his keen passing and big-play arm, Cutler threw for two touchdowns in each of his first four contests. His five-game totals of 1,001 yards and nine scores projects to 3,203 yards and 29 touchdowns. However, he will need to reduce his propensity for fumbling after losing two of eight fumbles. But a full off-season, training camp and preseason as Denver's starting quarterback will help him establish a greater rapport with wideouts Javon Walker, Rod Smith and Brandon Marshall, and tight ends Tony Scheffler and Daniel Graham. Add that defenses must respect one of the league's best running games, and Cutler will take advantage of many single coverages to produce big plays downfield.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2935411

I thought at least 1 of the cases was dismissed. If so, two games for one misd. conviction seems very inconsistent with other suspensions previously handed down. Not condoning actions or domestic violence just concerned about a visible level of consistency.
According to the Denver post, he is expected to be released very soon. He apparently hasn't recovered from his surgery, and will likely not play until 2008.

source
Old 07-25-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

is foxworth gonna be starting opposite lynch then
Old 07-25-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdw27 View Post
is foxworth gonna be starting opposite lynch then
No, it will be Ferguson. Cox and Abdullah will be the backups.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

so foxworth gonna play like nickel corner or 3rd string
Old 07-27-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

He'll be the nickel.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
M
Rookie

Default Moss signed

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2952736

now put on some weight and start sacking QBs
Old 07-30-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

Quote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2952736

now put on some weight and start sacking QBs
I saw some pics from training camp and he still looks real thin, despite his comments that he's around 270-275 lbs.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7083432

almost makes you wanna cry
Old 08-12-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ohh im soo hyped up for us this season. i think we have a shot at the superbowl.. im not even kidding. yea theres a lot of hype about the pats n colts, but i think as an underdog team we wont have that bullseye on our back like the colts do. we have so much talent on both sides of the ball... man i am SOOO pumped
Old 08-12-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdw27 View Post
ohh im soo hyped up for us this season. i think we have a shot at the superbowl.. im not even kidding. yea theres a lot of hype about the pats n colts, but i think as an underdog team we wont have that bullseye on our back like the colts do. we have so much talent on both sides of the ball... man i am SOOO pumped
Yeah dude. Our offense is young, but extremely talented. I don't wanna seem like a homer, but...

Javon Walker is excellent and not 30 yet. Brandon Marshall is incredibly underrated, he is big, fast and makes incredible catches(see Cincy game). Tony Scheffler, statistically, was the NFL's best TE in December. While he isn't the best in the NFL, he is pretty damn good, and developed a great chemistry with Cutler last year. And that brings us to Cutler. Let's be honest with ourselves. If he completed 59% of his passes with an 88 rating and almost 2 TDs per INT and nearly 2 TDs per game three years from now, would we be dissapointed? I wouldn't. Well, he did that in his rookie year. The only rookie QB to throw more TDs than picks. And almost twice as many, at that. With a rookie 6th round LT and an inconsistent running game. We get Lepsis back, and add Henry, the offense has the potential to be unstoppable. Of course, knowing my luck, Cutler will turn out to be a bust and our offense will suck. The powers above find it fun to toy with me sometimes. Bastards.

And on D, we are getting older in the secondary unfortunately. We had a strength in two good, young CBs under Champ but obviously now we don't. We also lost our defensive leader, although Lynch will step in well. Unfortunately, he was also our best LB. I don't doubt though that Williams can perform admirably, hopefully Gold plays well and whoever plays SAM can also do well. But, our perennial weakness is potentially going to be our biggest strength in a year or so. Marcus Thomas and Jarvis Moss were huge risks, but if they pan out, could be two of the better players at their positions. Add Tim Crowder, much safer, and a very solid base end, and our DL could be deadly. Or suck. Depending on Thomas and Moss. But I have high hopes, since I'm a homer. So our options are simple: Have a great offense and a good defense(as it all starts in the trenches), have a great offense and a great defense(I'm a homer), or have the Gods hate me and have a ****** offense and defense. I'm hoping it's not the latter. It's definitely an exciting time to be a Broncos fan.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-13-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
I don't doubt though that Williams can perform admirably, hopefully Gold plays well and whoever plays SAM can also do well.
I'm crossing my fingers. LB, which has been a strength in the past, is a question mark right now... and it is something that really needs to be addressed in the next draft (a stud strongside backer should be at the top of the team's wish list).

Quote:
or have the Gods hate me and have a ****** offense and defense. I'm hoping it's not the latter. It's definitely an exciting time to be a Broncos fan.
The Gods like to curse rookie/sophmore starting QBs. Consider it their version of hazing. The problem is sometimes they take it too far and leave the player a broken mess (see Tim Couch). Hopefully Cutler can produce this year despite this divine adversity...
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

haha not to be a homer but..

jay cutler - PRIMED for a breakout.. so much hype about him
travis henry - lofa tatupu projects him to have 1600 yds... ill take it
javon walker - huge diverse playmaker very effective receiver
brandon marshall - underrated and comes up big, good hands/height
rod smith - um hes rod smith. nuff said
tony scheffler/daniel graham - two great te's that will give us weapons in double te sets as well as depth
o-line - ha its denver broncos o line. top unit
d-line - deff our weakness, but getting stronger.
dj - has biig shoes to fill for al wilson. but i think hes gonna overfill those.. i seriously think he has potential to be as good as wilson.
ian gold - just needs to be solid. make tackles, hit down passes.
champ bailey - ha just needs the ball thrown to him haha
dre bly - cant let his guard down with champ on the other side
lynch - needs to play a role as a leader, keep up the big hits

all that said.. lets look at our division. no hype about ANY other teams.
Raiders - #1 pick (unsigned?) Jamarcus Russell. (bust)
Chargers - no hype even with lt coming off a hall of fame year
Chiefs - eh nothin major
Old 08-19-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

Ekuban is likely gone for the season after suffering a torn achilles tendon against Dallas. This is a huge loss, in my opinion, as Eb was a definite starter and is one of the few ends on our team that excels against the run. Crowder and Moss will have to step up, and considering they are both hobbled by injuries, things are not looking good for the Broncos' defense. It's looking like 06 all over again..
Old 08-20-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCutlery View Post
Ekuban is likely gone for the season after suffering a torn achilles tendon against Dallas. This is a huge loss, in my opinion, as Eb was a definite starter and is one of the few ends on our team that excels against the run. Crowder and Moss will have to step up, and considering they are both hobbled by injuries, things are not looking good for the Broncos' defense. It's looking like 06 all over again..
We looked like sh*t against Dallas. I know Dallas is a great team, but we looked awful. Our team looked lost and dazed. We better get our act together or we're not making the playoffs. It's the same old story really... can't stop teams on 3rd downs.. cant convert 3rd downs either.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Jay Cutler knows what he's doing. If he sucks in preseason, he'll take everyone by surprise when he throws 160 TDs during the season :).

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-20-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question. Who is gonna start for Ekuban this saturday vs. the Browns, Dumervil, Moss, or someone else? I think it's quite obvious that Moss will eventually be there starting at RDE during the regular season, but who is gonna be the immediate replacement.

Also, as much as I dislike Denver, would like to say I'm sad for you guys about Ekuban being out for the year, he was the one D-Lineman who we gave you guys that I was sad to see go. He is a good, classy player, and I hope he gets back to the field as soon as he can.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:46 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey do you think you guys could tell me how Henry is doing? Do you think the injury will be an issue?