Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-14-2006, 07:41 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.
Default Best Running Blocking FB Ever?

who was the best FB ever , thou maybe not really on this site , i feel like they dont get there full credit , so who was the best FB ever?
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:42 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

the worst ever is damien barnes for the dolphins...he was terrible against pitt...

Blocking, receiving or all around?

Jim Brown
Old 09-14-2006, 07:43 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thah0ward2
Blocking, receiving or all around?
make that Run Blocking
Old 09-14-2006, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Running blocking or both?
Old 09-14-2006, 07:44 PM    (permalink

Larry Centers was a beast
Old 09-14-2006, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Great at both? Keith Byars was awesome. He dominates Pepper Johnson.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:45 PM    (permalink

Sam Gash comes to mind if its blocking
Old 09-14-2006, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sam Gash comes to mind
Gash was definitely a beast. How about Moose Johnston?
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:47 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Quote:
Sam Gash comes to mind
Gash was definitely a beast. How about Moose Johnston?
those would be the 2 best I have ever seen play
Old 09-14-2006, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Richardson has to be on the best blocking list.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Byars was a real good blocker but not best ever, I mentioned him when I thought this thread was best all around FB.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:10 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

well i totaly mess up cause i but people then i click posted someone voted right away and i could not add or edit
Old 09-14-2006, 08:13 PM    (permalink

I dont know about blocking wise but there wasnt ever a better reciving RB or FB than larry centers....826 receptions where the hell does he rank on the all time list
Old 09-14-2006, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Neal has to be at least mentioned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:20 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
to late but yes he should be
Old 09-14-2006, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Jim Brown
Good thing he rarely blocked. Just because his set position was fullback, and he was a great runner doesn't mean he was a great blocker.

I believe they use to use split backs a lot with him anyway, so he'd lead with the ball.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:47 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_VIlma
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Jim Brown
Good thing he rarely blocked. Just because his set position was ***********, and he was a great runner doesn't mean he was a great blocker.

I believe they use to use split backs a lot with him anyway, so he'd lead with the ball.
at 1st this thread was the greatest FB not Run Blocking
Old 09-14-2006, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Look at all the runners he blocked for and how they did. He's really the best of our day.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:57 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no one close to Moose Johnston in the last 20 years, at least. That's about how long I've been watching football, and I've never seen a guy who controlled the running lanes like he did. Before that, I don't know.

Besides him, I like both Gash and Neal. Centers was worthless as a lead blocker, though he was pretty damn good recieving.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:00 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Moose Johnston

if you want to vote for him vote Keith Byars
Old 09-14-2006, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

which Sam Gash to vote for???

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:02 AM    (permalink
The Fat Kid
Pro Bowler

The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid

jim brown, easily

sig by CalBears99
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
I HAVE ISSUES!
The Fat Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:15 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joey Goodspeed