Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 12 preseason games that might be worth watching

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10253571

Not a bad write up, clearly its a slow news day.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

hmm wonder if moss will even play
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like #12 but the Colts/Bengals final preseason game is always terrible to watch because none of the starters play for either team now. Seriously, I'm hardcore but this game is extra hard to watch.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lord knows I'll watch any football game that is on TV. I'm craving some football.
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its really stupid that i cant watch the hall of fame game cuz ill be at football camp
=(
Old 07-15-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Lord knows I'll watch any football game that is on TV. I'm craving some football.
same here...

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I Honestly cannot wait for any football to start. i normally dont buy madden the first month it comes out, but i think i will just because im going thro withdrawals. I cant wait for the colts vs the saints, game one. i think that will be a nice treat to kick off the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
hmm wonder if moss will even play
hmm wonder if i even care

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am completely shocked that the Bucs even made the list. Thank you Patriots.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's not a whole lot to get excited about on the first half of that list, except maybe Trent Green's return to KC. The other four games don't offer me much in terms of storyline - Brady & McNabb won't see much time in those games, and the others are just debuts. I don't care about Vick's first 2007 appearance, and the new head coaches aren't going to be giving away anything.

#6, #8, and maybe #10 are the only ones I'd actually think to tune into, personally.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
M
Rookie

M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default UGH

Yes, most of these games will blow but look at it a different way. If any of these games were on tonight, would you not watch them? Exactly.

These games do not have such compelling story lines, they are simply games being played.

Right now we only have MLS (yeah David - give me a break) or MLB (who cares) or WNBA (I think the regular season is underway but I really have no idea), or the tour de france (the most impressive thing is how the announcers can actually talk for 6 hours straight about interesting things that has little to do with the race itself). I would watch a live feed from an NFL training camp on the NFL network over any of these shows.
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to see some progression in the offense of the Panthers game to game. That and whoever is playing the SS position do well.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:40 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, according this guy there are no Saints pre-season games worth watching.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:51 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno why but I like to see the second and third stringers. There's a couple of guys every game who are a level above the rest but not quite good enough who tear people apart

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:02 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ATL has 3 / 4 games on there heh...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:19 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only reason I care about the preseason is injuries and position battles. Otherwise, the coaches tend not to try that much. I know that Andy Reid doesn't gameplan at all for these things.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:33 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The way the NFL is sructured today, their is only one preseason game worth watching for each team and that is usually the 4th game. With a 16 game schedule, injuries are too common for any HC to play his regulars more than 1 full game during the exhibition season and that is usually the 4th exhibition game. Other than that, you are very lucky to see the regulars start for more than 1 quarter and that only starts to happens around the 3rd exhibition game. So if you like to watch a bunch of nobodies playing against a bunch of nobodies, the exhibition games are the place. Every HC knows the games mean nothing and basically are protecting their starters from injury before the season starts.The only teams that might risk playing their starters a bit more, are teams that had losing records. They may be in a ticket sale crunch and need to look good or they may be breaking in a new HC with a completely new scheme who is trying to acquaint his regulars to these new schemes. The risk of injury in pro football is so great that only a very foolish HC would expose his players to preseason punishment for more than 1 game and a couple of other quarters. In today's game, the 1st 2 games of the regular season are used to get teams up to snuff for the remaining 14 games.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
The way the NFL is sructured today, their is only one preseason game worth watching for each team and that is usually the 4th game. With a 16 game schedule, injuries are too common for any HC to play his regulars more than 1 full game during the exhibition season and that is usually the 4th exhibition game. Other than that, you are very lucky to see the regulars start for more than 1 quarter and that only starts to happens around the 3rd exhibition game. So if you like to watch a bunch of nobodies playing against a bunch of nobodies, the exhibition games are the place. Every HC knows the games mean nothing and basically are protecting their starters from injury before the season starts.The only teams that might risk playing their starters a bit more, are teams that had losing records. They may be in a ticket sale crunch and need to look good or they may be breaking in a new HC with a completely new scheme who is trying to acquaint his regulars to these new schemes. The risk of injury in pro football is so great that only a very foolish HC would expose his players to preseason punishment for more than 1 game and a couple of other quarters. In today's game, the 1st 2 games of the regular season are used to get teams up to snuff for the remaining 14 games.
Actually, the 3rd is the game that the starters play the most. The 4th is one in which the starters hardly play, if they even suit up.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post
same here...
Guys..

You can find sites to download the games.

I have the last 2 full Steeler Seasons.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:32 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well im probably in the minority, but i get alot of joy out of watching the pre-season games...alot of the guys who get the work in those games are guys i knew, or friends, or just the lower tier players trying to make the team...I guess just growing up thru high school and college and knowing what its like to try and train and improve to get on the level to where you can make an NFL team, it interest me to see the level of play those guys play at...

im interested in how Travis Wilson plays for the Browns, he was in our district in high school and a very hard worker, i think he will be great for them but most of his playing time will be preseason...

so no it doesnt bother me i dont get to see much of steve smith, chad johnson, and the pro bowlers, but i see the guys around the bottom of the depth chart fighting for a roster spot, and it intrigues me to see what type of level those guys are on, so i watch ALL the preseason games i can, and in full at that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
The NFL Network's replays of recent games has been great lately. I caught Colts/Chiefs and Packer/Raiders last week. They play the original broadcast with network commentators, but they cut out all the dead space in between plays.

Similar to Direct TV's replays during the season where the condense a full game into 30 minutes.
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Guys..

You can find sites to download the games.

I have the last 2 full Steeler Seasons.
where at?????
Old 07-17-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's NFL football, I'll watch every second.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a lot of teams will be tuning in to Chargers' preseason games, because LT doesn't play; it will be a showcasing of Michael Turner.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote