Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-18-2006, 02:54 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess you're right, it wouldn't be easy going out there after three consecutive three and outs to try and stop an offense.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:09 AM    (permalink
IBleedNavyandOrange
Rookie

IBleedNavyandOrange hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedNavyandOrange
Baltimore is looking very intimidating right now, while the Bears are struggling to get consistent pressure on the QB, the defensive backfield isn't gelling quite yet (though it seems to be improved over last year), and the unit as a whole isn't tackling well.
I don't understand this pressure argument. We have 9 sacks in 2 games. How much pressure do you want? They were in both Favre and Kitna's faces the last two weeks.
As I bolded above, consistent pressure. In the Detroit game especially, there were way too many plays when the QB had a lot of time to check down, and the receivers had a lot of time to find openings in the zones. Plus, a lot of the successs the Bears have had so far has been at the edges, allowing the QB to step up and avoid the pressure. I'd like to see a bigger push up front from Tommie... but then, I think he's been drawing a lot of double-teams.

A big part of it is me seeing a 2-0 team whose defense has allowed all of 7 points, and knowing that the D isn't playing up to its potential--which it will need to do to beat teams other than GB and Detroit.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:16 AM    (permalink
IBleedNavyandOrange
Rookie

IBleedNavyandOrange hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
Ravens stats in 2 weeks

Tackles - 114
(49 Tackles - Week One)
(65 Tackles - Week Two)
Tackles is the stat you're using to impress???

You realize that the only plays that don't end in a tackle are incompletions, out-of-bounds, and touchdowns. So comparing team defenses by means of total tackles makes no sense. Individual players can be compared by tackle counts, but not team defenses.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:56 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
Ravens stats in 2 weeks

Interception - 6
Fumbles - 5
Sacks - 9
Tackles - 114
(49 Tackles - Week One)
(65 Tackles - Week Two)
Add a safety to that list
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 01:43 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Balitomre they have been looking pretty damn good latly.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im a broncos fan...but common facts

they have been the most redzone tested and how many Td's....NONE

they havent played scrub offences...if anything they have played 2 of the best...and how many TD's NONE
Old 09-18-2006, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56
im a broncos fan...but common facts

they have been the most redzone tested and how many Td's....NONE

they havent played scrub offences...if anything they have played 2 of the best...and how many TD's NONE
Actually they have played two teams with "scrub offenses". In the past the Rams and Chiefs may have had good offenses, but so far this year that is not the case.

The Broncos defense is pretty good, but don't be such a homer. Denver still has way too many questions about its front four to be called a top 5 D.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ATL deserves more credit...they played 2 solid teams already....their secondary has a major improvement, their DE's are arguably the best tandom in the league and they have a great lb corp....

no one is on the level of the bears i dont care what you say...

#1 you have to take into consideration its the same unit as last year, the one that was already great, that means the unit gets to gel together, everyone has played together before so its not alot of new players trying to make it work...

#2 they drafted for more defense in the draft, meaning players get rest, and hester and manning was brilliant, adds speed and athleticism to their secondary that was already stout

now the ravens are always gonnabe up their when their healthy...because of ray lewis and ed reed, thats enough to almost vault them ahead of the bears because of their 2 superstars, BUT their D line is not as strong as chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:14 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat
ATL deserves more credit...they played 2 solid teams already....their secondary has a major improvement, their DE's are arguably the best tandom in the league and they have a great lb corp....

#1 you have to take into consideration its the same unit as last year, the one that was already great, that means the unit gets to gel together, everyone has played together before so its not alot of new players trying to make it work...

#2 they drafted for more defense in the draft, meaning players get rest, and hester and manning was brilliant, adds speed and athleticism to their secondary that was already stout

now the ravens are always gonnabe up their when their healthy...because of ray lewis and ed reed, thats enough to almost vault them ahead of the bears because of their 2 superstars, BUT their D line is not as strong as chicago
at this point in their respective careers, I'd contest that Brian Urlacher is better than Ray Lewis.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
Quote:

at this point in their respective careers, I'd contest that Brian Urlacher is better than Ray Lewis.
Maybe, but I'd still take Ray Lewis, Adalius Thomas, and Bart Scott over Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, and Hunter Hillenmeyer anyday.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
Quote:

Maybe, but I'd still take Ray Lewis, Adalius Thomas, and Bart Scott over Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, and Hunter Hillenmeyer anyday.

ya ok, but throw in the bears D line vs the ravens D line and it evens itself back out, no way id take the ravens line over the bears...the bears are one of the few teams who can produce sacks with the front 4 alone and no blitzes, lovie smith is a genius and i love what he's done with them...

and urlacher/lewis is probably very close to a draw as far as athletically what you get and what they bring to their team....ed reed is the difference maker for the ravens now and makes it very hard to pass on them

Quote:
Old 09-18-2006, 03:37 PM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't see how anybody cannot vote for anyone else but Baltimore. They lead the league in interceptions tied for fourth in sacks. THey have not given up 1 TD, and I don't think they will this upcoming week against Cleveland.

1. Baltimore
2. Chicago
3. Atlanta
4. San Diego
5. Pittsburgh
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk
I don't see how anybody cannot vote for anyone else but Baltimore. They lead the league in interceptions tied for fourth in sacks. THey have not given up 1 TD, and I don't think they will this upcoming week against Cleveland.

1. Baltimore
2. Chicago
3. Atlanta
4. San Diego
5. Pittsburgh

who has SD played that makes them a top 5 defense...id put denver before them

and i dont judge how great a D is by who has given up a TD, who hasnt because its too early, in week 8 ill go off that, now its early, some of these teams id need to see play high octane offenses, or teams who can score more then 21...

ill judge when cincy plays baltimore, and when they stop them from scoring a TD all game they are the best D this year by far

Quote:
Old 09-18-2006, 04:14 PM    (permalink
intergalacticspacemonkey

I voted for Baltimore because they have a better secondary. The Bears don't have an Ed Reed or McAllister like the Ravens do. Both have very good linebacking corps, and the Bears have better pass rush. I still like the Ravens pass rush, but think its more about size and opening up holes for LB's rather than just getting pressure.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by intergalacticspacemonkey
I voted for Baltimore because they I still like the Ravens pass rush, but think its more about size and opening up holes for LB's rather than just getting pressure.
Yeah, Baltimore needs to blitz to get their pass rush, and alot of it comes from Rex Ryan's schemes. The Bears have a much better pass rushing front four.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

oh i agree its the ravens..but the broncos have been tested in the redzone and has not been beat agaisnst good O's
Old 09-18-2006, 04:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baltimore is beast, there defense is stacked. They have a great DT duo. Haloti Ngata is the real deal and will be a perennial pro bowler. Kelly Gregg might be the most underrated DT in the NFL, his motor never stops. At DE on one side they have Terrell Suggs one of the most dominating defenders in the NFL and a pro bowler for sure. The other end they have former pro bowler Trevor Pryce a great veteran. The scary thing is that the D-line might be the weakest part of their defense if you can call anything about them week. At LB they are one of the best in the league. Of course Ray Lewis, is Ray Lewis, he's back and is the most valueble defender in the NFL. The only player that demands that kind of respect, makes everyone around him better. Adalius Thomas is a pro bowl player and is the most athletic/versitile player in the NFL. Bart Scott is a talking machine and could very well be a pro bowler in his first full season. Dan Cody, Jarett Johnson, and Mike Smith are great as backups. And they might have the best secondary in the NFL. Chris McCalister toss up between him and Champ Bailey as to who is the best corner in the NFL. Samari Rolle can cover any reciever in the NFL. Backing them up are Evan Oglesby and Ronnie Prude. Oglesby stepped in when Samari got hurt and shut down the Raiders #2 recievers. Prude had an interception. At safety obvously Ed Reed is the best safety in the NFL, best playmaker in the league, no need to explan more. And lastly Dawan Landry is an absolute steal in the 5th round. He IMO is already better than Will Demps not getting burnt in coverage and his hitting, wow. That helmet popping hit yesterday was crazy. The thing that seperates the Ravens Defense from everyone else is that they score.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dont forget that T-sizzle could be a 15+ sack player in a 3-4 but is a DE, but I am waiting to call them the best until we play a preety good O.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:49 PM    (permalink
psub10champs

Is everyone forgetting who the Ravens Played???? Oakland and freaking Tampa Bay. Not to take any credit away from them. But lets wait until they play teams who can actually move the football. Also, there is still a game tonight, and I am confident that Pittsburgh will show you tonight why they need to be in this discussion (knock on wood)
Old 09-18-2006, 04:53 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psub10champs
Is everyone forgetting who the Ravens Played???? Oakland and freaking Tennessee. Not to take any credit away from them. But lets wait until they play teams who can actually move the football. Also, there is still a game tonight, and I am confident that Pittsburgh will show you tonight why they need to be in this discussion (knock on wood)
Actually the Ravens played Oakland and Tampa Bay.

San Diego played Oakland and Tennessee.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Quote:
Is everyone forgetting who the Ravens Played???? Oakland and freaking Tennessee. Not to take any credit away from them. But lets wait until they play teams who can actually move the football. Also, there is still a game tonight, and I am confident that Pittsburgh will show you tonight why they need to be in this discussion (knock on wood)
Nearly every defense in this discussion has played against weak offensive teams. It is the same case for San Diego, Chicago, and arguably Pittsburgh. And Atlanta played one mediocre offense and one bad offense.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:09 PM    (permalink
psub10champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX
Quote:
Actually the Ravens played Oakland and Tampa Bay.

San Diego played Oakland and Tennessee.
yea, sorry bout that
sitll, the Buccaneers are doin just as bad
Old 09-18-2006, 05:10 PM    (permalink
psub10champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777
Quote:
Nearly every defense in this discussion has played against weak offensive teams. It is the same case for San Diego, Chicago, and arguably Pittsburgh. And Atlanta played one mediocre offense and one bad offense.
That's why tonight when they play a good offense in Jacksonville, I think Pitt will show why they should be in the discussion.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:18 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Jacksonville isn't really a good offense, they are more about ball control with the great defense they have.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:36 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Baltimore is looking very intimidating right now, while the Bears are struggling to get consistent pressure on the QB, the defensive backfield isn't gelling quite yet (though it seems to be improved over last year), and the unit as a whole isn't tackling well.
I don't understand this pressure argument. We have 9 sacks in 2 games. How much pressure do you want? They were in both Favre and Kitna's faces the last two weeks.
As I bolded above, consistent pressure. In the Detroit game especially, there were way too many plays when the QB had a lot of time to check down, and the receivers had a lot of time to find openings in the zones. Plus, a lot of the successs the Bears have had so far has been at the edges, allowing the QB to step up and avoid the pressure. I'd like to see a bigger push up front from Tommie... but then, I think he's been drawing a lot of double-teams.

A big part of it is me seeing a 2-0 team whose defense has allowed all of 7 points, and knowing that the D isn't playing up to its potential--which it will need to do to beat teams other than GB and Detroit.
Argreed IBNO. I hold our defense up to great standards because of what we were able to accomplish during the regular season last year, and from what I've seen so far, we're not to that level yet. Which is pretty scary.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote