Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2006, 05:49 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Yeah I know that but what im saying is thats not enough to get it not shown on television. Pride has open weight tournaments and they play on tv. The whole thing was someone said the new rules are good because withoutt the rule changes it wouldnt be allowed to be shown on television but I think it would.
The biggest thing is that UFC probably wouldn't even exist in the US anymore without the rule changes. It was already banned in most of the country, and it was on its way to getting banned completely in the US.

Once they ban the fights being held in the US, obviously the fights being shown on TV isn't going to happen. The rule changes saved this from happening...

It's a downward spiral, once the bannings begin, they just keep going. PRIDE probably wouldn't be on TV right now either if the UFC didn't change their rules.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:44 PM    (permalink
bigrick0016

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX
Quote:
Yeah I know that but what im saying is thats not enough to get it not shown on television. Pride has open weight tournaments and they play on tv. The whole thing was someone said the new rules are good because withoutt the rule changes it wouldnt be allowed to be shown on television but I think it would.
The biggest thing is that UFC probably wouldn't even exist in the US anymore without the rule changes. It was already banned in most of the country, and it was on its way to getting banned completely in the US.

Once they ban the fights being held in the US, obviously the fights being shown on TV isn't going to happen. The rule changes saved this from happening...

It's a downward spiral, once the bannings begin, they just keep going. PRIDE probably wouldn't be on TV right now either if the UFC didn't change their rules.
My point about liking UFC better when it had no rules was that I'd rather have something be less accessible and better than more accessible and worse. Obviously the dudes running these didn't think so because more accessibility means more $$$$ for them. Is making it more acceptable so you can make more cash selling out? I think they sold out, but you decide for yourself.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it could be shown on ppv, i doubt spike could have it
Old 09-18-2006, 07:01 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrick0016

My point about liking UFC better when it had no rules was that I'd rather have something be less accessible and better than more accessible and worse. Obviously the dudes running these didn't think so because more accessibility means more $$$$ for them. Is making it more acceptable so you can make more cash selling out? I think they sold out, but you decide for yourself.
They did what they had to do to keep the UFC going.

And I think more accesable is a good thing, to a point. What's the point of if nobody can watch? It's not like they completely ruined the sport...like if they made everyone where pads and stuff, that would ahve sucked.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:02 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX
Quote:

I recomend to you a little thing called Felony Fights. 4 man last man standing matches all kinds of crazy stuff.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont really like crazy fights like that. I respect fighting as a science and dont like to see people be put in a position where serious injury is a strong possibility.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:17 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you guys think monson is gonna do against sylvia? I personally cannot see how hes gonna get anywhere near sylvia. Sylvia is almost 1 foot taller than monson this could be bad. I think the ufc wants to make Sylvia seem more dominant than he really is.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:19 PM    (permalink
bigrick0016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Schubert
i dont really like crazy fights like that. I respect fighting as a science and dont like to see people be put in a position where serious injury is a strong possibility.
Boxing is a sweet science and thats why I like it. I also like PRIDE. I am also a sick, depraved, angry, and terrible human and I love deplorable amounts of violence. Not everyone is like me. That's a niche audience, and UFC went from niche to mainstream.

(I also just think that PRIDE is better quality, so I watch that)
Old 09-18-2006, 07:35 PM    (permalink
bigrick0016

Charm, I looked at that Felony Fight and it looked like a bunch of idiots went into the backyard and started beating the **** out of each other, almost like Backyard Wrestling. I liked the old UFC becaused it had a great mix of trained fighters/no holds barred that I don't think we'll see again. I'd rather see trained fighters doing their thing under rules than rednecks beating people up.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:37 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Charm, I looked at that Felony Fight and it looked like a bunch of idiots went into the backyard and started beating the *********** out of each other, almost like Backyard Wrestling. I liked the old UFC becaused it had a great mix of trained fighters/no holds barred that I don't think we'll see again. I'd rather see trained fighters doing their thing under rules than rednecks beating people up.
Its not ALL rednecks its usually guys straight outta jail and i never said it was trained just brutal. My friend has the dvd's. On one there is a guy who is obviously trained in MMA and he beats the hell out of this guy i felt real bad for him. Also the old UFC fighters were hardly world class fighters at the time. asside from the big names a bunch of them had no reason being in the octagon.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Boxing is a sweet science and thats why I like it. I also like PRIDE. I am also a sick, depraved, angry, and terrible human and I love deplorable amounts of violence. Not everyone is like me. That's a niche audience, and UFC went from niche to mainstream.

i also prefer PRIDE
Old 09-18-2006, 09:20 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i also prefer PRIDE
I prefer PRIDE's PPV's alot better and their heavyweights are SO MUCH better and Lightheavy weight division since Coture retired. But I prefer UFC's smaller guys better asside from Hendo Gomi and Kang
Old 09-18-2006, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i also prefer PRIDE
I prefer PRIDE's PPV's alot better and their heavyweights are SO MUCH better and Lightheavy weight division since Coture retired. But I prefer UFC's smaller guys better asside from Hendo Gomi and Kang
Yeah, UFC has better lighter weight talent, but i just find PRIDE to be more exciting in general
Old 09-18-2006, 09:31 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i also prefer PRIDE
Yeah, UFC has better lighter weight talent, but i just find PRIDE to be more exciting in general
Yeah me too they match up talent better. Its not like the UFC which is alot of good fighters vs Cans at most the PPV
Old 09-19-2006, 06:56 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Who are your winniers of TUF 4?

I like Matt Sera and Pete sell. Also think Din Thomas could win it.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:

Honestly I have no clue, I think a lot of guys could win on any given night for whatever reason. All I have to say for this weeks episode is please let the fight be good and not over with after a minute of domination.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:04 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
Quote:

Honestly I have no clue, I think a lot of guys could win on any given night for whatever reason. All I have to say for this weeks episode is please let the fight be good and not over with after a minute of domination.
Jeremy Jackson... oh wait

I agree with Serra and Thomas, Travis Lutter as well could go far, and Cote

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:23 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Before it started I had Matt Sera vs. Shonie Carter and Patrick Cote vs. Edwin Deweese in the finals....but I think I'm changing from Shonie to Din Thomas.

Of course this all depends on these guys not fighting eachother in the semis.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

i know who wins TUF already, well makes the finals anyway
Old 09-19-2006, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Well I have two confirmed fights for Prides 'Real Deal' American PPV, one is definately a surprise.

Josh Barnett vs Pawel Nastula

And I guess the PRIDE promoters have been watching plenty of Springer and decided the USA wanted to see 2 fat guys dueling it out, so here it is!!

Mark Hunt vs Eric 'Butterbean' Esch
Old 09-19-2006, 10:09 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well I have two confirmed fights for Prides 'Real Deal' American PPV, one is definately a surprise.

And I guess the PRIDE promoters have been watching plenty of Springer and decided the USA wanted to see 2 fat guys dueling it out, so here it is!!

:roll:
Old 09-19-2006, 10:50 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

the japanese love them some freak fights.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:04 AM    (permalink
will99890
Rookie

will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
Quote:

the japanese love them some freak fights.
They sure do like them freak fights!

What other reason would there be for having the likes of Giant Silva, Emmanuel Yarborough, Dan Bobish, Butterbean, and Bob Sapp step into the ring. You could also include guys like Mark Coleman and James Thompson with their natural, "god given" physiques. I still love Pride and K-1 despite these somewhat unique fighters.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Hunt should destroy Butterbean
Old 09-20-2006, 01:02 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Hunt should destroy Butterbean
If he can utilize any other skills. His stamina should be far better than butterbeans but butter bean has stand up skills that match marks so it should be a slug fest but butterbean should defintely gas.