Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:12 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.
Default Monte Kiffin The Head Coach

Monte Kiffin is my favorite defensive coordinator in the NFL right now do you guys think he can be a head coach i know some people say he’s a little bit old

but that's what i think some teams need

i see this guy on the sideline's all fire up if his players makes a good play or bad play

do you guys think he had a chance to be a head coach (not sure but i believe he is in his last year of his contract) and if so where to
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's certainly deserving of a HC job and I'd like to see him get the chance, but the current trend in the NFL seems to be hiring young unproven coaches in hopes of getting the next Cowher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:16 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi
He's certainly deserving of a HC job and I'd like to see him get the chance, but the current trend in the NFL seems to be hiring young unproven coaches in hopes of getting the next Cowher.
i feel the same way i was a little bit mad with the packers choice i wanted so one more proven
Old 09-20-2006, 12:21 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He might be deserving, but he seems like too much of an X and O's guy. Kind of like Norv Turner, great OC..horrible HC!
Old 09-20-2006, 12:23 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
He might be deserving, but he seems like too much of an X and O's guy. Kind of like Norv Turner, great OC..horrible HC!
for some reason i dont see that with him
Old 09-20-2006, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
Quote:
i feel the same way i was a little bit mad with the packers choice i wanted so one more proven

JIM BATES!!!
:evil:

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:48 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

JIM BATES!!!
after what u saw bate do with that defence i was shock he didnt

what team is he with now>?
Old 09-20-2006, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kiffin may be the Tom Moore of Defensive Coordinators. Based on the performance of Tom Moore offenses, Moore should have had a head coaching oppurtunity at some point in his career, but he's never really wanted to be a head coach. Maybe Kiffin is the same way.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:05 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
Kiffin may be the Tom Moore of Defensive Coordinators. Based on the performance of Tom Moore offenses, Moore should have had a head coaching oppurtunity at some point in his career, but he's never really wanted to be a head coach. Maybe Kiffin is the same way.
Agreed. Kiffin, Moore, and the Eagles' Jim Johnson are the deans of NFL coordinators. At this point in their careers, they're far too old to warrant serious consideration for a head coaching job, and I'm not even sure they'd want one anyways.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's way too old.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:10 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kiffin has turned down several head coaching offers.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:16 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX
Yep. Teams have tried to get him to coach for years and he's turned down every offer thrown at him.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:20 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX
Yep. Teams have tried to get him to coach for years and he's turned down every offer thrown at him.
why were they not good or cause he doesnt want to be a head coach
Old 09-20-2006, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I don't like the Cover 2. So, no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the job of a head coach is to be a figurehead and a leader on the team more so than an X's and O's guy (and to have a strong understanding of personal). While I would love Monte as my DC, I'm not crazy about giving a Head Coaching position to guy that seems to possess the personality of a turnip. Look at the people that have worked under him, Lovie Smith and Rod Marinelli. Those two possess the same understanding of the cover 2 defense but seem to have more of the "it" factor than Monte. That being said, he's never actually been a head coach and has turned down multiple offers, so it's hard to say.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Which is ironic because the Cover 2 would do wonders for the Giants. Your pass rush would make up for your sub-par secondary and ask them to do different things.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:55 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always get him as my head coach in Madden
Old 09-20-2006, 02:28 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

JIM BATES!!!
after what u saw bate do with that defence i was shock he didnt

what team is he with now>?
He's not with a team right now. I wanted him to take over the New Orleans vacancy before we hired Sean Payton. Bates is a damn good coach and a great and underrated DC. His players love to play under him, he did a good job as an interim coach in Miami. I'm really suprised he hasn't been offered a HC position anywhere. I think Green Bay really messed up when they picked McCarthy over him.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:16 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure the Rams wanted to bring him in as a contender for their head coach opening and he turned them down. Seems like he's happy staying as a coordinator.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:46 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler
Pretty sure the Rams wanted to bring him in as a contender for their head coach opening and he turned them down. Seems like he's happy staying as a coordinator.
He came to Green Bay so that he'd be the top candidate for the Head Coach job, because as most packer fans knew Sherman wasn't gonna be very long.

It's a shame they didn't give him the job and I thnk he would be a great Head Coach. Though I'm not upset at the McCarthy signing, I'm not excited over it.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I'd much rather let Monte dedicate himself to developing a relationship with his defensive players and work out on schemes.

I think he might do an average job as a head coach, but it is obvious that he has great passion for defense and I think he is most at home and in his best form as a d-coordinator.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:23 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
Bates is a damn good coach and a great and underrated DC. His players love to play under him, he did a good job as an interim coach in Miami. I'm really suprised he hasn't been offered a HC position anywhere. I think Green Bay really messed up when they picked McCarthy over him.
I was surprised that Miami didnt give him a chance after He did as interim HC. Then we get him in Green Bay, he's already there all they had to do was promote him. Instead Mike ******* McCarthy. He was a good coach and from what I heard the Players really liked him.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Which is ironic because the Cover 2 would do wonders for the Giants. Your pass rush would make up for your sub-par secondary and ask them to do different things.
There is no rush up the middle, and our safeties are poor in coverage. None of our LBs can be considered as top notch cover guys as well. If we change, I want the 3-4 but I don't think Strahan would fit into that kind of scheme. Maybe when he retires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:29 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take him in a heartbeat, he is brilliant. Monte Kiffin is one of the best defensive coordinators in the league. I like him as a coordinator though, and he obviously enjoys it as well because he has turned down offers for head coaching jobs. I would have liked to see what would happen if he had gone to Detroit to be the head coach, that would be a big test to see if he could turn that defense into something special.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:26 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
He's way too old.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote