Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2006, 01:59 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Schubert
i know who wins TUF already, well makes the finals anyway
It's pretty easy to find out seeing as a certain radio station told everyone, but I managed to avoid it.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan
Quote:
i know who wins TUF already, well makes the finals anyway
It's pretty easy to find out seeing as a certain radio station told everyone, but I managed to avoid it.
They are wrong. Sherdog just said it to get back at the UFC.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:17 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh right, how do you know then, got some contacts?

Old 09-20-2006, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh right, how do you know then, got some contacts?
Yeah my friend trained with Serra for a little bit and knows a ton of people.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Well I was trying to edit in a new poll but managed to screw it up. Since we already know Barnett isnt facing a UFC guy I thought I would change it. I was asking about the Swick vs Loiseau fight.

Personally Im a fan of both guys, but Swick has never fought anyone in Loiseau's league imo and if he goes for a quick KO like he loves he is going to end up hurt as 5 rounds of punishment from Franklin couldnt KO The Crow. Personally I think Loiseau is going to catch Swick trying to win big in round 1 and have a quick KO of his own.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:18 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've only ever seen "The Crow" getting his ass kicked, so i'm gonna take Swick in this one...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
I've only ever seen "The Crow" getting his ass kicked, so i'm gonna take Swick in this one...
He is 14-5 in his career, that is pretty good for a guy who has been fighting in the UFC for awile. Franklin kicked his ass and Horn got a quick submission on him, but other then that I dont think he has ever really gotten his ass kicked =\

Plus Swick has been KO'd by maybe my least favorite fighter in Chris Leben.. lol
Old 09-20-2006, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

i am gonna go with Swick. I just have a feeling dont know why.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:38 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The crow, I want to see some vicious elbows to the head.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:40 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

I'm hoping the crow pulls it out. But I'm thinking Swick may win, he's got some serious momentum right now.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:42 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I like Swick fu I am going with The Crow in the second by some sort of vicious elbow or spinning back kick to the gut.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:55 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
He is 14-5 in his career, that is pretty good for a guy who has been fighting in the UFC for awile. Franklin kicked his ass and Horn got a quick submission on him, but other then that I dont think he has ever really gotten his ass kicked =\

Plus Swick has been KO'd by maybe my least favorite fighter in Chris Leben.. lol
that may be true... but i just don't like "The Crow"

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:25 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Crow and Swick are two of my personal favorites so whoever wins i wont be dissapointed.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:04 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pete Sell dominated that fight against Charles McCarthy on tonights TUF.

I didn't even think it should have gone to a 3rd round. Sell dominated round 1, and then in round 2 he had a guillotine on McCarthy for the first minute, and then Charles finally slipped out of it and basically just laid on top of Pete for the rest of the round. I would have scored round 2 as a draw, fight over.

Down goes another member of the blue team. They really got the short end of the stick when they drew teams.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX

I didn't even think it should have gone to a 3rd round. Sell dominated round 1, and then in round 2 he had a guillotine on McCarthy for the first minute, and then Charles finally slipped out of it and basically just laid on top of Pete for the rest of the round. I would have scored round 2 as a draw, fight over.

Down goes another member of the blue team. They really got the short end of the stick when they drew teams.
Yes they did and I agree with you on round 2, McCarthy had position most of the round but Sell might have actually done more damage off the bottom. That guillotine nearly ended the fight while nothing McCarthy did that round even came close, like you said it could have gone to Sell or definately been a draw.

When Sell almost got caught in that kimura/armbar (forget what he was going for) at the end of round 3 I was about to feel really bad if he lost in the last 30 seconds after dominating the fight.

Also, nobody on blue team wants anything to do with Patrick Cote, Jorge even said flat out he didnt want to deal with his stand up, McCarthy even wanted Sell over Cote.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX

Yes they did and I agree with you on round 2, McCarthy had position most of the round but Sell might have actually done more damage off the bottom. That guillotine nearly ended the fight while nothing McCarthy did that round even came close, like you said it could have gone to Sell or definately been a draw.

When Sell almost got caught in that kimura/armbar (forget what he was going for) at the end of round 3 I was about to feel really bad if he lost in the last 30 seconds after dominating the fight.

Also, nobody on blue team wants anything to do with Patrick Cote, Jorge even said flat out he didnt want to deal with his stand up, McCarthy even wanted Sell over Cote.
Sell looked good, but I have heard from people that he is a jerk, so I dont like him.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:27 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Lutter is going to be the only blue team winner after Sera beats Spratt and Cote beats Rivera.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:32 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Ah crap I was trying to avoid what happened on TUF haha, it doesnt air here until Sunday, that followed by UFC 63 = great night :D

Old 09-22-2006, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Ah crap I was trying to avoid what happened on TUF haha, it doesnt air here until Sunday, that followed by UFC 63 = great night :D
Yes, I think I might avoid this thread for a little while after UFC 63 until I get around to downloading and watching it.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, I think I might avoid this thread for a little while after UFC 63 until I get around to downloading and watching it.
where do u dowload nerv?
Old 09-22-2006, 01:25 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
where do u dowload nerv?
I don't know if that is allowed here, but you should stop by the NFLDC chatroom sometime.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
where do u dowload nerv?
I don't know if that is allowed here, but you should stop by the NFLDC chatroom sometime.
ok, how do i get there
Old 09-22-2006, 03:43 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Ditto... I am not trying to get it spoiled for me. After tonight i will avoid it until most likely monday afternoon after I download it.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:26 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

I'll make sure I dont post results then after I've seen them.

Also I've been thinking, when the boxing draft is done or something, would many people be up for an MMA draft? Maybe take 2 people from each of the weight classes or something.

Old 09-22-2006, 05:58 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'll make sure I dont post results then after I've seen them.

Also I've been thinking, when the boxing draft is done or something, would many people be up for an MMA draft? Maybe take 2 people from each of the weight classes or something.
Yeah i was talking to nerv and schubert about this recently. We did one before that kind of worked but didnt get fully finished. I think we should start a new one up