Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 07-17-2007, 03:50 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that the role of a #1 receiver is scaring the opponents. You can have a good a guy who catches every ball and run good routes but he won't open up your offense. Guys like Owens, Williams, Andre and Chad Johnson etc. are so important because they are dangerous, they can score everytime because of their abilities to be a threat with the ball in their hands or thanks to their speed running routes.
If you look, for example, at Mike Furrey, he had 1000 yards receiving but he's nothing more than a good possesion guy. He will make some catches for first downs, but defenses won't focus their attention on him. This is the reason why I think Crayton isn't the answer. He's a great guy and I'd love to see him playing for the Cowboys for the next years, but if we won't have a true go-to-guy, Crayton won't be as much effective as he was the last couple of years.
Last year our offense was dinamite even without a great OL, and it was the first time in a long time we had a great offense. The reasons, imo, for this success were 2: Tony Romo and TO. I know TO had some key dropped balls, but look at what he brought to us. He could change a broken play into a big play. Defenses had to focus primarly on him and that opened the entire offense.

That's why I want a WR in the first round next year. I think we will be in position to grab Desean Jackson or Early Doucet. Probably I'm the only one who thinks Sweed will be a great WR in NFL, but he's another guy I'd love to have on the team.

For McFadden, I think we should grab him only if he's avaible when we pick (aka Cleveland will have a top 3 pick). He's too good to pass up on him, and I think he could really be a LT type of back in the NFL. He will open up the offense as muchs as a great WR can do.

We have two picks in the first round and we should use both on offense. WR, LT and maybe RB should be our picks, with the possibility to grab an elite player with the Browns' pick. If all the juniors RB declare I'm all for letting JJ go and pick a RB or with our original pick (who I think will be in the 22-32s range) or pick one in the second round. I think that both Felix Jones and Jamaal Charles could be very solid second round picks if not first round picks.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure this isnt news to most of you but...

Campbell says Cowboys D was predictable
For those outside the area who didn't hear it, Dan Campbell, the former Cowboys tight end, was on with Bob Sturm and Donovan Lewis on The Ticket (KTCK 1310-AM) this afternoon. Campbell, whose Detroit Lions beat Dallas, 39-31, in Texas Stadium last December, said the Cowboys were easy to scout on film: If the defense wasn't sending DeMarcus Ware, it wasn't sending anyone. Campbell said he didn't think it was coordinator Mike Zimmer's fault since he was more versed in the 4-3 than the 3-4, but there were far less surprises then you'd get with other NFL defenses, which made Dallas easier to take advantage of.

Campbell also said he expects things to improve with Wade Phillips on board because he's a proven 3-4 guy.

The audio is the No. 1 item on the station's podcast list if you want to listen to it.

Posted by
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:04 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I'm sure this isnt news to most of you but...
I think this was the biggest problem for our team last year. Once Ellis went down, opposite team focused on stopping Ware and we couldn't get any pressure on the QB.

btw, I'm working on the defense highlights video, I think it's coming out this weekend. Working on the video the thing that caught my eyes the most was the fact that Ratliff was a disruptive force for us. I think he can have a great year under Phillips, he's a great penetrator..

In Bob We Trust

Old 07-19-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
I think this was the biggest problem for our team last year. Once Ellis went down, opposite team focused on stopping Ware and we couldn't get any pressure on the QB.

btw, I'm working on the defense highlights video, I think it's coming out this weekend. Working on the video the thing that caught my eyes the most was the fact that Ratliff was a disruptive force for us. I think he can have a great year under Phillips, he's a great penetrator..
I loved the Ware vid man.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:00 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

It was raining this morning, I was stuck at hom, so I've finished the Defense Highlights Video. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi2UP8g0uXY

In Bob We Trust

Old 07-20-2007, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

somewhat surprised how many big plays Watkins was involved in. As usual a great vid. Cant wait for the season to start!
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
cowboyz
Rookie

cowboyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
It was raining this morning, I was stuck at hom, so I've finished the Defense Highlights Video. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi2UP8g0uXY
great video, shows why roy is so important to this team.

hopefully watkins will continue to grow and be starting next year
Old 07-21-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone else see the Peter King power rankings in the NFL forum?

9. Seattle Seahawks
10. St. Louis Rams
13. Detroit Lions
14. Dallas Cowboys

SERIOUSLY...I threw up in my mouth a little.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

heres the link for todays press conference if anybody needs it.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...121DFAF053A273
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm interested in seeing how everything works out with our young offensive linemen in training camp. Colombo and Adams missing practice obviously provides an opportunity for the OTs to show what they've got. Reports are that McQuistan will probably start practice as the RT with Free on the left. I think that shows a lot of confidence in what the staff thinks Free can do and I really don't understand why Martin took so long to get his contract done, if he has even signed yet. Everyone seems to be optimistic about what Proctor can do, but I don't think I buy into any of the hype with him yet.

I am disappointed that McQuistan is starting out on the right because I am a big believer in what he can do for our line this year (maybe even starting out this season depending on his opportunities), but I am also excited to have Free because he was highly regarded last season.

Finally, training camp and something to talk about again.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

I hope we sign Spencer and Marten today. Flo and Colombo are out for at least the next couple of days (Colombo at least a week) Ellis isn't practicing and the starting SOLB is Alex Obomese right now...

If you take a look here, they're blogging live from the camp

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives...dome.html#more

In Bob We Trust

Old 07-25-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope we sign Spencer and Marten today. Flo and Colombo are out for at least the next couple of days (Colombo at least a week) Ellis isn't practicing and the starting SOLB is Alex Obomese right now...

If you take a look here, they're blogging live from the camp

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives...dome.html#more
Interesting read. I didn't even realize we had Joey Thomas in camp. Has the kind of size that Wade likes in his corners. He could be a nice addition.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Interesting read. I didn't even realize we had Joey Thomas in camp. Has the kind of size that Wade likes in his corners. He could be a nice addition.
I'm excited to have Joey Thomas in camp because he's a guy I heard a lot about going into the draft a couple years ago. He has a lot of potential if we can get him to play up to his measurables. I'm not sure how he played last season, but I know his rookie year, the Packers expected too much of him too early.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the link, it was a fun read.

Quote:
2:12 -- Why in the world would a man let his young sons wear Antonio Bryant Cowboys jerseys in public?!
Quote:
2:13 -- Congrats to Keith "Fiddy" Davis, who managed to make it through an entire off-season without getting shot.
Quote:
2:32 -- T.O. is putting on a show in warm-up drills. He snared his first pass -- a gentle 20-yard floater from Romo -- with one hand for no good reason. He then hammed it up for the crowd, pointing and shaking his finger to get folks all fired up.

2:34 -- T.O. dropped his first pass of training camp. Scattered boos from the crowd.
Quote:
3:28 -- They're kicking field goals now. Holder Brad Johnson and Martin Gramatica still have the chemistry from their Tampa Bay days. Their post-kick high five appears to be in mid-season form.
:D
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

I think he will do something like that everyday. Here are other two blogs that are blogging from the camp:

http://theboysblog.com/
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/

In Bob We Trust

Old 07-25-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some things on Thomas.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/joey_thomas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Thomas

Sounds like he's got the talent, but screwed up on some rookie mistakes. Too early for the Packers to give up on him, imo.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

And do you know something about Obomese? I've red he had double digit sacks last year in college...

In Bob We Trust

Old 07-25-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
And do you know something about Obomese? I've red he had double digit sacks last year in college...

http://www.testsportsclubs.com/SPORTS/news.asp#35

The Dallas Cowboys came to terms with this outside linebacker this week.

The Dallas Cowboys have come to terms with free agent defensive end Alex Obomese (6-3, 245), TheRanchReport.com has learned.

A defensive end in the 4-3 scheme at UTEP, Obomese figures to try out with the Cowboys as an outside linebacker in the 3-4.

SCOUTING REPORT: Alex Obomese
BIO: Two-year starter awarded All-Conference honors as a junior after career numbers of 57/10.5/6.5. Senior totals included 55/3.5/3.

POSITIVE: Undersized college defensive end who will get consideration as a rush linebacker in the NFL. Plays with good balance, fluid moving about the field and rarely off his feet. Quickly changes direction and makes plays from every angle. Flashes speed off the edge or out to the sidelines.

Alex trained all winter at TEST Sports with tremendous improvements in speed and strength as well as working on linebacker drills with former New England Patriot Joe McHale. Best of luck to Alex with his pro career... Your hard work will pay off!

http://cfn.scout.com/2/553584.html
As a Junior...
- DE Alex Obomese, Sr. - 57 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 10.5 TFL, 2 interceptions
One of the league's best all-around defenders. the 245-pound senior is a pass rushing terror who got better last season against the run. He's more of an outside linebacker playing end with the speed and quickness to be strong in pass coverage. The only question mark is a knee injury that kept him out of spring ball.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some quotes from the Dallas Morning News Blog

Quote:
A national TV dude asked Tony Romo this gem: "What is this offense designed to do?"

Romo's reply: "Um ... score."
Quote:
One fella mentioned undrafted free agent QBs Richard Bartel and Matt Moore. "Have you met these guys yet?" he asked Wade Phillips. I was too stunned to listen to Phillips' answer
LOL at the moronic stuff some of these reporters come up with.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0418uxj-0XE

thought everyone would probably like this
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...t.2e5b5c2.html

It seems Courtney Brown has been moved to safety...

In Bob We Trust

Old 07-27-2007, 11:03 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Thought this was sort of interesting:

From the Dallas Morning News:

Doo-doo Browns
I break away from the San Antonio scene to bring you the news that the Browns' locker room was flooded when a humongous sewage pipe busted at their stadium.

Is there any doubt that this is a sure sign that the Cowboys will have the first overall pick in next year's draft? Symbolism doesn't get any clearer.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Perhaps the happiest news is that Roy Williams is down to 221! The weight he was at in his rookie season! He's dropped nearly 10 pounds from his weight last season.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A national TV dude asked Tony Romo this gem: "What is this offense designed to do?"

Romo's reply: "Um ... score."

That's classic ROFL!
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.sportsgamer.com/games/mad.../team/cowboys/

Cowboys madden ratings.

Mcbriar 2nd best punter in the game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote