Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-21-2006, 11:03 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
I'd take him in a heartbeat, he is brilliant. Monte Kiffin is one of the best defensive coordinators in the league. I like him as a coordinator though, and he obviously enjoys it as well because he has turned down offers for head coaching jobs. I would have liked to see what would happen if he had gone to Detroit to be the head coach, that would be a big test to see if he could turn that defense into something special.
Rod Marinelli is doing the exact same thing. They run roughly the same exact defense.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most of you guys know where I stand on Cover 2, so my obvious answer is no. And I don't think Kiffin has the personality to ever become a head coach either.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:00 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
I'd take him in a heartbeat, he is brilliant. Monte Kiffin is one of the best defensive coordinators in the league. I like him as a coordinator though, and he obviously enjoys it as well because he has turned down offers for head coaching jobs. I would have liked to see what would happen if he had gone to Detroit to be the head coach, that would be a big test to see if he could turn that defense into something special.
Rod Marinelli is doing the exact same thing. They run roughly the same exact defense.
Yea I know they are switching to the tampa two, which is why I would have liked to see him go there since they are switching anyway. I like Marinelli, but I don't think he will be able to do nearly as much with the defense as Kiffin could. The man is a defensive artist, the Bucs always had a few weak spots on defense, but he always found ways to cover them up and use his players in the best way possible. The Lions have a lot of potential on defense, they have some very talented players, and some good young people as well. Shaun Rogers, Dre Bly, and Ernie Sims, I would like to see what he would be able to do with them.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:57 AM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Here is who I want to become the next head coach of the Buccaneers.
YoJoeBucsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:44 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure if this was said, but Kiffin has turned down many HC jobs, he wants to stay as a DC.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984
I always get him as my head coach in Madden
Haha Nice

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:38 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The problem is that he's had offers in the past and has declined them. I think because of his age he wants nothing to do with all the pressure of being a head coach. He'd rather just be an excellent defensive coordinator then possibly flop as a head coach and lose respect around the league.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I'm glad LeBeau went to Cleveland.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:36 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a bit old, which isn't that big of a problem, but the thing is is that he doesn't want to HC.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:51 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These two would be a couple of good choices for teams in 2007.

Jim Bates is a strong defensive mind and a great motivator. If it weren't for the owner, he'd probably make a good Raiders coach.

Ron Rivera has been biding his time, but has shown that he can maintain a unit at a very high level. I'd like to see RR go to Arizona.

Another is Mike Sherman. Not that Houston is doing a great job on their O-line with the number of sacks given up, but it's better than when they lead the league. Also they lost their #1 RB, but have been pretty competitive. A Jim Bates as HC with Sherman as the OC would be a good pairing, especially if the team wanted to run a power-run game.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:55 PM    (permalink
MagnumGator
Veteran

MagnumGator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think he's pretty happy earning $1 million per year and not having to deal with the headaches of being in charge of the whole ship. He's universally respected in the league and I've seen him around town and it doesn't seem people even know who he is. Not bad.
MagnumGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:10 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur
These two would be a couple of good choices for teams in 2007.

Jim Bates is a strong defensive mind and a great motivator. If it weren't for the owner, he'd probably make a good Raiders coach.

Ron Rivera has been biding his time, but has shown that he can maintain a unit at a very high level. I'd like to see RR go to Arizona.

Another is Mike Sherman. Not that Houston is doing a great job on their O-line with the number of sacks given up, but it's better than when they lead the league. Also they lost their #1 RB, but have been pretty competitive. A Jim Bates as HC with Sherman as the OC would be a good pairing, especially if the team wanted to run a power-run game.
I am a huge fan of Bates and I think he'd make a great coach.

Ron Rivera, Mike Sherman, and I think Rex Ryan are all ready for the next level, Sherman having already been there and succeeding.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote