Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:56 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brunell will come around. Doesn't help having an injured Portis forcing you to virtually pass all the time.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:12 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe he should be benched:

http://www.bangcartoon.com/cartoons/...ssingfancy.swf

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
That was great.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:31 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan
Brunell will come around. Doesn't help having an injured Portis forcing you to virtually pass all the time.
Thats my point exaclty we have to give him time he just needs his star runningback.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we loose to the Texans Brunell might as well stay in Houston cause he won't be safe in D.C.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettosermon
If we loose to the Texans Brunell might as well stay in Houston cause he won't be safe in D.C.
LOL.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:17 PM    (permalink
transcendent

No, I dont think Brunell is a good QB, but give Campbell another year then hand it over to him.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:21 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just learned that the Brunell video I posted was actually made in 2004. It looked like someone just made it the way things are going for Mark.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 09-21-2006, 08:51 PM    (permalink
The Fat Kid
Pro Bowler

The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid

im sure not having portis in the backfield isnt helping. when you dont have a running game then your offense gets predictable and gets pass happy. then its easy to make a qb look bad when you know he is going to pass

sig by CalBears99
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
I HAVE ISSUES!
The Fat Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:57 PM    (permalink
transcendent

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Kid
im sure not having portis in the backfield isnt helping. when you dont have a running game then your offense gets predictable and gets pass happy. then its easy to make a qb look bad when you know he is going to pass

Thats true but Brunell has always been ridiculously overrated in my opinion and age isnt helping him. I dont think it would have helped him that much
Old 09-21-2006, 09:49 PM    (permalink
intergalacticspacemonkey

Brunell shouldn't even be starting in the league. I probably have more arm strength than him.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:36 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brunell should play the Texans at least..... I mean it's not like I got ulterior motives. He should be given another chance though. :twisted:
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358
No one, including Mark Brunell, believes that he himself can carry that team. With the lack of a running game, the shoddy pass protection, and the play-calling, Brunell wasn't in a position to be effective. I think Saunders' play-calling doesn't have enough vertical elements to keep D's honest right now. Why commit a safety into 2-deep coverage, when the Skins aren't throwing over the top? Why not blitz and pressure? I think they need to open their playbook up and throw the deep ball a few times just to loosen things up. Brunell hasn't lost much in his arm. I think he's not as fast as he was 2 years ago, but that doesn't mean his line shouldn't protect better.

Let's wait until Portis is back before we really judge. If they lose to Houston, Brunell might be sunk.
Joe Gibbs's teams run the ball. Until Portis is healthy, Brunell won't look good. He isn't capable of carrying a team on his arm. Gibbs desperately needs a healthy Portis. I'd look for Campbell to get some playing time especially when Washington is clearly eliminated from the playoffs.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:35 PM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358
No one, including Mark Brunell, believes that he himself can carry that team. With the lack of a running game, the shoddy pass protection, and the play-calling, Brunell wasn't in a position to be effective. I think Saunders' play-calling doesn't have enough vertical elements to keep D's honest right now. Why commit a safety into 2-deep coverage, when the Skins aren't throwing over the top? Why not blitz and pressure? I think they need to open their playbook up and throw the deep ball a few times just to loosen things up. Brunell hasn't lost much in his arm. I think he's not as fast as he was 2 years ago, but that doesn't mean his line shouldn't protect better.

Let's wait until Portis is back before we really judge. If they lose to Houston, Brunell might be sunk.
Joe Gibbs's teams run the ball. Until Portis is healthy, Brunell won't look good. He isn't capable of carrying a team on his arm. Gibbs desperately needs a healthy Portis. I'd look for Campbell to get some playing time especially when Washington is clearly eliminated from the playoffs.
If they don't make the playoff Campbell should start for all the last games for more reps
2drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:12 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Redskins O will get back rolling when Clinton Portis comes back.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:07 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brunell set an NFL record. 22 straight completions.

Old 09-24-2006, 07:13 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I thought it was a tie?

Anyways...so much for that. All I hope is that the same calls are being made after next week's game.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 09-24-2006, 07:14 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Quote:
I thought it was a tie?

Anyways...so much for that. All I hope is that the same calls are being made after next week's game.
No the one that was broken was not counted because of a roughing the passer, he got 22.

Old 09-24-2006, 08:18 PM    (permalink
intergalacticspacemonkey

If you get owned by Brunell then your defense must suck.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:35 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intergalacticspacemonkey
If you get owned by Brunell then your defense must suck.
Trust me, it does.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:58 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its chunky soup time

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 06:09 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

It's time for him to leave the planet humans live on, he is officially the worst QBin the NFL, he refuses to look more than 5 yards down the field.

Old 10-22-2006, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Redskins are a Bad Bad team...

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 06:31 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, he is doing OK, but he doesn't have any help, maybe because campell wont play any wourse.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 06:39 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang
No, he is doing OK, but he doesn't have any help, maybe because campell wont play any wourse.
How is he doing ok, sure he was 21-30 but when not 1 of those passes was over 10 yards you can't win, the NFL doesn't work like college.