Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-22-2006, 01:34 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
I guess '02-'03 could be considered "it," those were his only double digit sack seasons. Which considering that Peppers is acrossed from him, isn't that impressive.
Well sacks don't directly relate to performance. We are talking about the Bears as a top 5 DL aren't we? I'm pretty sure there were at least 5 teams who's DL recorded more sacks last year, and this year too. Yet, the Bears still have one of, if not, the best DL in football despite the sack numbers. Rucker was always a pretty good DE, never elite, but pretty good.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Quote:
I guess '02-'03 could be considered "it," those were his only double digit sack seasons. Which considering that Peppers is acrossed from him, isn't that impressive.
Well sacks don't directly relate to performance. We are talking about the Bears as a top 5 DL aren't we? I'm pretty sure there were at least 5 teams who's DL recorded more sacks last year, and this year too. Yet, the Bears still have one of, if not, the best DL in football despite the sack numbers. Rucker was always a pretty good DE, never elite, but pretty good.
The Bears D-Line probably gets 95% of their sacks though because they almost never blitz their linebackers (except for Urlacher from time to time). Look at the Lions game just last week. 6 sacks. All of them from the D-line.

Does Skip Bayless really think that Kyle "I should have been a" Boller is funny? What an asshole.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Quote:

When your across from the best DE in football, sacks do relate to performance because your facing no double teams.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While the Panthers line is really good I think the Jaguars is better, esspecially if they have Hayward. The Ravens line is very good as well with big guys in the middle and alot of guys that can rush the passer on the ends.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Jags have the best line, its because of this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugJ62hxtNm4
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 02:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No love for the Ravens eh? I guess I stand alone in my reasoning.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:50 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
EVERYONE PUT ON YOUR HOMER HATS!!

I said the Bears before the season started and I still say Bears. When we have a player that isn't even active on gameday that the Bills wanted to sign as their starter, that says something. The Ravens? Why? I know you don't like the cover 2 BBD but I don't get that at all. The Ravens D-line is probably the weakest part of their defense.

A case could be made for the Jags but they don't get much pressure from the ends, especially now that Heyward is down for the year.

i have my homer hat
and i will say the ravens - jags line and bears line dont have a INT

the ravens line has like 125 return yards :D
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
You make some good points, but the Ravens dline isn't that great at rushing the passer. Suggs (and AD when he lines up there) is the only real pass rusher on that line.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 02:53 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
i say ravens

Suggs - 2 FF / 2 SACKS / 1 FR

Gregs 1 FF / 2 FR

Pryce - 1 Sack

Nqata - 1 INT

1 INT / 3 SACKS / 3 FR / 3 FF
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
Quote:
i say ravens

Suggs - 2 FF / 2 SACKS / 1 FR

Gregs 1 FF / 2 FR

Pryce - 1 Sack

Nqata - 1 INT

1 INT / 3 SACKS / 3 FR / 3 FF

They padded those stats a bit, facing off against two of the worst O-Lines in football.

Old 09-22-2006, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

No way.

I'd take the Bears D-line in a heartbeat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:12 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest, you can't include Hayward in this discussion, because this is all about right now. Rob Meier has been a very good situational DT, and is now starting at LE, which he has done before. Although he's a good player, he isn't Reggie Hayward. He's probably better against the run, but pass-rushing is most likely lesser. Not only that, he's not an every-down guy like Reggie is. On third down he's replaced by guys like Bobby McCray and Brent Hawkins. He also shares time with Marcellus Wiley. Rob Meier is also often moved inside on third-downs, replacing both Henderson and Stroud at times.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

The Bears D-Line is what makes their defense. It allows their coordinator to put everyone back into coverage, while still effective at getting to the QB. Unlike other Tampa 2 teams, they have so much depth on the D-Line they don't wear down against the run either.

Old 09-22-2006, 03:37 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Vikings on this poll? Are you guys all high? pav wouldnt be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

The Vikings could be in the debate, if it was solely interior D-Line. They dont have the DEs these other defenses have.

Old 09-22-2006, 03:45 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Vikings could be in the debate, if it was solely interior D-Line. They dont have the DEs these other defenses have.
Yeah I know, I was being sarcastic . IMO, the Bears or Jags have the best when healthy. But without Hayward, ive gotta go with the Bears.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-22-2006, 04:55 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

overall I like the Bears

homer post script - Bills lead the AFC in sacks and Ryan Denney loves the cover 2
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:52 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
draftguru152? What a loser.

I would go with Atlanta.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Ravens have a top one, perhaps #1 due to the versatility of it. But the think I like is that the dline is probably the weakest part of the Ravens defense.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:38 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to say no...

Next year with Peppers, Jenkins and Maake having a year back/in the system and Rucker we'll be the best. This year, Jenkins and Kemoeatu aint up to scratch just yet. That said, we're probably the deepest at defensive tackle in the NFL. Kemo and Jenk could arguably start on any team (except perhaps JAX) and then we've got carstens and Lewis. Who've made their prescence felt early this year. Especially carstens who took Hutchinson to school last week on two plays.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:39 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
draftguru152? What a loser.

I would go with Atlanta.
Don't forget he was also draftguru153. Although I dont think he got around to posting with that one.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-22-2006, 11:40 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. When healthy its the Jaguars. There is no better, and dominate Defensive Tackle Duo than Marcus Stroud and John Henderson. Add Reggie Hayward and Paul Spicer, there you have it.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's gotta be the Bu... oh, why even bother?

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:23 AM    (permalink

I think its still the Panthers but the Falcons are a close second
Old 09-23-2006, 09:56 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat
when healthy, the front 4 of ATL is very scary....now thats just starters, like BBD said if depth is taken into account it almost HAS to be chicago because they can sub and their backups could start on alot of teams, and it keeps the starters fresh which is even better....

but abraham and kerney on the ends with grady in the middle is your ideal line, definately better then baltimore to me, and close with chicago because tommie harris is a top 4 DT in the NFL right now

1. Jenkins
2. Stroud
3. Henderson
4. Harris

after that shaun rodgers, casey hampton, and others come to mind, but i think those are the 4 top DT right now

but ATL possesses one of the top DE's, and another a top 10, with big Grady clogging up holes for the run game, and i like that mix
Cough Shaun Rogers Cough....

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote