Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-20-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW99 View Post
I just stated my opinion but whatever if you wanna whine about what i say then fine but I must ask you who has SEASON tickets to the game and uh who watches it on tv? The answer i got the season tickets and i spent my whole salary for those 5 tickets every year for my father dedicated I know i am
First, I am always happy to see more dedicated Eagles fans on the board. I have read your opinions, and I am disappointed in the statements you have made. I would expect better from any fan of any team on this board. Abandoning your franchise that you purportedly love if they trade or release a player is just uncool IMO.

Good to see that you have season tickets. I am very jealous. However, I am not a season ticket holder for several reasons.

1. When I was growing up money was tight, and we could not even afford season tix in the nosebleeds at The Vet.

2. When The Linc opened in 2003, I was living in DC just after college. I had crushing student loan debt, and my rent was $1185 a month for an apartment. My annual salary was only $41,000 a year. I had no savings and no credit card with enough limit to purchase 2 SBL's or season ticket packages.

3. I currently live just south of DC. While I could afford season tix now, I am about 38000th on the team waiting list.

So yeah, I puchase Sunday Ticket on DirecTV just so I can watch every game. I drive up to attend at least 1 game at The Linc every season, and I go to the Eagles-Redskins game down here every year. I also spend a lot of time promoting the Eagles and defending them on this site. I fail to see how your having season tickets excuses you from your "threat" of abandoning your team and somehow makes me less of a fan.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
CW99
Rookie

CW99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

not really 95% of Eagles fan say they will leave the team thats just how Philly is
Old 06-20-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
sometimes i wish shasta and helper_monkey were still here. maybe it's because they were here so long ago, but i remember them as having been entertaining trolls, at least.
Ah, Shasta. He would have had a field day when Garcia helped the team turn things around last year after McNabb got hurt.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 06-20-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
not really 95% of Eagles fan say they will leave the team thats just how Philly is
I guarantee you that your statement is an extremely gross exaggeration and is in no way accurate. I would say that maybe 5% of self-described Eagles "fans" may say they will abandon the team, and probably 10% of them will if it happens. However, 100% of all Eagles fans will come back to the team when they are winning.

Old 06-20-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have a hard time believing that only 5% of Eagles fans are legitimate fans who are loyal to their team.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
CW99
Rookie

Bsaza i'm not here to get in a fight with people and to be honest we are not diffrent
I too am from North VA (prince William to be exact)
I got the tickets in 2005 when we moved to south jersey back in 2004 due to chapter 11 (i'm 19) I got the tickets as pick me up by working for my grandfathers broad iron company Im a dedicated fan man and I'm not gonna sit here and blast a fellow eagles fan especially one that lived in Redskins country but i'm not gonna apologize for my opinions
Old 06-20-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

By my calculations, maybe .5% AT BEST of Eagles fans (including fair-weather fans and CW99) will abandon the team over this kind of thing. As I said above, 100% of those who leave will come back if the team goes on another playoff run.

Old 06-20-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
CW99
Rookie

Duck season is that it being a fan is not what you say it's what you do and what i do is bleed eagles green no exceptions. Basaza i've been an eagles fan for upwards of 17 years i don't think i'll be abandoning anything
Old 06-20-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Bsaza i'm not here to get in a fight with people and to be honest we are not diffrent
I too am from North VA (prince William to be exact)
I got the tickets in 2005 when we moved to south jersey back in 2004 due to chapter 11 (i'm 19) I got the tickets as pick me up by working for my grandfathers broad iron company Im a dedicated fan man and I'm not gonna sit here and blast a fellow eagles fan especially one that lived in Redskins country but i'm not gonna apologize for my opinions
I never asked you for an apology, dude. I just stated my opinion that your opinion made you look like a terrible fan, and that upset me as a fellow Eagles fan. You can believe what you want, but at the same time, I think that your viewpoint here is horribly misguided and shows an extreme lack of faith. Again, that disappoints me.

I respect that you were able to get those seats and that you've risen above your problems, but you should never tell anyone that you're a better fan because you have season tix.

Old 06-20-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Duck season is that it being a fan is not what you say it's what you do and what i do is bleed eagles green no exceptions. Basaza i've been an eagles fan for upwards of 17 years i don't think i'll be abandoning anything
You said before that you've abandoned the 76ers and the Phillies, and that if the Eagles were to get rid of McNabb, you would abandon them. So, given your history, what you do is abandon teams for whatever reasons. Honestly, I can understand why you're sour on the Sixers and 76ers, but the Eagles? Come on...

Old 06-20-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
CW99
Rookie

well then to put it blunt i didn't appreciate some one calling me a horrible fan for one comment out of 328 comments i have had on this board to be fair I never liked the Phillies and the sixers were a nice little hometown team
Old 06-20-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Duck season is that it being a fan is not what you say it's what you do and what i do is bleed eagles green no exceptions.
When you say you'll have to choose between other teams if your team gets rid of one particular player, I think that's going too far. Sure you can talk smack about your team, but the thought of ever being a fan of another team has never entered my mind. The fact that you listed the Redskins as a potential new team makes it that much more disgusting to me.

Fair weather fans deserve to be followed around by a blizzard.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Well, to be exact, I just went back and read the comments made about you since your initial post about Tommie Harris. At no time did anyone call you a horrible fan. Your lack of loyalty was chastized, but you had to expect that. If you reread, you will see that you misinterpreted.

Old 06-20-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Okay, I have to go home now. I'll catch you guys tomorrow.

Old 07-21-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
New topic.
Here are the current odds regarding the NFC East from Bodog-

-odds to win the NFC East division-

Eagles- 7/4
Cowboys- 7/4
Giants- 5/2
Redskins- 9/2

-odds to win the NFC Championship-

Eagles- 11/2
Cowboys- 11/2
Giants- 10/1
Redskins- 18/1

-odds to win the Super Bowl-

Eagles- 18/1
Cowboys- 20/1
Giants- 25/1
Redskins- 38/1

Maybe this will pull some of the Skins fans out of the woodwork.

never tell me the odds.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
believe me I'm not a nutcase NJX9 hasn't seen enough of me to know that and Bsaza I ain't going anywhere

I just stated my opinion but whatever if you wanna whine about what i say then fine but I must ask you who has SEASON tickets to the game and uh who watches it on tv? The answer i got the season tickets and i spent my whole salary for those 5 tickets every year for my father dedicated I know i am
Season tickets or not, you don't ever say something like you said just because a player, as good as he may be, might be on his way out of town unless you want your loyalty and cojones questioned.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain View Post

never tell me the odds.
Lovely.....