Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-18-2006, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Baltimore the best. Big up front, athletes off the edge, great linebackers, good secondary.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:03 PM    (permalink
intergalacticspacemonkey

I wish I could put Jacksonville on that list. They did what the Bears did. Only on the big stage and against a great team.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:02 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intergalacticspacemonkey
I wish I could put Jacksonville on that list. They did what the Bears did. Only on the big stage and against a great team.

I agree Jacksonville and Dallas both agree to be on that list. Both showed excellent on the big stage. I suppose dallas isn't considered the best because of how they got raped by those big Jags WR's...but pitt also didn't do great. Williams and Jones combined for 14 catches and about 170 yards which was a little less then 50% of their total offense.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:03 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And people were making fun of Mike Peterson for calling them the best in the NFL during the intros...
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacksonville have an elite unit, I wish Hayward didn't go down though.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:46 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Jacksonville have an elite unit, I wish Hayward didn't go down though.
Me too. He was our only every-down defensive end, but there's plenty of depth on the D-line. With Meier starting now and teaming up with Spicer, it's like having four defensive tackles our there. McCray played well on passing downs, and had a sack, too.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:08 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Jacksonville register a turnover with their 4th and 5th Defensive ends on the field?

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:00 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
I like Baltimore the best. Big up front, athletes off the edge, great linebackers, good secondary.
as of now... the D has no weaknesses but that will change... but partly due to my homerism and party due to my knowledge... i have to say balitmore has the most explosive and talented D in the leauge

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:08 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baltimore definately contends for the number 1 Defense. The Bears are awfully good too, but if you look at what the Ravens have done their first two games, number 1 in yards allowed, number 1 in points, number 1 in turnovers, number 1 in yards per play(2.8). [SD is 2nd at 3.3 followed by Seattle at 4.3] 1 in 1st downs per game, number 1 in ypcarry(1.7, second is 2.7), tied for third in sacks, 2nd in QB completion %, already have a dTD and a safety, 3rd in 3rd down percentage. Just throwin some facts out there, they have been good thus far, as have been the Bears, but both teams played bad Os so I'll wait and see how they do against someone better, like SD in week 4.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
And people were making fun of Mike Peterson for calling them the best in the NFL during the intros...
I love the Jacksonville defence. I don't know if they're the best, but they're definitely up there. So big, tough, and mean. I love the way they play.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:36 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baltimore has been great even if they did play bad offences. also, they're carrying my fantasy team :D

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:59 PM    (permalink
I-B-EZ@21133
Rookie

I-B-EZ@21133 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
Baltimore has been great even if they did play bad offences. also, they're carrying my fantasy team :D
Lol, same here. The Ravens defense is one of the most well-rounded defenses with no glaring weaknesses. I'd say Baltimore with Chicago a close second.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacksonville. Mike Peterson is a underrated guy not a lot of people talk about.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:24 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D
Jacksonville. Mike Peterson is a underrated guy not a lot of people talk about.
He is pretty good but his stats are a little inflated having the best DT duo in the league in front of him.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:55 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk23

The rams D has been doin pretty good latley I think they deserve some credit. The did loose to san fran but still. That is not there fault there offense counld not score.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:16 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing that makes our defense so good is how deep we are. Especially on the D-Line and in the Secondary. I mean Tank Johnson, Mark Anderson, and Idonije could start for some teams in the NFL, and yet they're backups to Brown, Wale, Tommie, and Brown.

In the secondary, Manning Jr. while a very good Nickel CB could start for a lot of teams in the NFL as well. And Chris Harris is a pretty solid SS, which I feel is his more natural position.

At LB, Ayenbadejo filled in nicely last week and Jamar Williams has been very good on Special Teams.

Our depth is what makes us really scary.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:38 AM    (permalink
TitansKKH1
Rookie

TitansKKH1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

you can rule out the Titans.

:evil:
Old 09-23-2006, 01:46 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Until I see otherwise, Chicago has the best defense. They are playing all out every down and I don't see a weakness on that team defensively.

Baltimore is 2nd because they have looked great in their first two games as well but I think Chicago's has been more impressive.

Atlanta is 3rd because I still have questions about them. Don't tell me, "they played two division games against Carolina and Tampa Bay". Yeah, I know they did. My favorite team is in that division. But Tampa Bay looks like a glorified college team (the defense is the only thing keeping them from being lower), and Carolina looked flat out terrible in Week 1 and they were missing Steve Smith, their best offensive weapon.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 02:08 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My top 5

1a. Baltimore
1b. Chicago
2. Jacksonville
3. San Diego
4. ATL
5. Seattle
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:15 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i say Ravens are the best. They have great talent just about everywhere on the D

On the line: Suggs is a sack master, Ngata is their first rounder, Pryce is a great DE they got in FA from Denver.

LBs: Ray Lewis looks great and healthy, Adalius Thomas is 1 of the most underrated DEFENSIVE players in the league..hes done it all..safety, LB, DE and he showed his skills verse Raiders with a monster game.

Secondary..IMO the most talented..McAlister, Rolle, Reed and Landry played well last week.

Their D ranks #1 verse run, #3 verse pass #1 Overall. They stopped a team that had a great WR and great rookie RB last year and they stopped Moss and Jordan even though Brooks and their OL sucks.

Jaguars are definatley top 3 BTW. beat 2 quality opponents...shut down the Steelers and did pretty good in first game
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 04:29 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6
i say Ravens are the best. They have great talent just about everywhere on the D

On the line: Suggs is a sack master, Ngata is their first rounder, Pryce is a great DE they got in FA from Denver.

LBs: Ray Lewis looks great and healthy, Adalius Thomas is 1 of the most underrated DEFENSIVE players in the league..hes done it all..safety, LB, DE and he showed his skills verse Raiders with a monster game.

Secondary..IMO the most talented..McAlister, Rolle, Reed and Landry played well last week.

Their D ranks #1 verse run, #3 verse pass #1 Overall. They stopped a team that had a great WR and great rookie RB last year and they stopped Moss and Jordan even though Brooks and their OL sucks.

Jaguars are definatley top 3 BTW. beat 2 quality opponents...shut down the Steelers and did pretty good in first game
It's not to hard to stop those WR's when Simms is your QB.

Screw all that against the run and against the pass crap. I want to know how many points they let up, because that in the end is the most important thing.

Chicago has let up 7 points in two games on defense. And I believe Baltimore is right up there with Chicago.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:35 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:

Screw all that against the run and against the pass crap. I want to know how many points they let up, because that in the end is the most important thing.

Chicago has let up 7 points in two games on defense. And I believe Baltimore is right up there with Chicago.

also not hard to stop kitna and favre now a days..
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:57 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:

also not hard to stop kitna and favre now a days..
Haha can't take a joke...?

Kitna is still a good QB, as is Favre. In Favre's case he just doesn't have the tools around him anymore and he has lost a step, but he's still a good QB.

Quote:
Old 09-24-2006, 12:06 AM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Seattle isn't the best, but they deserve to be an option.
as does Jacksonville
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:11 AM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

fantasy wise i say Baltimore non fantasy wise, Chicago.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote