Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-22-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
http://www.psu.com/node/12142

Twisted Metal may be making a comback.
It better be I miss it, the game ever made!
Old 07-23-2007, 12:41 AM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

I got a question for someone in here. OK, my TV is only 1080i capable (not 1080p). SOOOOO, I can't take advantage of the BluRay feature of PS3. However I found this...

http://www.lenexpo-electronics.com/G...R-p-16760.html

So I was wondering would this converter make it possible for me to watch BluRay movies in BluRay even though my TV is not 1080p capable?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
How many of you guys would be up for a NCAA tournament like the 360 users are having? Ours being on a much smaller scale of course, because we're 1337 like that
I'd be down as well... if football isn't in the way.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

Im down for a PS3 NCAA 08 Tourney.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Alright I'm sorry If I'm repeating something, but how's the online play on the PS3. I heard that when you play MLB Games and Madden the connection always breaks up in the late innings and last few minutes of the game. Is that true?
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:43 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22,895 View Post
Alright I'm sorry If I'm repeating something, but how's the online play on the PS3. I heard that when you play MLB Games and Madden the connection always breaks up in the late innings and last few minutes of the game. Is that true?
EA games tend to have more problems than others, or at least I have heard. The few times I have played PS3 online I have had no problems. The experience is pretty solid overall. It doesn't match the quality of XBox Live, but if you are a casual online gamer who doesn't want to pay $50 then it is more than adequate.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColtScout View Post
I got a question for someone in here. OK, my TV is only 1080i capable (not 1080p). SOOOOO, I can't take advantage of the BluRay feature of PS3. However I found this...

http://www.lenexpo-electronics.com/G...R-p-16760.html

So I was wondering would this converter make it possible for me to watch BluRay movies in BluRay even though my TV is not 1080p capable?
...1080i is still great. Standard DVDs are only 420p, so watching Blu-Ray is still a giant step up. The DVD scaler that you posted would be pointless to buy. Your tv can only upscale to as high as the actual tv can go, which is 1080i in your case. And on top of that, the PS3 can upscale dvds anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22,895 View Post
It's not the PSN's fault, it's EA for giving us the most craptastic servers ever.
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:28 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
All PS3's have backwards capability.

I got a PS3 December 12 a 20gb and play it alot. I have alot of game saves, music, pictures on it and have only used up 1 or 2 gb. Once madden 08 comes out and if your really crunched for space just delete 07 madden saves. Anyways u can go and buy a 100gb memory and stick it in there if you really wanted and its probably cheaper from what i heard.
Does the PS3 have an onboard OS or something resmbling that?

Would it recognize an external USB H/D. You can buy 1 TB hard drives now, and with that, I would think PS3 to be able to watch DVD's.. I would supposed you could rip or download movies to watch on an external HDD on PS3.. would be sweet.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:31 AM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post

Would it recognize an external USB H/D. You can buy 1 TB hard drives now, and with that, I would think PS3 to be able to watch DVD's.. I would supposed you could rip or download movies to watch on an external HDD on PS3.. would be sweet.
I figure it could...I hook my iPod up to my ps3 all the time and it recognizes the dvds and videos.
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Just got NCAA 08, add BengalDan on psn guys.

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Just got NCAA 08, add BengalDan on psn guys.
dude get ready to get owned today, ill play you and I'll join the tournament.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
dude get ready to get owned today, ill play you and I'll join the tournament.
I suck ass, go easy mang, i need practice.

Sig by yours truly.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I had my PS3 I only played three games on it Madden 07 - Managable but most of the old Madden just wasnt there. Fight Night 3- Got Repitive as I guess it would since it was like Round 2 but better graphics and slower, and Nba 07 - Can be fun but the lack of in your face action like power dunking was disappointing, which is to be expected from a new system and I just hope this year is much better...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoe20 View Post
I figure it could...I hook my iPod up to my ps3 all the time and it recognizes the dvds and videos.
Well I guess I'm going to Wal-Mart tonight.. Thanks jerk (J/k)

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is NCAA 08 on PS3? like is it choppy or very smooth because i heard its suppost to be running on 30FPS for Madden on ps3 and 60fps on xbox360. I have a ps2 and it sucks so i need a new system and i dont know which one to do, i rather get ps3 because i have an HDTV so i can use blu-ray.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will never buy a Blu-Ray dvd they have hours of special features that I don't watch any way and it's twice the price of a dvd.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Wow...NCAA 08 is amazing.

After like 5 minutes i was like "meh its alright"

After i played a full game, WOW. Havent had that much fun in a video game, ever.

Sig by yours truly.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

I played NCAA on 360 but not PS3 yet I just wonder how different they will be...
Old 07-24-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Wow...NCAA 08 is amazing.

After like 5 minutes i was like "meh its alright"

After i played a full game, WOW. Havent had that much fun in a video game, ever.
That should mean Madden 08 is going to be awesome. :)
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
How is NCAA 08 on PS3? like is it choppy or very smooth because i heard its suppost to be running on 30FPS for Madden on ps3 and 60fps on xbox360. I have a ps2 and it sucks so i need a new system and i dont know which one to do, i rather get ps3 because i have an HDTV so i can use blu-ray.
The difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS may seem like a lot, but it really isn't a very noticeable difference. The XBox 360 version will run a little smoother but don't expect the PS3 version to be choppy or of poor quality.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
The difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS may seem like a lot, but it really isn't a very noticeable difference. The XBox 360 version will run a little smoother but don't expect the PS3 version to be choppy or of poor quality.
Vouch.

When i play im enjoying everything, everything seems very solid. No complaints.

Sig by yours truly.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Does the PS3 have an onboard OS or something resmbling that?

it recognizes those traveldrive things. I took stuff off my computer (pictures/music/movies) put them on traveldrive and then put it in my PS3 and copied them.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

Yea I had a thumbdrive i had mad music and pictures and even videos that I loaded onto it...
Old 07-24-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Its laggy online, but still playable.

I was Illinois playing against some Louisville kid, was up 10-7, then i forced a fumble and he quit game crying.

Sig by yours truly.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

Quiters suck there a waste of time...