Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2006, 04:59 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'd be up for that definitely

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:03 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan
Yeah I'd be up for that definitely
That is one of my favorite MMA moments ever. That was one of hte most devistating body shots ever. In your sig that is.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:06 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it seemed to go almost in slow motion when you saw it, and then all of a sudden Mccarthy just creased up and David followed up with the flying knee.

Old 09-22-2006, 05:09 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, it seemed to go almost in slow motion when you saw it, and then all of a sudden Mccarthy just creased up and David followed up with the flying knee.
One of the reasons the crow is one of my favorites.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:11 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a sweet body shot, but you can't have a sig and that UKfan, sorry. :?
Old 09-22-2006, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasnt Rulon Gardner a pride fighter for a little bit?
Old 09-22-2006, 05:13 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991
Wasnt Rulon Gardner a pride fighter for a little bit?
Yeah he was training with Randy Coture.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:15 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
That was a sweet body shot, but you can't have a sig and that UKfan, sorry. :?
UKFan if you get rid of that crow thing can i use it as my avatar? Where can you get MMA gifts like that at?
Old 09-22-2006, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:
I'll make sure I dont post results then after I've seen them.

Also I've been thinking, when the boxing draft is done or something, would many people be up for an MMA draft? Maybe take 2 people from each of the weight classes or something.
Yeah i was talking to nerv and schubert about this recently. We did one before that kind of worked but didnt get fully finished. I think we should start a new one up
I would definately be down for another MMA draft, its been awile since the first one and this thread has drawn some more fans.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:28 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
Quote:
Quote:
I'll make sure I dont post results then after I've seen them.

Also I've been thinking, when the boxing draft is done or something, would many people be up for an MMA draft? Maybe take 2 people from each of the weight classes or something.
Yeah i was talking to nerv and schubert about this recently. We did one before that kind of worked but didnt get fully finished. I think we should start a new one up
I would definately be down for another MMA draft, its been awile since the first one and this thread has drawn some more fans.
Yea we could probably get close to 6 squads.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im in for an mma draft.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:44 AM    (permalink

I'll do the MMA draft, and I won't miss it like last time.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:52 AM    (permalink

UFC 63 is on tonight, im still not sure on whether im gonna buy it. I looked at the card and I saw that Danny Abbadi from TUF 3 was on it. I hope he gets pummeled.

Here are some of my predictions for a few of the fights.

Matt Hughes vs. BJ Penn

Mike Swick Vs. David Loiseau

Jason Lambert Vs. Rashad Evans

Gabe Ruediger Vs. Melvin Guillard

Danny Abbadi Vs. Jorge Gurgel

Here is the full fight card.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=Even...htCard&eid=206
Old 09-23-2006, 02:10 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Charm, yeah you can have this for an avatar, I got it from the gif thread at Sherdog, link is http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/3...14525718js.gif

and SARF it's gone from my sig, didn't realise until now how big it was making my sig.

Old 09-23-2006, 02:11 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Schubert
im in for an mma draft.
Cool, should hopefully go better than the boxing one has :evil:

Old 09-23-2006, 02:49 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Charm, yeah you can have this for an avatar, I got it from the gif thread at Sherdog, link is http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/3...14525718js.gif

and SARF it's gone from my sig, didn't realise until now how big it was making my sig.
If you look real close...I think you can see a footprint on his ribs...
Old 09-23-2006, 04:13 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

So should we get an MMA draft set up? I can do it but I'm not on when you guys are all the time due to the time difference so it might be better if someone else runs it.

Old 09-24-2006, 09:19 AM    (permalink

Winners from UFC 63

Tyson Griffin
Jorge Gurgel
Joe Lauzon
Rashad Evans
Melvin Guillard
Mike Swick
Matt Hughes
Old 09-25-2006, 02:15 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Pretty exciting card as well, good to see Rashad finish a fight and a couple of good other finishes.

I do wish that I could change 2 things on the card though:

I wish BJ Penn would concentrate on his cardio, since the guy has mad skills and flexibility. (One legged sprawls with your other leg tucked under your body anyone?)

I wish David Loiseau had been more aggressive, that final round when he pressured Swick and closed the distance he looked a totally different fighter. I know Swick may have been gassed but IMO Loiseau threw away the first 2 rounds simply because he was too passive.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:49 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Pretty exciting card as well, good to see Rashad finish a fight and a couple of good other finishes.

I wish BJ Penn would concentrate on his cardio, since the guy has mad skills and flexibility. (One legged sprawls with your other leg tucked under your body anyone?)

I wish David Loiseau had been more aggressive, that final round when he pressured Swick and closed the distance he looked a totally different fighter. I know Swick may have been gassed but IMO Loiseau threw away the first 2 rounds simply because he was too passive.
The PPV pissed me off as a whole. BJ dominated Hughes until he gassed...The crow sat around for 2 rounds and htan dominated the 3rd but it was too late. The Lambert-Evans fight was my favorite. Just finally getting to see Evans finish off someone was nice and Lambert was probably his toughest opponent yet. Some were talking about Lambert possibly being next in line after Tito to get a title shot. Seein pulver lose was kind of sucky becayse i was excited he was back. I dont know i just wasnt too thrilled with this PPV. Guillard will be the LW champion sooner or later.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:59 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:

The PPV pissed me off as a whole. BJ dominated Hughes until he gassed...The crow sat around for 2 rounds and htan dominated the 3rd but it was too late. The Lambert-Evans fight was my favorite. Just finally getting to see Evans finish off someone was nice and Lambert was probably his toughest opponent yet. Some were talking about Lambert possibly being next in line after Tito to get a title shot. Seein pulver lose was kind of sucky becayse i was excited he was back. I dont know i just wasnt too thrilled with this PPV. Guillard will be the LW champion sooner or later.
I guess I just like to see MMA in general, as long as its not a fight similar to that first Gonzaga one I normally enjoy it.

Old 09-25-2006, 04:59 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
So should we get an MMA draft set up? I can do it but I'm not on when you guys are all the time due to the time difference so it might be better if someone else runs it.
Just thinking about it, I wouldn't have the time to run a draft, back to uni next week. But I'd love to participate in one if anyone else wants to set one up...

Old 09-26-2006, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Just thinking about it, I wouldn't have the time to run a draft, back to uni next week. But I'd love to participate in one if anyone else wants to set one up...
based on the boxing fiasco, I dont think i should be running another draft.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:17 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Weren't your fault Rob, just a lack of participation.

Old 09-26-2006, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Weren't your fault Rob, just a lack of participation.
yeah i know