Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 07-12-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB51 View Post
What r Poz's chances of starting?, cuz im thinkin bout goin tha buffalo fer a game if Poz is startin
Hes got the MLB position locked up. Pick a a game yo u want to see him and go. He'll be in the middle making plays.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Hes got the MLB position locked up. Pick a a game yo u want to see him and go. He'll be in the middle making plays.
I hear the Bills are favoring DiGiorgio as the starter to kick off the season but with Poz playing a lot of snaps as a reserve
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I hear the Bills are favoring DiGiorgio as the starter to kick off the season but with Poz playing a lot of snaps as a reserve
I certainly hope not!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I certainly hope not!!!
He knows the system better and it wouldn't be long before Poz took over anyway so if DiGiorgio starts the 1st 2-3 games it's not a HUGE deal
Old 07-12-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
He knows the system better and it wouldn't be long before Poz took over anyway so if DiGiorgio starts the 1st 2-3 games it's not a HUGE deal
ya by the end of the season Puz will be starting in that middle... so its just a matter of time really

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

anyone on here angry that we are tied for the worst rating in madden with teh raiders and texans.....

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 07-17-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

We also have the worst odds to win the superbowl according to Vegas at 100:1
Old 07-17-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Why is everyone hating on us this year... its not like we got that much worse.. i mean we lost some good guys on defence... but were not hte worst team at all

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 07-17-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
Why is everyone hating on us this year... its not like we got that much worse.. i mean we lost some good guys on defence... but were not hte worst team at all
I honeslty think we GOT ALOT BETTER. The OL was greatly improved, the RB situation was GREATLY improved, personally the LB situation is improved to me. I think that Pos will be miles higher than Fletcher was. Bigger guy, better tackler and better in coverage. I love Crowell and think hes better than Spikes (i think Spikes wont be that great this year) and Ellison, im stoked for the LB's.

The DB's, well CB's in particular took a step backwards this offseason. So if you ask me, OL, TE (TE because with the upgrade of OL, TE will be able to release), RB and LB all got better, and we only lost out at CB. Not bad at all to me. Im really stoked about this season, I have a feeling like I havent had for years.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

didnt know where to go with this. But its 800x600, Thought i share it. I made it for my cousin.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wendling signs.

I like him and Leonhard as the backups, I really like both of them and Leonhard is a really good option for extra secondary sets.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Wendling signs.

I like him and Leonhard as the backups, I really like both of them and Leonhard is a really good option for extra secondary sets.
i really like our safety situation.. i think wendling will show to be one of the steals from this draft

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 07-24-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fast Freddy Smith was brought back with a waiver claim from NE.

Johnny Quinn was released :(

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Anyone able to back me up on this.

All I keep reading about the Bills are how they wont be able to stop the run this year. Well, they did a pretty dismal job last year with the likes of Fletcher, Spikes and Crowell. No knock on those guys, but it wasnt nice. The DL hasnt changed at all. Unless Darwin Walker reports. And all I can say is that another year under the belts of Kyle Williams and John Mccargo can only help. As for LB, Im satisfied with Angelo Crowel play the Sam, and Keith Ellison playing the Will, and I cant wait to see Pos as the Mac. He is much more agile, bigger and can fight off blocks better than Flethcer ever could. And I think once he settles in there as the starter in the middle, this defense will be allright. The secondary is fine with the exception of the LCB spot. This is to me, the biggest loss of the off-season. But it happens, and I think that Ashton Youboty will be a solid player, once given time to play. As for now, Webster and Thomas are a big question mark. Webster is small and injury prone, and Thomas to me is nothing more than a nickle-back at best. I would consider starting Youboty.

This is how I feel regarding the defense right now. I think that run defense can and will be better this year. Obvioulsy there is always room for improvement, but I feel that there will be improvement from this past season. The mini-camps looked good to me. And I think the defense as a whole will play well this year.

P.S If you liked this analysis, then I may write one up for the offensive side of the ball.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone able to back me up on this.

All I keep reading about the Bills are how they wont be able to stop the run this year. Well, they did a pretty dismal job last year with the likes of Fletcher, Spikes and Crowell. No knock on those guys, but it wasnt nice. The DL hasnt changed at all. Unless Darwin Walker reports. And all I can say is that another year under the belts of Kyle Williams and John Mccargo can only help. As for LB, Im satisfied with Angelo Crowel play the Sam, and Keith Ellison playing the Will, and I cant wait to see Pos as the Mac. He is much more agile, bigger and can fight off blocks better than Flethcer ever could. And I think once he settles in there as the starter in the middle, this defense will be allright. The secondary is fine with the exception of the LCB spot. This is to me, the biggest loss of the off-season. But it happens, and I think that Ashton Youboty will be a solid player, once given time to play. As for now, Webster and Thomas are a big question mark. Webster is small and injury prone, and Thomas to me is nothing more than a nickle-back at best. I would consider starting Youboty.

This is how I feel regarding the defense right now. I think that run defense can and will be better this year. Obvioulsy there is always room for improvement, but I feel that there will be improvement from this past season. The mini-camps looked good to me. And I think the defense as a whole will play well this year.

P.S If you liked this analysis, then I may write one up for the offensive side of the ball.
I think our defense is definitely suspect not only in talent but when you subtract all that veteran leadership, it will show on the field. People tend to look at talent alone and forget the leadership part of football which is so important on contending teams.
Our schedule is very tough and with so much veteran talent moving on, it could be a long season. We have to pray that the offense will improve enough to make up for our defensive imaturity. I don't expect any improvement in our record.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwayne Wright signs.

Bills offer Darwin Walker a new contract.

Aaron Brown released.

Paul Posluszny and Marshawn Lynch rumored to be next.

Marv Levy praises Roscoe Parrish on WGR Radio.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Posluszny signed. I'm only getting undisclosed so far, but it was expected to be 4 years.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

LYNCH DEAL DONE
A league source tells us that the Bills have reached an agreement with running back Marshawn Lynch, the No. 12 selection in the 2007 draft. (Adam Schefter of NFL Network was the first to report this.)
Lynch will receive $10,285,000 in guaranteed money, and the total value of the package is $18,935,000 on a five-year deal. (Technically, it's a six-year deal that voids to five if Lynch meets a minimum playing time threshold.)
The key is the duration; Lynch is the fourth player taken in the top 16 who could have been required to sign a six-year deal, but who got in the end a five-year contract.
The former California tailback is expected to step in immediately as the starter, given the offseason trade of Willis McGahee.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
LYNCH DEAL DONE
A league source tells us that the Bills have reached an agreement with running back Marshawn Lynch, the No. 12 selection in the 2007 draft. (Adam Schefter of NFL Network was the first to report this.)
Lynch will receive $10,285,000 in guaranteed money, and the total value of the package is $18,935,000 on a five-year deal. (Technically, it's a six-year deal that voids to five if Lynch meets a minimum playing time threshold.)
The key is the duration; Lynch is the fourth player taken in the top 16 who could have been required to sign a six-year deal, but who got in the end a five-year contract.
The former California tailback is expected to step in immediately as the starter, given the offseason trade of Willis McGahee.
GREAT NEWS!! Thats it for the draft picks. Good to see that they will all be reporting to training camp. Im telling you guys, I am feeling really good about this. Ive told you this before and I will continue to say it. For a while now Ive felt that the Bills needed to get a HC in there who has exprience and has on before. I like Jauron, and hes won in Chicago and has been around as aHC before. Marv LEvy's name should be enough right there. Do you feel the magic in the air?!
Old 07-27-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Josh Reed at it again...

Quote:
In the first play of 7-on-7 Terrence McGee set the tone with a diving pass breakup on a Losman pass intended for Peerless Price. Two plays later a bobbled pass by Josh Reed was pulled out of the air by Keith Ellison for an interception and what would have likely been a touchdown. Ellison now has three interceptions in as many practices.
Kiwaukee Thomas and Mario Haggan also successfully defended passes during the 7-on-7 segement.
In 11-on-11 team work Ko Simpson broke up a pass intended for Robert Royal and McGee knocked a ball from Lee Evans' hands before he could secure it. Jason Webster also had a pass breakup on Price. But perhaps the most entertaining defensive play came on a reverse to Reed. Reed lost his footing and fumbled the ball and Kyle Williams scooped it up and rumbled for the end zone. The play likely would have resulted in a touchdown.
:p

Good ol' Josh.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:17 AM    (permalink
jkb528
Rookie

jkb528 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yea, I saw that stuff about Josh Reed and it made me think "Here we go again...", but if you watch the highlights, especially from yesterday (7-27), he had some nice catches, especially a deep one from Losman where he beat McGee.

I also dont understand the hate the Bills are getting, but I just take comfort in knowing that we'll get the last laugh. I'm trying not to get my hopes up so much that they're unrealistic, but I'd be happy with an 8-8 season, and I think that's reasonable, because the offense has the chance to be VERY explosive this season. Doesn't Marshawn seem to have an extra gear that nobody else has???
jkb528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 06:47 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

josh reed always owns in camp.......unfortunatley in the season......well, we all know. BTW, just so u all know, I am going to make an effort to post more here (when I get back from vaca in 2 weeks) now that the season is upcoming.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great article in the buffalo news

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/128895.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
GREAT NEWS!! Thats it for the draft picks. Good to see that they will all be reporting to training camp. Im telling you guys, I am feeling really good about this. Ive told you this before and I will continue to say it. For a while now Ive felt that the Bills needed to get a HC in there who has exprience and has on before. I like Jauron, and hes won in Chicago and has been around as aHC before. Marv LEvy's name should be enough right there. Do you feel the magic in the air?!
Sorry, but as Levy indicated, the Bills make a lot of player decisions based on a below average budget and that is always going to limit their ability to compete. They continually have to use the draft to replace players who they let go because of financial restraints rather than using the draft to improve positions of weakness. Our owner is simply not in a position to spend money like most of the NFL franchises do. That is the main reason, we have such a terrible record over the last decade. HC's still need talent on their team to consistantly compete, otherwise winning seasons are few and far between.
It's sad that Buffalo has to operate like this but the reality is we simple don't have the financial resources to stay competitive.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Sorry, but as Levy indicated, the Bills make a lot of player decisions based on a below average budget and that is always going to limit their ability to compete. They continually have to use the draft to replace players who they let go because of financial restraints rather than using the draft to improve positions of weakness. Our owner is simply not in a position to spend money like most of the NFL franchises do. That is the main reason, we have such a terrible record over the last decade. HC's still need talent on their team to consistantly compete, otherwise winning seasons are few and far between.
It's sad that Buffalo has to operate like this but the reality is we simple don't have the financial resources to stay competitive.
Well, Im not sure if you are just an arm-chair fan or you really know the sport of football, but to be honest. Its not the team that has the most talent tht wins. Its the team that has the best people. Take New England last year. Two WR you have almost never heard of who have been cut repeatedly, a rookie RB and another RB who is aging. An unproven TE. There is no doubt that San Diego has better talent than New England in almost every position. Look at the Jets. I would take JP Losman over Pennington and Willis MCgahee over Chris Houston or Leon Washington. Yet they still made the playoffs. Why? Because the have the right people. Anyone wonder why Dallas didnt make it far last year? Take a guess.

If you play football or coach football you will understand that you need good players but not always the most talented players. What you need are the right players. Ever watch the movie "Miracle"? Herb Brooks at the try-outs said openly that hes not going to pick the best players, hes going to pick the right players. I think this holds true in football. And thats why I feel with the group the Bills have now, in a couple of years they could surprise many people.