Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What time frame?
07-08/08-09 2 2.35%
09-10/10-11 2 2.35%
11-12/12-13 8 9.41%
13-14/14-15 7 8.24%
15-16/16-17 3 3.53%
2017+ 1 1.18%
Never 62 72.94%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2007, 01:25 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
I guess when you think about vince youngs rookie year its not just about stats. you have to ask yourself, how many games did vince young win that collins wouldnt have, and id have to say at least 5. i doubt the titans wouldve won more than 3 games if collins had been the QB all season, and thats where his value is apparant the most.
That was harsh, but sadly true I have no other evidence to dispute that because of Collin's history on the Raiders...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

its not harsh, he was on pace to throw 32 INTs and complete fewer than fifty percent of his passes.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:24 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
True they won those games fairly, but that doesn't mean that Vince won them himself, which many people seem to give him credit for. Vince didn't win 8 games. The Titans did.

The Jaguars game: 8/15 85 yards, 70.1 rating. No turnovers, but that game was not a game where he took over and won it on his own.

Against Houston, he had a very good game, on top of running for the game winning score. He was a major factor in that one. No TDs through the air, but his yardage and percentage were excellent, and he had a good day on the ground.

In the win against Indy, he was decent, 15/25 163 2TD-2INT. Not a bad game, not a particularly good one either. I wouldn't give him credit for "winning" that one, especially since the game was won on an obscenely long FG attempt.

Philly: 8/22 101 yards, 1 TD. No turnovers, but the yardage and percentage were awful. Not a game where he deserves credit for "winning" the game. The game was a blowout, too, so its not like he threw a last minute game winning TD.

Against Washington, he didn't really do anything special. Same with the game against Houston in Tennessee.

Let me just say though: I do like Vince, I think he has a brilliant future in the league and even though I personally would have voted for Colston, Vince winning OROY was fine in my books. He had an excellent year. Even though as I demonstrated above, in many games he did not truly will the team to victory, he deserves credit for assuming a leadership role, and not throwing games away, while in fact being a leading cause in a few wins.

I understand where your coming from, but at the same time why when its Vince in question its always "he didnt win those games his self", but when were talking about lets say peyton manning its a different story...

Did he win the first playoff game vs the ravens, how about the pats? or the bears? or did his defense win those games?

however you look at it, very few victories can be credited without most of it going to the qb, because they can easily find a way to lose games...if winning games, and not making mistakes was so easy as some demonstrate, then why cant anyone explain why some qb's never get it(tim couch, akili smith)...I dont think Vince has to throw for 300 yds and 4 td's to officially "win the game" for the titans...even games where qb's have great passing games and keep them in the game, alot of credit always goes to the o line, and in alot of cases the defense...Its not like Vince had a trent dilfer type of year, he made huge plays all year...

So me looking at the titans unit, which was the same team kerry collins had and couldnt win with, with the same defense...i find it hard to believe to not credit Vince with most of the turnaround and say he had majority to do with those games....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:53 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
first its he needs to sit for 2-3 years before he can understand the offense...then its his passing stats are horrible as if he's not a rookie qb, then its the defense who won all those games....funny how everyone cries out about how important the qb position is, but when we talk about vince young its EVERY OTHER possible scenario except his play that affected the team...did you notice the same defense wasnt showing up and making big plays early in the year when collins played? they also had the same RB back then, yet were still losing and counting down to calvin johnson....

im so tired of some of the people on here finding excuses for vince not being all he's cracked up to be, but its never going to stop...he did wonders for a team that was destined to be picking top 3 in the draft, everything he did for his team doesnt show up on that stat sheet...
You forgot to mention my favorite one: Vince Young won't be able to run the ball in the NFL.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
You forgot to mention my favorite one: Vince Young won't be able to run the ball in the NFL.
That one was good. However, I like the "OMG he scored 8 on his Wonderlic he's too stupid to play in the NFL!"
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote