Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2006, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Bisping is fighting on the Hughes vs GSP Monson vs Sylvia card.
Who's he fighting?
hasnt been announced. i am not even positive that he is fighting. are u sure ccb? That is a stacked card if it is, hughes-GSP, Sylvia- Monson, Mir-Vera, and Joe Stevenson vs Hominick, and Bisping! That would be the best UFC card I recall, ever.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just saw that nick diaz was on that card too :shock: a must buy imo
Old 09-30-2006, 04:36 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, I just looked around a little to see who he was fighting and all I could find was Bisping vs. TBA...maybe they will put Hamill up against him.

I also saw something about Nick Diaz being on the card as well...I hate Diaz, so I hope they throw someone good at him so he gets whipped.

EDIT- Diaz will be fighting Graison Tibau, who I've never heard of...
http://www.graciefighter.com/?page=news
Old 09-30-2006, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Ok, I just looked around a little to see who he was fighting and all I could find was Bisping vs. TBA...maybe they will put Hamill up against him.

I also saw something about Nick Diaz being on the card as well...I hate Diaz, so I hope they throw someone good at him so he gets whipped.

EDIT- Diaz will be fighting Graison Tibau.
no chance in hell they put bisbing vs hamil on that card. they will make that a co feature after each have had a few fights
Old 09-30-2006, 04:47 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Schubert
Quote:

EDIT- Diaz will be fighting Graison Tibau.
no chance in hell they put bisbing vs hamil on that card. they will make that a co feature after each have had a few fights
Hamel fights petruzelli too close to that fight, They will more than likely have bisping against a Can so he can build up some momentum. Its been rumored in this thread gouveia and sakara are two rumored opponents.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:52 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hamel fights petruzelli too close to that fight, They will more than likely have bisping against a Can so he can build up some momentum. Its been rumored in this thread gouveia and sakara are two rumored opponents.
Yeah, probably is too close...although they have Hughes fighting just under 2 months after his fight with Penn.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:43 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, probably is too close...although they have Hughes fighting just under 2 months after his fight with Penn.
I think if UFC ever does Bisping vs Hamel they will play it up like Griffin vs Bonner and make it a full fledged rivalry. They are gonna have both fighters fight some cans get some win which will cause momentum to build than they will have them fight and that way they can have it as a Co Headliner on a PPV event. They will probably have Hamel destroy some people than he will come out like "I am the real ultimate fighter" and take shots at Bisping.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think if UFC ever does Bisping vs Hamel they will play it up like Griffin vs Bonner and make it a full fledged rivalry. They are gonna have both fighters fight some cans get some win which will cause momentum to build than they will have them fight and that way they can have it as a Co Headliner on a PPV event. They will probably have Hamel destroy some people than he will come out like "I am the real ultimate fighter" and take shots at Bisping.
Exactly, thats what I said about a page back
Old 10-02-2006, 10:26 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly, thats what I said about a page back
Yeah its all marketing Dana will do whatever he can to make a buck and a good rivalry gets peoples attention better.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:39 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Bisping at Sherdog

"hi guys,
i'm fighting on the 11th of november. Cant say who against just yet, but no doubt it will soon be common knowledge.
I would of been fighting sooner but I injured myself training for my last fight. Cant wait to get back in there."

"I wouldnt call the guy im fighting a can. He won his last ufc appearance quite easily in under 3 minutes.
Yeah its at light heavy. Thats my natural weight class and I have no desire to drop down."

Thats why it's been said he's fighting Gouveia or Schafer

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:56 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan
From Bisping at Sherdog

"hi guys,
i'm fighting on the 11th of november. Cant say who against just yet, but no doubt it will soon be common knowledge.
I would of been fighting sooner but I injured myself training for my last fight. Cant wait to get back in there."

"I wouldnt call the guy im fighting a can. He won his last ufc appearance quite easily in under 3 minutes.
Yeah its at light heavy. Thats my natural weight class and I have no desire to drop down."

Thats why it's been said he's fighting Gouveia or Schafer
Well if it's between Schafer and Gouveia and the guy won his last fight in under 3 minutes, it's gotta be Schafer cause Gouveia's last fight went 3:23.

Going through the list of light heavy's at UFC.com, the only other guy that won his last fight in under 3 minutes is David Heath.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:23 PM    (permalink

I'm pretty sure Hamill, Groves and Herman are all fighting at the Ortiz/Shamrock, free UFC event on spike. Oct 10 I think.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:26 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
I'm pretty sure Hamill, Groves and Herman are all fighting at the Ortiz/Shamrock, free UFC event on spike. Oct 10 I think.
This is true
Old 10-04-2006, 01:16 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

They got Herman and Groves fighitng some absolute cans. No one ive ever even heard of before.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:57 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They got Herman and Groves fighitng some absolute cans. No one ive ever even heard of before.
Not surprising really.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:09 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Yeah...not a very exciting card at all...but I'll watch it anyway.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:22 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Tito vs Dana White in a boxing match

http://www.insidefighting.com/betwee....aspx?uid=3171

That should be pretty funny.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:

I heard about that.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:27 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:

I heard about that.
That will be hilarious. Tito doesnt have a great stand up but im sure he will make a full outta dana. Does anyone know anything about Dana's capabilities in the ring/octagon? Does he train for nething...bjj, boxing muay thai etc..
Old 10-05-2006, 01:48 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I heard about that.
That will be hilarious. Tito doesnt have a great stand up but im sure he will make a full outta dana. Does anyone know anything about Dana's capabilities in the ring/octagon? Does he train for nething...bjj, boxing muay thai etc..
He used to teach boxercise, if that helps

Actually it appears Dana did indeed do a bit of boxing, from wikipedia:

"I boxed before getting into submission fighting and got hooked. Actually, I owned three boxing gyms in Vegas. I trained and managed fighters and had a sports management company. One day I met Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell, whom I started representing, and I got into this huge contract negotiation with Bob Meyrowitz, the former owner of Tito Ortiz’s contract. Through that, Bob and I developed a mutual respect for one another, and I discovered he was selling UFC."

Old 10-05-2006, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Dana was a pretty good amatuer boxer
Old 10-05-2006, 02:03 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Wasn't there supposed to be a fight between Joe Rogan and Wesley Snipes?
Old 10-05-2006, 06:46 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wasn't there supposed to be a fight between Joe Rogan and Wesley Snipes?
yeah snipes pussed out
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:21 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Cote vs Rivera tonight. I predict a Cote KO
Old 10-05-2006, 09:03 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Yeah, Cote is gonna whip Rivera.