Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:05 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goddamn stop it with all this "Bears SuperBowl Bound" crap...We're 4-0, whoopdy ******* doo....I love our team and what we've done so far. But my god, all the sudden we're "SuperBowl Bound" after we hadn't proven anything up to this point by beating GB, Detroit, and Minny.

We're a talented team, yes, but as a Chicago fan with the chokes of the Cubbies and my Bears, I'm still skeptical of our chances.

If we play to our potential every game here on out, we have enough talent to make a run at the SB but like 51 said, anything can happen.

So please stop with all this Bears to the SB talk until we get to the postseason.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Adams
Trent Dilfer was an established veteran when he led his team to the Superbowl.

And see, here's where everyone saying "he doesn't need to lead his team" is wrong. He's the quarterback. He's the offensive leader. There's going to be a point and time where the pressure is on him...a lot of pressure. And is he going to do well or not? I doubt the defense is going to shut everyone out. Grossman is going to need to have some big drives down the strech.

The Bears do have the best defense, in my opinion, but they're going to need Grossman to say calm and play mistake free football if they want to win the big one.
Grossman can do what Big Ben did last year. Quarterback is just a piece of the puzzle, there are plenty of mediocre QB's (sometimes very young ones) that have won Superbowls.
lol. A QB has to be efficient under pressure against great defenses in the playoffs. Sure, they don't have to do everything, but an inexperienced Grossman (who, imo, I think isn't that talented anyway [sry bears fans]), will screw up too many times against good defenses. What Grossman is doing now means nothing when it comes to the playoffs. Even Big Ben, as you mentioned, bombed it in his first playoff outing.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:31 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
Quote:
Quote:

And see, here's where everyone saying "he doesn't need to lead his team" is wrong. He's the quarterback. He's the offensive leader. There's going to be a point and time where the pressure is on him...a lot of pressure. And is he going to do well or not? I doubt the defense is going to shut everyone out. Grossman is going to need to have some big drives down the strech.

The Bears do have the best defense, in my opinion, but they're going to need Grossman to say calm and play mistake free football if they want to win the big one.
Grossman can do what Big Ben did last year. Quarterback is just a piece of the puzzle, there are plenty of mediocre QB's (sometimes very young ones) that have won Superbowls.
lol. A QB has to be efficient under pressure against great defenses in the playoffs. Sure, they don't have to do everything, but an inexperienced Grossman (who, imo, I think isn't that talented anyway [sry bears fans]), will screw up too many times against good defenses. What Grossman is doing now means nothing when it comes to the playoffs. Even Big Ben, as you mentioned, bombed it in his first playoff outing.
Namy I love ya as a poster but Grossman "not that talented." Wow, watcha smokin man. He's definitely talented. Big arm, great accuracy, smart, good leader, tough (those injuries were flukes), and a saavy player.

The thing is dude, Grossman's been in a playoff game. He played against Carolina last year and played well in the 2nd Half. So that rationale is a little flawed.

Rex has exceded 99% of this boards expectations. Including myself. I knew he'd be good, but not this good. And for us to win games he really doesn't have to play at the level he's playing at now, but hey I'm not complaining. He can manage a game, while moving our offense and we'll have a good shot to win every game the rest of the way, but I know he's going to more than just a game manager. He's a legit QB who still has a lot of potential.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:36 PM    (permalink
D4rk 0ne
Veteran

D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Your question was if he is capable of leading a team to the Superbowl. To that, I don't know if he will ever be. He certainly isn't now. However, is his team capable of getting to the Superbowl? Definitely.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rk 0ne
Your question was if he is capable of leading a team to the Superbowl. To that, I don't know if he will ever be. He certainly isn't now. However, is his team capable of getting to the Superbowl? Definitely.
I'll agree with that. Rex won't "lead" us to a SB, but he is a big piece to what could be a trip to the SB if we stay healthy and keep playing well.

I just hope we don't lean on Rex too much here to produce huge numbers every week. I'd be happy with 200 yards and a TD game in and game out.

Quote:
Old 10-03-2006, 11:40 PM    (permalink
IRONMAN27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Namy I love ya as a poster but Grossman "not that talented." Wow, watcha smokin man. He's definitely talented. Big arm, great accuracy, smart, good leader, tough (those injuries were flukes), and a saavy player.

The thing is dude, Grossman's been in a playoff game. He played against Carolina last year and played well in the 2nd Half. So that rationale is a little flawed.

Rex has exceded 99% of this boards expectations. Including myself. I knew he'd be good, but not this good. And for us to win games he really doesn't have to play at the level he's playing at now, but hey I'm not complaining. He can manage a game, while moving our offense and we'll have a good shot to win every game the rest of the way, but I know he's going to more than just a game manager. He's a legit QB who still has a lot of potential.
He has not been a proven leader. This is the most amount of games he's played since his injury-riddled career. He failed to lead his team in the playoffs last year. You can say he played great in the 2nd Half, but bottom line, he didn't win. He has been great so far, but I wanna see if it lasts the whole season.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:44 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONMAN27
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

He has not been a proven leader. This is the most amount of games he's played since his injury-riddled career. He failed to lead his team in the playoffs last year. You can say he played great in the 2nd Half, but bottom line, he didn't win. He has been great so far, but I wanna see if it lasts the whole season.
Our defense didn't win the playoff game. 21 points was enough to win that game. Our defense lost that game, period. I don't put any of the load on Rex's shoulders. Sure he had a difficult first half but he put up 21 points on the board, and our defense couldn't hold.

Quote:
Old 10-03-2006, 11:48 PM    (permalink
IRONMAN27

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Our defense didn't win the playoff game. 21 points was enough to win that game. Our defense lost that game, period. I don't put any of the load on Rex's shoulders. Sure he had a difficult first half but he put up 21 points on the board, and our defense couldn't hold.
A proven leader IMO, would be able to overcome that... someone like a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, who can go above and beyond and carry a team when others stuggle. I haven't seen that out of Grossman Obviously, this season maybe his time to prove that, but until he does, I'm still holding out.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:53 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

A proven leader IMO, would be able to overcome that... someone like a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, who can go above and beyond and carry a team when others stuggle. I haven't seen that out of Grossman Obviously, this season maybe his time to prove that, but until he does, I'm still holding out.
Struggle? Hmmm, more like our defense bombed that game.

Quote:
Old 10-03-2006, 11:55 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless Sexy Rexy is getting traded to the Jets or Rams, NO!
Old 10-03-2006, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Capable? Yes. Will it happen? They look to have a better chance than anyone in the NFC.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:58 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
Capable? Yes. Will it happen? They look to have a better chance than anyone in the NFC.
It's why ya gotta love football. The best teams fall a lot of the time. And like many have said, a great regular season is fine but unless you prove it in the postseason, it doens't matter.

Quote:
Old 10-04-2006, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

you're absolutely right. But this year isnt last year, so I believe he can lead us. He is a leader on the offense, why cant ppl see that? Now does he lead the entire team? No, he just leads the offense. The defense doesnt look to him, they look after their own. The offensive players respect him, they play hard for him, and they trust him. Hes their leader. Period.
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:12 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

you're absolutely right. But this year isnt last year, so I believe he can lead us. He is a leader on the offense, why cant ppl see that? Now does he lead the entire team? No, he just leads the offense. The defense doesnt look to him, they look after their own. The offensive players respect him, they play hard for him, and they trust him. Hes their leader. Period.
Especially since the players see him as the leader on offense :roll: IDK how everyone can go against that :roll:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Especially since the players see him as the leader on offense :roll: IDK how everyone can go against that :roll:
the question is Do you think Rex is capable of leading his team to the Super Bowl this year?

He is the offense's leader. He showed in the Minny game that he can overcome his mistakes and bs calls (also known as adversity). I dont see any reason he isnt CAPABLE of it. If the word was probable I would say no. But I think Rex is capable of leading the team, for the sole reason is that the players respect and trust him.
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:03 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So basically what you're saying is that Tom Brady isn't a proven leader anymore because he wasn't able to respond to the beatdown they took from Denver. He was a proven leader, but once a team loses, the QB isn't a proven leader anymore. Football is a team oriented game. The QB is given too much credit when the team wins and too much blame when the team loses. I would say Rex is, at best, the 7th-8th most important player on our team.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote