Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-02-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rutgers Scarlet Knights Thread

I didn't know where to put this but knowing that I believe Jughead, Giantsfan and scottyboy are all RU fans; I thought it would fit here.

So what do you guys think of the upcoming season? I think if Teel continues to show growth as he did following the Cincy disaster last year, that this team can contend again. Losing Stephenson, Stapleton, Meekins and particularly Harris and Brian Leonard really hurt. But I trust Blas and hopefully Anthony Davis to fill the void in the OL this season.

Really big on Britt this season, I think along with Underwood and Brown that the WRs should pick up the slack left by Harris.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i LOVE THIS!!!! the OL losses will hurt, but we're pretty deep with young OL. not sure if Davis will start right away, and i really like Blas. our WR corp will be very good. Meekins hurts, but we still have Foster and RU has great TEAM D with not many stand out stars but great team guys who know how to play. the secondary will be amazing with Girault, Greene and the McCourty's. Rankart and Malast are pretty much set at LB and i hope Abreu wins out the other spot. I'm very excited about this up coming season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great idea. Rutgers has a pretty big following on these boards which is pretty cool to see. I'm very excited with Zuttah and Sosa manning the tackle spots. I think we'll see Davis at guard by the end of the year. Since the Navy game last year I declared that Kenny Britt will be a huge threat in the Big East. Apparently he is as chiseled as ever and has looked great so far in practice and the Spring Game. I'm also excited to see Greene and the McCourty's. If anything we'll have to worry about LB a little but I think Abreu will win a spot and Renkart will be fine.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys go to Rutgers or just a fan since you live in Jersey?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
my dad went there and its really the ONLY school i want to go to. I just love football and with my dad going there have grown up loving them. Plus my cousin was a freshman there last year. I mean as im typing this I'm in my Keep Choppin shirt lol
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
my dad went there and its really the ONLY school i want to go to. I just love football and with my dad going there have grown up loving them. Plus my cousin was a freshman there last year. I mean as im typing this I'm in my Keep Choppin shirt lol
Haha Good stuff. Jughead and I went to Rutgers and we live about 10-15 mins away without traffic which is nice.

Also, Rutgers got Art Forst a 4* OL from Jersey to stay home. He had offers from Florida and ND so the Jersey guys are slowly starting to stay. He's our 3rd 4 star that committed already. We're going to have a huge OL for yeras to come which is where everything starts as we all know.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Haha Good stuff. Jughead and I went to Rutgers and we live about 10-15 mins away without traffic which is nice.

Also, Rutgers got Art Forst a 4* OL from Jersey to stay home. He had offers from Florida and ND so the Jersey guys are slowly starting to stay. He's our 3rd 4 star that committed already. We're going to have a huge OL for yeras to come which is where everything starts as we all know.
I saw that. this kinda stuff just makes me so happy. Seeing the Jersey guys WANTING to stay in Jersey to play for RU to stay at home AND win. Seems every week or so I see another recruit(local) commit for next year. they're really building this program beautifully
Quote:
Old 08-02-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Schiano has done an excellent job that's for sure. My first year was Schiano's first year so it's been awesome to see it grow.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I had a sister who recently graduated from RU and her boyfriend is currently going to RU-Camden. Others in the family have been there too and I am hoping to go there on XC but got to be realistic.

This is what makes RU's future exciting. Davis was just, hopefully, the tip of the iceberg. Seeing major recruits, that could be considered 5* by some staying in the area. I'm wondering if RU can get a major offensive player soon.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Hopefully D.C. Jefferson is that guy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-03-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Rutgers opens camp today and they are ranked 16th in the USA Today poll. Not a suprise there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-03-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, do you guys think Rice will stay four years or is this his last year?

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
So, do you guys think Rice will stay four years or is this his last year?
He'll stay and finish out his whole career. I remember reading something that the majority of Schiano recruits signed something saying they'd play out their whole career at Rutgers. Rice isnt the kind of guy i see leaving early either.
Quote:
Old 08-03-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've never had a favorite college football team, so I chose Rutgers once they stopped sucking.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
I've never had a favorite college football team, so I chose Rutgers once they stopped sucking.
Ah man, you were lucky to not go through the Cubit days and the early Hart ones.

I don't think Ray Rice is as special as a pro prospect as he is a college RB; he's almost like a Tony Hunt. There is no real reason for him to go pro but I don't think he does anyway. Courtney Greene on the other hand....

Old 08-03-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

NFL wise Greene has the most potential on the team. I really think Kenny Britt is going to be huge this year and will make himself a high pick as well in the future.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-03-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He'll stay and finish out his whole career. I remember reading something that the majority of Schiano recruits signed something saying they'd play out their whole career at Rutgers. Rice isnt the kind of guy i see leaving early either.
Rice also has had a ton of carries in two years. After this a full year of carries this season he may just decide to come out. A lot of coaches think RBs just have a certain amount of carries in their body. They will almost look at it as a negative if Rice carried the load for almost 4 full seasons of college football.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Rice also has had a ton of carries in two years. After this a full year of carries this season he may just decide to come out. A lot of coaches think RBs just have a certain amount of carries in their body. They will almost look at it as a negative if Rice carried the load for almost 4 full seasons of college football.
true, but you this will be his 1st full year of being the focal point on O. His freshman year was nice, but Leonard was the main guy running and recieving out of the backfield. Last year was a transition to Rice who became our guy on O, but Leonard still had a fair amount of carries.(not enough IMO) This year, Corcoran isnt much of a ground threat and Young mainly recieves out of the backfield. Compared to other RB's, Rice hasnt had AS much of a beating to his body. but i understand your point with NFL scouts and worry on his body etc.
Quote:
Old 08-03-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Well it's not exactly the carries amount but remember, Rice isn't a burner and he isn't exaclty built like Greg Jones. He looks for contact, which is admirable, but could take a toll on his body sooner rather than later.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
Well it's not exactly the carries amount but remember, Rice isn't a burner and he isn't exaclty built like Greg Jones. He looks for contact, which is admirable, but could take a toll on his body sooner rather than later.
his big pluses in the NFL are his leadership, willing to play, great character, and great break away speed when he hits the corner. he's isnt a powe back, and not a total speed burner, but he just some how finds ways to be an outstanding rusher
Quote:
Old 08-11-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

there are quite a few battles to be won before the season starts. Who's gonna be stephenson's replacement? highly touted frosh Davis, or someone else? can anyone step in and play with the level of intensity that Meekins did along side All american Foster?(i hope its the Hardison from Freehold) can westerman keep putting pressure on QB's? there are a couple guys who could be the other bookend, i personnally like Chenry Lewis. also, who's gonna start at LB? will Abreu(pronounce abroo oddly enough). get a shot there? what do you guys think?

also, who do you guys feel will replace Harris? my money's on Brock, but there are quite a few choices.
Quote:

Last edited by scottyboy : 08-11-2007 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Tim Brown broke his hand yesterday in a scrimmage. Not cool. He'll be out 4-6 weeks. He's our speedster who stretches the D. this hurts our depth at WR, and means Dennis Campbell is gonna have to step up along side Britt and Underwood.

also, TE and MLB are still open and our biggest holes...
Quote:
Old 08-19-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Tim Brown broke his hand yesterday in a scrimmage. Not cool. He'll be out 4-6 weeks. He's our speedster who stretches the D. this hurts our depth at WR, and means Dennis Campbell is gonna have to step up along side Britt and Underwood.

also, TE and MLB are still open and our biggest holes...
That's bad news. Everyone was pretty high on him after the Texas Bowl. I think Renkart is hurt so how long is he going to be out untill?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-23-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I think the Brown injury was a rumor as I've never seen anything official. Also, one week untill opening day!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-24-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

gf1080. it's been all in the star ledger. he should return for maryland. and YESSSSS cant wait till next week. should be a buffalo beatdown!!!
Quote: