Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-26-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Xbox 360 already has a far larger collection of games. Yes, PS3 is playing catch-up and attempting to match them but how does that make them better?
"Already"? Why would you say already? Of course it has a larger collection of games, it came out a year before.
Graphics being far superior is a guess and there is no evidence to support that. As of now, Xbox 360 has better graphics. In the future, who knows. The difference will be marginal at best anyways.
The Unreal engine and the White Engine were specifically built to optimize the PS3's hardware. Look at Unreal Tournament, the graphics blow Gears of War out of the water. They'll be released at the same time relative to the life-span of the consoles.
99% of people do not need a Blu-Ray player nor will they for years. Plus, combo drives are already coming out making single-format drives basically useless in the longrun.
Combo drives? As in universal hd-dvd and blu-ray players? Those are a waste of money. Blu-Ray has already won. More space, support, same codecs, and Blockbuster has already dropped hd-dvd for Blu-Ray even online. Blu-Ray is outselling HD-DVD at a rate of 3-1. HD-DVD won't be around by 2008. And the 99% bit wasn't true at all. Blu-Ray in a sense is selling faster than DVD was when it first came out.
10characters. Bolded=me.

Anyway, the Heavenly Sword demo came out today. Short, but it gives you a feel for the gameplay.

Last edited by dhoe20 : 07-26-2007 at 03:38 PM.
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

^
Very well done.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man that heavenly sword demo is so sick!
Old 08-01-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barring a last minute change of heart, I'm getting a PS3 and NCAA 08 tomorrow!!!
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's simply untrue. the hardware in the ps3 is superior, in terms of pure graphics processing power, to what microsoft put into the 360. case in point, ATi, the company MS went with, is no longer even competing with nVidia, the company Sony went with, for high end graphics on the computer. they haven't been competitive in at least two years. i have no idea why anyone continues to believe the machines, at similar points in their lifespan are anywhere close in regards to graphics power. debate the CEL silliness all you want, but to say the 360 is, has been or ever will be "ahead" in graphics is simply false.
True. PS3 hasnt had the lifespan of the 360 and already is producing great games. I heard that only 30% of the PS3's power is being used for Madden this year which means when they make the game for PS3 next and port it to 360 the PS3 version is gonna be miles ahead of the 360. As well 80% of confirmed third party games set for 2009 release will be ported from PS3, which is great. Blu-ray is outselling hd by 75% 3/1. Im gettin my PS3 a few days before Madden drops.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Barring a last minute change of heart, I'm getting a PS3 and NCAA 08 tomorrow!!!
Nice... Add Brownscanes80 to your friends and ill play unranked against you online so its competitive but it doesn't matter towards our records :)

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like I'll be getting one fairly soon as well. I nedd to get the brakes on my truck fixed, but once that's paid off, PS3 here I come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23170.html

Finally a PS3 Madden video.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
OMG!!! It's gonna suck!!! It's only at 30 fps!!!
Old 08-03-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
OMG!!! It's gonna suck!!! It's only at 30 fps!!!
Its looks pretty fluid, the difference isnt really noticeable. Also it isnt at 30 but it isnt at 60 either. At E3 they said it wont be running at 60 but not 30 either. All the madden sites that have the game so far say it runs much better than NCAA.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

I was being sarcastic, it looks good to me.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Downloaded the GRAW 2 demo for ps3... looks sick.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I was being sarcastic, it looks good to me.
My bad, I was too memorized staring into Big Papi's intense eyes to pickup on the sarcasm, that is an intense man.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

I DLed GRAW2 and the Darkness. I like them both a lot.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Question, is 60gb enough to hold all the stuff? How much have you guys used up? How much of the 60gb would a madden franchise and superstar mode combined take up, a gb? Thanks
Old 08-04-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

How much "stuff" are you talking about? 60 GB should be more than enough to hold whatever you want. For NCAA a roster takes up 1275 KB, a campus legend takes up 5051, and a profile takes up 223 KB. Add all of that up you have less than 7 MB. There are 1000 MB in 1 GB. A Madden Franchise and Superstar Mode I would estimate take up a combined 10 MB.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
How much "stuff" are you talking about? 60 GB should be more than enough to hold whatever you want. For NCAA a roster takes up 1275 KB, a campus legend takes up 5051, and a profile takes up 223 KB. Add all of that up you have less than 7 MB. There are 1000 MB in 1 GB. A Madden Franchise and Superstar Mode I would estimate take up a combined 10 MB.
Wow, thanks, how on earth would anyone use up the full 60gb.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Anyone know what the Limited Edition version of Assassin's Creed is going to have?
Old 08-04-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone know what the Limited Edition version of Assassin's Creed is going to have?
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/908/908108.html

Quote:
This rare Limited Edition package features a number of bonus materials for fans of the game. Packed inside a special tin box, the Limited Edition features a figurine of lead hero Altair, a set of Penny Arcade comics, a Mini-strategy guide, Assassin-themed short films, and additional Assassin's Creed videos.
sounds like some garbage put together to try and get a little more $$$

Old 08-04-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

It's only $10 more, so it could possibly be worth it. Although, I am already ruling out the GTA Special Edition. It's $30 for a duffel bag, a key chain, a cd, and an art book. I'll pass on that one.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

As most of you guys know Im gettin a PS3 in a week or so before Madden. I have a few questions. Is setting up for online the same as PS2, run the cable (Cat5E Blue?) from the PS3 to computer? Is the bluetooth headset the only one that will work with the PS3? Anything I should know? Anything I should get? Any other information is appreciated.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
As most of you guys know Im gettin a PS3 in a week or so before Madden. I have a few questions. Is setting up for online the same as PS2, run the cable (Cat5E Blue?) from the PS3 to computer? Is the bluetooth headset the only one that will work with the PS3? Anything I should know? Anything I should get? Any other information is appreciated.
Getting online is simple as can be. For you, just plug in the cable and connect (read instructions on how to establish connection). The bluetooth works really good as a headset but other regular ones work as well. I think they have to be usb though.

Basically, just get the system. It comes with a controller, so if have more then 1 person who wants to play then buy another controller. I think they are developing a new controller w/ a rumble pack which shouldn't be ready for a while now.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Getting online is simple as can be. For you, just plug in the cable and connect (read instructions on how to establish connection). The bluetooth works really good as a headset but other regular ones work as well. I think they have to be usb though.

Basically, just get the system. It comes with a controller, so if have more then 1 person who wants to play then buy another controller. I think they are developing a new controller w/ a rumble pack which shouldn't be ready for a while now.
The cable you are talking about, what is it? The blue Cat5E? Also are you saying that any headset with a microphone attached will work?
Old 08-04-2007, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
The cable you are talking about, what is it? The blue Cat5E? Also are you saying that any headset with a microphone attached will work?
If the bluecat5e is an ethernet cable, then yes, it should work.

And I think any headset will work as long as you connect it via usb.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
If the bluecat5e is an <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="ethernet%20cable" onmouseover="window.status='ethernet cable'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">ethernet cable</a>, then yes, it should work.

And I think any headset will work as long as you connect it via usb.
The blue Cat5E is what I used for PS2, also...

Do you use a router?

I am back and forth 2 places, can I play online at both places with the same account?