Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

Favre4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i dont know if you watch packer games but half of kabeers 10 sacks come when the packers are down 20 with 2 minutes left in the game. they mean nothing!
Old 10-05-2006, 01:47 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite
IMO he'd be a beast at OLB in the 34, but he's only average and gets a lot of sacks against crappy opponents and then disappears.

correct

see greg ellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Thats what I would do. With the money you save, you can address other needs. Youre set at LB, maybe a ballhawk FS can be in the works for round 1.

If all else fails, you can let go KGB and draft a stud in round 1.
Nick Collins is playing FS you wanna replace him already? no we need a stud SS. Or we could move Collins to corner but that would waste his hitting ability and athleticism to roam the whole field. He was the guy containing Reggie Bush when we played the Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay
KGB is inconsistent and overrated IMO. Kampman is a much better DE.
Yeah Kamp is one of the most complete DE's in the game. But I think on the right side you can sorta get away with what KGB does, he added muscle pounds in the offseason to help him and he is playing the run better, also based on our Yards Per Carry (rush defense) and Sack production from the D-Line, our D-Line is probably the strength of our team so far.
If by complete, you mean completely average, I agree.
I'm losing more and more respect for you, you used to give good analysis and not trash talk but now it seems all you do is talk trash and give a good opinion rarely. I didn't say he was Reggie White or Bruce Smith, I said he had a complete game, he does lots of things well and has a great motor. If he didn't play hard all the time he wouldn't be as good. I know he's not an elite player but you ask players who've played him this year if he's average and they'll tell you he's good. Don't let the Bears fan in you get in the way, if you can't admit he's good then what the hell are you yapping about when everybody else knows he's a good player.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:20 PM    (permalink
NIG

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thats what I would do. With the money you save, you can address other needs. Youre set at LB, maybe a ballhawk FS can be in the works for round 1.

Nick Collins is playing FS you wanna replace him already? no we need a stud SS. Or we could move Collins to corner but that would waste his hitting ability and athleticism to roam the whole field. He was the guy containing Reggie Bush when we played the Saints

Quote:
Yeah Kamp is one of the most complete DE's in the game. But I think on the right side you can sorta get away with what KGB does, he added muscle pounds in the offseason to help him and he is playing the run better, also based on our Yards Per Carry (rush defense) and Sack production from the D-Line, our D-Line is probably the strength of our team so far.
I'm losing more and more respect for you, you used to give good analysis and not trash talk but now it seems all you do is talk trash and give a good opinion rarely. I didn't say he was Reggie White or Bruce Smith, I said he had a complete game, he does lots of things well and has a great motor. If he didn't play hard all the time he wouldn't be as good. I know he's not an elite player but you ask players who've played him this year if he's average and they'll tell you he's good. Don't let the Bears fan in you get in the way, if you can't admit he's good then what the hell are you yapping about when everybody else knows he's a good player.
I agree with you completely Nitschke. Kampman is a very complete DE. He is a really really high energy guy. Very Stout against the run, and every time i watch him on a passing down he is collapsing the pocket. He is a very good player, who im sure most teams would love to have on there roster. And as for KGB, one word describes him....Overrated. Sorry.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
You're really contradicting yourself here. By saying he's one of the most complete defensive ends in the NFL, then you're pretty much sticking him in the elite category. The most complete end in the game has a name ending in eppers. If you want to consider Kampman in that class of being the most complete, then you're making him elite.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Vilma basically already said what I was implying. I don't really think Kampman is average, I was merely saying that to imply how outlandish your comments were. To say that he is:

"One of the most complete ends in the game"

Is stupid.

So far Kampman's career high in sacks for a season is 6. He's good but not amazing against the run and while he does have a nice # of sacks so far this year, untill he actually racks up at least 12 sacks in a season, which would be double his career count, he's not much of a pass rush threat either. If he sustains his numbers throughout the year then I'll gladly eat my words, but right now he's not one of the top 10 DE's in the league, and if he's not in the top 10, he sure as hell ain't one of the most complete ends in the league.

Don't let the fact that you only have a handful of players that are having a good season get in the way of you not saying ridiculous things.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 01:48 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best way to describe Kampmann, he is very good at everything, but not great at anything.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 02:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447
The best way to describe Kampmann, he is very good at everything, but not great at anything.
Yes.

Old 10-07-2006, 04:01 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which means he is a complete defensive end... To be a complete player doesnt mean you have to be elite. He can do everything well, therefore, he is a complete defensive end. He is one of the most complete DE's in the league.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 05:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Which means he is a complete defensive end... To be a complete player doesnt mean you have to be elite. He can do everything well, therefore, he is a complete defensive end. He is one of the most complete DE's in the league.
No. There are at least 5 DE's that are better against both the run AND the pass than Kampman.

Old 10-07-2006, 06:35 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
No. There are at least 5 DE's that are better against both the run AND the pass than Kampman.
No doubt. He is good, but in no way should anyone consider him to be at the top of the spectrum when it comes to DEs.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote