Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-26-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22,895 View Post
So basically you don't like NASCAR which is fine,but I know there are lots of people in other countries that would say "why would you watch a bunch of men tackling each other with a bunch of screaming fans." I mean some people like other sports than others just because you don't like it doesn't mean other people can't like it.
Where did I say other people can't like it? NASCAR is like track & field in cars with a few pitstops. Football is not a bunch of men tackling each other with a bunch of screaming fans.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Where did I say it sucked? I just said what I thought about it.
I never said that. I said it's the same as saying "hockey sucks" in the NHL discussion. And it is.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
See, the difference is that NASCAR IS guys driving around a donut track for 500 laps. Football ISN'T guys running around with a football.
It really isn't. The same generalization you are using is pretty much what he used for football.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Where did I say it sucked? I just said what I thought about it.
You implied it.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Gordon baby best driver out there! Jeff is gonna win it this year.
Fan of Gordon, USC and the Cowboys? I'm surprised you're not a Yankee fan.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
Fan of Gordon, USC and the Cowboys? I'm surprised you're not a Yankee fan.
Nah I'm just fans of where I was born and where I lived all my life. (and my dad is a fan of those teams so I just inherited)
Old 07-26-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
It really isn't. The same generalization you are using is pretty much what he used for football.
So explain what NASCAR really is?
Old 07-26-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you really think all they do is drive around in a circle for 500 miles?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Do you really think all they do is drive around in a circle for 500 miles?
Well they have to stop and allow their pit crews to do maintenance every now and then...
Old 07-26-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NASCAR basically sums up the southern states. Seems completely ridiculous to me and I don't see how it is exciting at all to see somebody drive 500 laps in 3 hours or whatever around a donut track.
I had a little more faith in you Moses. You are right in saying that it does sum up the Southern states. BUT that was years ago. Now, NASCAR has fans everywhere and some of the most rabid, die-hard fans are from the North. I have a buddy of mine down here in Louisiana who is from Massachusetts and he is the biggest NASCAR fan I have ever met. NASCAR is just one of those sports that is gaining in popularity and you can not pigeonhole the fans by saying they are from a specific region. At least not anymore.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I had a little more faith in you Moses. You are right in saying that it does sum up the Southern states. BUT that was years ago. Now, NASCAR has fans everywhere and some of the most rabid, die-hard fans are from the North. I have a buddy of mine down here in Louisiana who is from Massachusetts and he is the biggest NASCAR fan I have ever met. NASCAR is just one of those sports that is gaining in popularity and you can not pigeonhole the fans by saying they are from a specific region. At least not anymore.
Oh, don't get me wrong. It is growing wildly in popularity. Hell, even Canadians are joining in full force. I'm just saying that it's a sport built upon southern culture and values and I would guess it's still most popular down there.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, all Moses is really saying it isn't his cup of tea I assume.

Anyway, with the Chase closing in; who do you guys having the 'ship won? Hendrick is the most dominant team right now in CoT races and regular cars so I still have JG winning it. Hamlin is my other driver as coming down the stretch; he should enjoy some success.

I have Hamlin winning the Brickyard.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
NASCAR basically sums up the southern states. Seems completely ridiculous to me and I don't see how it is exciting at all to see somebody drive 500 laps in 3 hours or whatever around a donut track.
What an idiotic generalization. 'Basically sums up the souther states'? So you are saying that southern states know more about the science of a car than the rest of the country? Fan-freaking-tastic!

I guess you watch a football game and wonder "why do those the guy with the ball always run towards the other men? Why don't they run around them?" If you look at it from an outsiders perspective, like you do, you have no common understanding. Just like in football, if you watched it just a few times you would wonder why the WR comes in motion, why LB's are shifting, why the QB is making audibles.

Now go back and watch NASCAR and see a car that is ill-handling. How exactly would you fix it? Tell the driver to just do better? Wish it was that simple, eh? How many rounds on the track bar would you go up or down? How about the tire pressures? Which would you adjust? How about a spring rubber in the shocks? Maybe pull out the fender to give you a bit more downforce? This isn't even discussing the massive amount of changes they will make before a race if a car isn't handling well.

Maybe when they go to a super speedway when the only time a break is used is when you are trying to get down pit road, the drivers should be more entertaining. I mean, what is entertaining about going 200mph at full throttle around a 2 mile track while you are inches and feet apart for an entire race.

Maybe when they go to a short track like Bristol where traffic is more clogged than NYC during rush hour, they should be more entertaining than going 100mph on inclined banking you can barely walk up.

The people who think of NASCAR as a redneck sport are nothing short of idiots who try to poke fun of something they don't understand.

Maybe they should go back to MMA to boo fights like Sherk and Franca because they don't understand the beauty of how a transition game fight works. I mean, at least MMA isn't "redneck", right? Too bad most people don't understand that either.
bwillie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillie26 View Post
What an idiotic generalization. 'Basically sums up the souther states'? So you are saying that southern states know more about the science of a car than the rest of the country? Fan-freaking-tastic!

I guess you watch a football game and wonder "why do those the guy with the ball always run towards the other men? Why don't they run around them?" If you look at it from an outsiders perspective, like you do, you have no common understanding. Just like in football, if you watched it just a few times you would wonder why the WR comes in motion, why LB's are shifting, why the QB is making audibles.

Now go back and watch NASCAR and see a car that is ill-handling. How exactly would you fix it? Tell the driver to just do better? Wish it was that simple, eh? How many rounds on the track bar would you go up or down? How about the tire pressures? Which would you adjust? How about a spring rubber in the shocks? Maybe pull out the fender to give you a bit more downforce? This isn't even discussing the massive amount of changes they will make before a race if a car isn't handling well.

Maybe when they go to a super speedway when the only time a break is used is when you are trying to get down pit road, the drivers should be more entertaining. I mean, what is entertaining about going 200mph at full throttle around a 2 mile track while you are inches and feet apart for an entire race.

Maybe when they go to a short track like Bristol where traffic is more clogged than NYC during rush hour, they should be more entertaining than going 100mph on inclined banking you can barely walk up.

The people who think of NASCAR as a redneck sport are nothing short of idiots who try to poke fun of something they don't understand.

Maybe they should go back to MMA to boo fights like Sherk and Franca because they don't understand the beauty of how a transition game fight works. I mean, at least MMA isn't "redneck", right? Too bad most people don't understand that either.
And don't forget, there's so much more than this even, like gas mileage... so much more stuff. It's really an intricate sport.

Anyway, I'm calling Bowyer in a surprise win at Indy.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Veteran

Kyle Busch is gonna win The Brickyard.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Tony Stewart wins again at Indy.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, Harvick coulda had him again if not for that damage.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you see all the guys climbing the fence? wonder how long until one of them falls.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn it, Harvick came so close!

O well, he won Daytona, so thats all that matters :D

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:26 AM    (permalink
Veteran

Kurt Busch dominated Pocono and Kyle Busch made a nice comeback after his car was horrible for that whole race. Kyle Busch= Champion in the future

Jeff Gordon=5 time Champion

Also, In other news Paris Hilton and Kasey Kahne "talked". A few days back.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys I have a question for you. Anyway, a couple days back I got a NASCAR game for my computer(Nascar Racing 2003 Season, very fun, supposedly the most realistic NASCAR simulation out there), and when I go to race, there's practice, then qualifying, then happy hour, then race. My question is, what's happy hour? It's been buggin' me, and I figured you guys would know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Hey guys I have a question for you. Anyway, a couple days back I got a NASCAR game for my computer(Nascar Racing 2003 Season, very fun, supposedly the most realistic NASCAR simulation out there), and when I go to race, there's practice, then qualifying, then happy hour, then race. My question is, what's happy hour? It's been buggin' me, and I figured you guys would know.
Happy Hour is just another practice so you can tweak you're car when you do the race. In real life you have the practice before qualifying so you can make adjustments for just riding two laps. Then Happy Hour comes and thats when you make adjustment's to you're car that way it can go for the whole race. I hope I explained it well enough. My Brain is whoozy from my Football practice.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Happy Hour is just another practice so you can tweak you're car when you do the race. In real life you have the practice before qualifying so you can make adjustments for just riding two laps. Then Happy Hour comes and thats when you make adjustment's to you're car that way it can go for the whole race. I hope I explained it well enough. My Brain is whoozy from my Football practice.
Ohhh okay, thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NR2003 is the greatest NASCAR game ever. Bar none. Too bad EA is effing up the games horribly, as Sierra had something down. But from what I heard, online servers should be going down soon.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Breaking news. Kyle Busch is gonna replace J.J. Yeley.

Kyle Busch, who drives the No. 5 Chevrolet for Hendrick Motorsports and lost his spot on the team to Dale Earnhardt Jr., will drive the No. 18 for Joe Gibbs Racing in 2008, ESPN's Angelique Chengelis reports.

The 22-year-old Busch will replace J.J. Yeley, who currently drives the No. 18 car for Gibbs and is now shopping for a job.

Gibbs is a strong team like Hendrick now.