Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2006, 10:44 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So cote won ( as i predicted)

Im going with my predictions and saying

Sell vs Cote at MW

Thomas vs Serra at WW

This all depends on how the next rounds are set up though. If Sell and Cote fight in the first round i got Lutter vs the winner in the second round.

If thomas vs Serra is first round i have Lydle vs the winner of serra thomas.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:59 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That kick from his back won Cote that fight. Beautiful.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:22 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX
That kick from his back won Cote that fight. Beautiful.
UPKICK!
Old 10-07-2006, 11:51 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

On MMAweekly they had an article about a possible Sanchez vs Penn fight. Any predictions? I think BJ could dominate stand up and his takedown defense is too good for Diego to take him down. But the key would be his Cardio because Sanchez has amazing cardio.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:14 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
On MMAweekly they had an article about a possible Sanchez vs Penn fight. Any predictions? I think BJ could dominate stand up and his takedown defense is too good for Diego to take him down. But the key would be his Cardio because Sanchez has amazing cardio.
Thats going to be the case with a lot of Penn fights now, he's technically pretty much the best, but does his cardio match? If I was his trainer I'd consider doing about 90% cardio, since we all know he has the skills.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 03:43 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where is that article? All I can find is one about Diego vs. Riggs.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, if penn trains hard, he should dominate
Old 10-07-2006, 10:39 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Where is that article? All I can find is one about Diego vs. Riggs.
I dont have it anymore Ill see if i can find it again if i do ill post the link.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:07 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Main Card Bouts:
-Tito Ortiz (#7 Light Heavyweight in the world)* vs. Ken Shamrock
-Kendall Grove vs. Chris Price
-Matt Hamill vs. Seth Petruzelli
-Ed Herman vs. Jason MacDonald

Preliminary Bouts:
-Nathan Marquardt (#9 Middleweight)* vs. Crafton Wallace
-Josh Haynes vs. Rory Singer
-John Alessio vs. Thiago Alves
-Tony DeSouza vs. Dustin Hazelett
-Forrest Petz vs. Marcus Davis

Tommorow. Fight im most excited about is Hamill vs Petruzelli.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Main Card Bouts:

Preliminary Bouts:
-Tony DeSouza vs. Dustin Hazelett- no clue
-Forrest Petz vs. Marcus Davis- no clue

Tommorow. Fight im most excited about is Hamill vs Petruzelli.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:25 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Rooting for Shamrock, but Tito will win.
Grove Hamill and Herman take the other main card bouts.
Marquardt destroys Wallace.
Haynes beats Singer...I don't like either of these guys...
Alves takes a decision over Alessio.
The last 2...I'll take a stab at say DeSouza and Petz....
Old 10-09-2006, 11:07 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

UFC FIGHT NIGHT: DECEMBER 6 ON SPIKE TV

-Diego Sanchez (#4 welterweight in the world)* vs. Joe Riggs
-Chris Leben vs. TBA
Old 10-09-2006, 11:14 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Main Card Bouts:
-Ed Herman vs. Jason MacDonald ( I think this could be closer than expecte)

Preliminary Bouts:
-Forrest Petz vs. Marcus Davis -
Old 10-10-2006, 05:38 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Main Card Bouts:

Preliminary Bouts:

Wow, I know so few of these fighters....

also, on a card like this how is Marquardt in the prelims, he's being treated like crap.

Old 10-10-2006, 06:02 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan
Main Card Bouts:

Preliminary Bouts:

Wow, I know so few of these fighters....

also, on a card like this how is Marquardt in the prelims, he's being treated like crap.
Well, UFN basically exists to showcase the TUF fighters. I hate Marquardt anyway, so i dont really care.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:51 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Herman upsetted I halfway called that in my predictions
Old 10-10-2006, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Herman upsetted I halfway called that in my predictions
i was shocked
Old 10-10-2006, 09:42 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Who won the Shamrock fight?

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:44 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1
Ortiz pounded him, he won about 2 minutes into the first round.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:46 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1
Ortiz pounded him, he won about 2 minutes into the first round.
Damn again... I wanted Shamrock to win but thats cool.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Everyone knew Shamrock was gonna lose, it was just sad to see it end like that, and then tito flipped him off, which was a pretty jackass move imo. I usualy find tito's antics funny, but this was just classless
Old 10-11-2006, 12:09 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

That kind of thing is why I don't like Tito. He atleast apologized for it afterward. I'm surprised Shamrock shook hands with hm and congratulated him right after Tito flipped him off.

As for the other fights...

Matt Hamill has some of the worst standup I've ever seen, if fights someone that can defend a takedown, he's finished.

I'm glad Herman lost, though I thought he would win. I just don't like his cocky attitude, his constant whining and saying he's the best really bugged me on TUF 3.

Hey...I just noticed I really don't like anyone from TUF 3.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:11 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That kind of thing is why I don't like Tito. He atleast apologized for it afterward. I'm surprised Shamrock shook hands with hm and congratulated him right after Tito flipped him off.

Matt Hamill has some of the worst standup I've ever seen, if fights someone that can defend a takedown, he's finished.

I'm glad Herman lost, though I thought he would win. I just don't like his cocky attitude, his constant whining and saying he's the best really bugged me on TUF 3.

Matt is a pure wrestler who has only been doing MMA for 11 months.

He'll have decent striking soon, and he will be a dominant MMA fighter for a while.

The guy is a straight up beast.

You don't like anyone from TUF3? How can you not root for Hammil.

I like Kendall & Hammil. Both going to be big timers in the MMA business in the future for sure.
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:47 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL
Quote:

He'll have decent striking soon, and he will be a dominant MMA fighter for a while.

You don't like anyone from TUF3? How can you not root for Bisping.

I like Kendall & Bisping. Both going to be big timers in the MMA business in the future for sure.
Corrected it for you ;)

Old 10-11-2006, 04:30 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL

You don't like anyone from TUF3? How can you not root for Hammil.

I like Kendall & Hammil. Both going to be big timers in the MMA business in the future for sure.
I know Matt hasn't been doing MMA for very long, but his standup hasn't improved AT ALL since he was on TUF. He should have been doing a lot of standup work in training, but it looks like he's don'e no standup work at all.

Hamill has a great story and all, but I don't see him being a dominant fighter. All he did in that fight was take the guy down and grind his elbow across hims face. The ref stood them up about 5 times because he wasn't doing anything on the ground. Really the only impressive thing about him so far is his takedowns...but it's not like Seth was doing much to defend those takedowns.

Kendal is ok, Bisping is ok, Hamill is ok...but there's nobody that I really like.