Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-27-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Jhawk386

Aldarius Johnson and Marcus Forston to the Canes. Yea buddy.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The recruiting class looks great so far.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

RonnieRun23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

James Bryant transferred to Louisville.

Josh Tatum is coming to Miami. He's gonna sit out a year and be a R-SO next year, so he'll have 3 to play 3.
RonnieRun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Bryant can stay out of trouble, was a very impressive player, would have liked him lead blocking this year but oh well.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-31-2007, 01:53 AM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope Tatum does well

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeans187 View Post
I hope Tatum does well
Tatum came from my high school. I hope he does well as well. I hope I can follow in his footsteps..

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Just updating the roster projections.

QB- Kyle Wright- Just barely gets the job over Freeman.
RB- Javarris James- James should be the workhorse with Graig Cooper being the x factor here. Both will be on the field at the same time and Cooper will play WR as well.
FB/H-B- Chris Zellner- Mabry should see some time as a blocking FB, but Zellner will get most of the snaps.
SE- Sam Shields- Darnell Jenkins may start here but he is a bit of a question mark coming off the injury and missing spring.
FL- Lance Leggett- Was having a big spring before the injury.
TE- DajLeon Farr- Another position that will rotate, Zellner will see some time here as well as Dedrick Epps and Richard Gordon.
LT- Jason Fox- Best OL last year, hopefully injuries will heal quickly.
LG- Andrew Bain- Orlando Franklin may take this spot.
C- AJ Trump- Morse was tried here but looks like Trump might get the job.
RG- Derrick Morse- Could start here or center, but he will definitely be a starter.
RT- Reggie Youngblood- Really needs to step up, been a disappointment.

DE- Calais Campbell- Stud of the defense, should have a big year, Steven Wesley should see the field as well here.
DT- Teraz McCray- The interior worried me a bit until what I saw from the spring game, this guy is a beast. Hendricks will be in the rotation
DT- Antonio Dixon- Huge guy inside, will rotate with Holmes.
DE- Eric Moncur- Started a few games last year, got some good pressure on the QB, back up Franklin is pretty good. Harris will rotate in as well.
WLB- Colin McCarthy- Guy is a stud, Adkins will see time.
MLB- Glenn Cook- Darryl Sharpton will compete here.
SLB- Tavares Gooden- Adkins or McCarthy could end up here.
CB- Glenn Sharpe- Needs to step up and be the #1 CB.
CB- Randy Phillips- Had a rough year last year, Bruce Johnson will push for his job.
NB- Chavez Grant- Wiggins will push him here but Grant should come out on top.
S- Kenny Phillips- Leader of the secondary.
S- Lovon Ponder- Due to Reddick's injury Ponder will definitely start.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-31-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was hearing rumors that Richard Gordon was getting looks on the DL.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

He played their in spring but was moved back to tight end recently.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-01-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Jhawk386

Guru, I think Sharpton gets the nod for MIKE. Barrow really, really likes him.

My guess for the backers is:

MIKE: Sharp
WILL: Cook
SAM: Gooden

Eventually I think Colin will take Cook's spot. JMO.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Sharpton may very well end up a starter, but I don't see how they can keep the knowledge of Cook and Gooden off of the field or the talent of McCarthy. I think Gooden may actually end up the odd man out and will likely be the top back up. The LBs always rotate so even if a guy doesn't end up starting he'll see the field a lot. Cook always looks the best at MLB and he is definitely the smartest LB and I don't see Sharpton doing very well at OLB. I'm sure the coaches will find the best rotation of LBs by the start of the season.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-03-2007, 07:53 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You think Kyle keeps it over Freeman? I keep thinking the opposite personally.

I heard that Tatum got turned down by us to come here? Anyone able to confirm if he is indeed transfering?

Anyone have any thoughts about most likely moving to JRS instead of the Orange bowl? I will miss that hell hole. It may stink, no parking, afraid to use the restrooms, etc etc and be even falling apart. But, there is no place that when packed can cause a better homefield advantage then there, place is more loud and opposing then anywhere I have been.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:23 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Yea, the history behind the Orange Bowl is the only thing even keeping it in consideration. It's probably one of the worst stadiums in the country. Though going there for a game was always 100 times better than Dolphins stadium (lol Joe Robbie). The biggest concern I see with it is the distance from the school and students getting to games.

As for Kirby and Kyle, it's still 50/50 but Kyle looked much better out of the two throwing the ball in the Spring game. I think his seniority as well as experience will give him a slight edge over Kirby.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-03-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

I want Kyle to start. He looked better in the spring game than Kirby.

There's no word on Tatum yet. Miami-Herald reported that he was on-campus and it was confirmed, but there hasn't been any official news on whether Randy accepted him.

Sean Spence called a press conference with Randy for today, so he's probably going to commit today. Recruit number 18. Also from MNW.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Yea, the history behind the Orange Bowl is the only thing even keeping it in consideration. It's probably one of the worst stadiums in the country. Though going there for a game was always 100 times better than Dolphins stadium (lol Joe Robbie). The biggest concern I see with it is the distance from the school and students getting to games.

As for Kirby and Kyle, it's still 50/50 but Kyle looked much better out of the two throwing the ball in the Spring game. I think his seniority as well as experience will give him a slight edge over Kirby.
I just like the added dimension of Kirby's legs over Kyle. That and I think "if" we have problems with the line his ability to move better in and out of the pocket might help the WR's downfield. As a pure passer yeah Kyle has looked better though.

My hope is the kids on the oline get better, as I think some of them will. Then the running dimension becomes a second thought. But injuries always happen.

anyone see Scout's write up on us in their preseason part? We are 12th ahead of UF :)
Old 08-03-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiam...er-bond-m.html

a herald canes article nice little read
Old 08-03-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRun23 View Post
I want Kyle to start. He looked better in the spring game than Kirby.

There's no word on Tatum yet. Miami-Herald reported that he was on-campus and it was confirmed, but there hasn't been any official news on whether Randy accepted him.

Sean Spence called a press conference with Randy for today, so he's probably going to commit today. Recruit number 18. Also from MNW.
Shannon said he won't be a cane.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-03-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

Yeah, I was about to post his comment right now.

"I don't know who broke that story. Josh Tatum is not on this team. Josh Tatum won't be on this team, not today, not tomorrow, or next year. All I know is he was released by USC."
Old 08-09-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Glenn Cook was injured and should be out for the first three weeks of the season. The starting LBs look like they will be McCarthy, Sharpton and now Gooden at WLB filling in for Cook, at least for the time being. Romeo Davis is already out for the season and Sharpton has been banged up the last couple days.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-13-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope this happens, just think Gordon and Cooper returning kicks...
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/co...ry/201211.html

Old 08-13-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Yea I'm really excited than Gordon is back on offense. He is amazing physically, and he did pretty good returning kicks in the scrimmage. I wouldn't be shocked to see him as the starting TE and not Farr.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-14-2007, 07:36 AM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeans187 View Post
I hope this happens, just think Gordon and Cooper returning kicks...
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/co...ry/201211.html
good find, i would love to see him return some as well as some of the smaller and fast players that UM are loaded with.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

Kylan Robinson was moved to LB because of the lack of depth.

http://insidetheu.com/news/viewnews.php?v=46c1af07cbb47
Old 08-14-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

That's somewhat shocking. He was progressing well at FB/H-B, hopefully he can transition to LB.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-26-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

Anyone see the high school game on espn? Miami commit Davon Johnson had a great performance that made me forget AJ Green was on the other team