Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:55 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default joseph Addai or Julius Jones

My brother and I got in an argument about this who is better?

I say Addai.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:56 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now Julius Jones for sure. This is a wierd comparison.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:03 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep in mind Addai doesn't get the ball as much. Addai has a better average.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Julius Jones, And especially Julius if keeps his production up and stays healthy this year. Hes 5th in the league in rushing and has played one less game than most of the other running backs. 2nd in Yards per carry average. Addai looks pretty good but lets give it some time before we start saying hes better than some of the younger running backs in the league.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:05 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Julius is a guy who can take 20 plus carry's every week and he runs with a lot of power, right now Addai is nothing more than a scat back.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan
Keep in mind Addai doesn't get the ball as much. Addai has a better average.
Keep in mind that Julius has had mediocre/poor run blocking throughtout his career so far. .1 better yards per carry for Addai isnt much of a difference.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:12 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettosermon
Julius is a guy who can take 20 plus carry's every week and he runs with a lot of power, right now Addai is nothing more than a scat back.
I don't t5hink he's scat at all. He takes a cut and goes north and south. He has great vision right now for a rookie.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 10-09-2006, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys
Keep in mind that Julius has had mediocre/poor run blocking throughtout his career so far.
More importantly, he's had durability issues.

I like Julius Jones though, I've liked him since his rookie year - that performance he put on at Seattle on MNF was something to remember - and I hope he can stay healthy so that he can finally break 1,000 yards.

And I think a great deal about Addai, as well. He's looking very promising.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:17 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither is lighting the world on fire. This is like comparing J.P Losman to Jon Kitna. Who cares?

But I like Julius.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Neither is lighting the world on fire. This is like comparing J.P Losman to Jon Kitna. Who cares?

But I like Julius.
I dont know Julius is off to a great start. Only two touchdowns so far but has averaged close to 100 yards per game thus far. Hopefully he can stay healthy for once.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:23 AM    (permalink
geaux tigers
Veteran

geaux tigers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd like to see Addai get the bulk of the carries. At least he'll be fresher towards the end of the season.
geaux tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:48 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Im a Colts fan but if I had to pick one right now it would absolutely be Julius Jones.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I think it's clear as of now that Julius Jones is the better RB. Let me explain. Now keep in mind JJ has played one less game than Addai. Julius Jones has better breakaway speed than Joseph Addai. One example: Julius has 3 runs of over 20 yards. Addai? Not a single run of 20 yards or more.
Jones runs with more power. There's no stat to show that this is true, but just look at the tape. Jones is fighting for every inch in some runs. Addai is going down much easier than Jones. Some Addai patrons may point to the fact that adaii has a better average of yards per carry. To that, I have two things to say. Addai is playing behind one of the best run blocking lines in the league. Jones, however, not so much. Dallas' line is average at best. Number 2: Addai is fresh because doesn't get the load that Jones does. Addai can came in rested and ready to run, while the Cowoys often pound Jones play after play, and Jones will get worn down, but who wouldn't? Sure, Addai may be able to catch more balls, but did you ever consider that Julius Jones doesn't go out for passes as much because has has to stay in to protect Bledsoe? Also, when Jones does catch the ball, he is more of a threat. On 2 catches, he has 61 yards. That's called explosiveness, my friends. Wow. So who's the better back. Jones is. No question.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:09 AM    (permalink
IRONMAN27

Julius Jones no question
Old 10-09-2006, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Addai has the same ammount of fumbles (1) as Jones on 158 less carries.Let me say that again, did you catch that number? Jones has carried the ball 158 more times than Addai, yet Adaai has the same ammount of fumbles. That percentage comes to be this: Addai fumbles 1.6% of the time. Jones? 0.5%. Wow. So who's the better back. Jones is. No question.
Wait, where is this stat coming from? Display how you arrived at the numbers listed.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
Quote:
Addai has the same ammount of fumbles (1) as Jones on 158 less carries.Let me say that again, did you catch that number? Jones has carried the ball 158 more times than Addai, yet Adaai has the same ammount of fumbles. That percentage comes to be this: Addai fumbles 1.6% of the time. Jones? 0.5%. Wow. So who's the better back. Jones is. No question.
Wait, where is this stat coming from? Display how you arrived at the numbers listed.
NFL.com Did the % math myself.

Jones: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492974

Addai: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/405288

To get to the % math, I used their numbers of carries and fumbles.

BoneKrusher
Old 10-09-2006, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Wait. ****. I screwed up.

BoneKrusher
Old 10-09-2006, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

My god, this is not my week.

BoneKrusher
Old 10-09-2006, 11:29 AM    (permalink
geaux tigers
Veteran

Quote:
Well, I think it's clear as of now that Julius Jones is the better RB. Let me explain. Now keep in mind JJ has played one less game than Addai. Julius Jones has better breakaway speed than Joseph Addai. One example: Julius has 3 runs of over 20 yards. Addai? Not a single run of 20 yards or more.
Jones runs with more power. There's no stat to show that this is true, but just look at the tape. Jones is fighting for every inch in some runs. Addai is going down much easier than Jones. Some Addai patrons may point to the fact that adaii has a better average of yards per carry. To that, I have two things to say. Addai is playing behind one of the best run blocking lines in the league. Jones, however, not so much. Dallas' line is average at best. Number 2: Addai is fresh because doesn't get the load that Jones does. Addai can came in rested and ready to run, while the Cowoys often pound Jones play after play, and Jones will get worn down, but who wouldn't? Sure, Addai may be able to catch more balls, but did you ever consider that Julius Jones doesn't go out for passes as much because has has to stay in to protect Bledsoe? Also, when Jones does catch the ball, he is more of a threat. On 2 catches, he has 61 yards. That's called explosiveness, my friends. Addai has the same ammount of fumbles (1) as Jones on 158 less carries.Let me say that again, did you catch that number? Jones has carried the ball 158 more times than Addai, yet Adaai has the same ammount of fumbles. That percentage comes to be this: Addai fumbles 1.6% of the time. Jones? 0.5%. Wow. So who's the better back. Jones is. No question.

I think everyone is talking about this season. JJ has had 86 carries while Addai has only have 59. Addai has also caught 13recpetions vs 2 for JJ.
So 72 touches vs 88 for JJ. I dont even see the point of bringing up fumbles to compare the two.

nevermind since you just corrected yourself.

I dont think its fair to compare addai when he doesnt get the bulk of the carries. when he start getting around ~20 carries, then we can start comparing addai to other featured backs.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

So forget the fumble thing...

And forget that I'm as retarted as Drew Bledsoe.

BoneKrusher
Old 10-09-2006, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

That's like 5 mistakes this week. What am I, A-Rod?

BoneKrusher
Old 10-09-2006, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

It is still very clear that JJ is better, though.

BoneKrusher
Old 10-09-2006, 11:33 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i'm not sure how anyone in their right mind could actually take addai *right now*. next year or in two years you might have a worthwhile argument.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:34 AM    (permalink
geaux tigers
Veteran

I think once addai gets more PT he will still continue to put up good numbers benefiting from playing in a colt's offense.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:08 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

O.K.... This vision that addai is a little guy who bounces around like Reggie Bush is not lagitament. If you have watched his he doesn't go down easy (Staubach12) He also runs with power and fights for extra yards. As for the lines I think that the colts guards are not really all that great at blocking. It is sometimes hard to go up the middle, but the outside is money with Tarik Glenn. Also, Ryan Diem has been playing injured so don't bring up the line issue. The cowboys have a pretty solid line. When Ryan Diem is back we'll be very solid. I'm sorry that this might be kinda homerish, but I love Joseph Addai and I had to argue with Staubach when he said Julius Jones was better.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote: